Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having trouble transitioning into maintenance

So I'm supposedly at goal. I wouldn't mind losing a bit more fat from my panus and boobage but I look fantastic in clothes and most of my problem areas are from loose skin, not fat.

But I'm having trouble stopping the weight loss. I've been losing 1.5-2 lb. a week still and I'd be losing more but I've been actively fighting it. Should I? Some people say to "let my body decide where it wants to be" but I'm already a size 2 on top and a size 4 on the bottom and I'm getting kind of boney on top.

Also, I've calculated my calorie requirements and I think I'd get down to 95 lb. if I don't start eating more. But when I eat more, I feel bloated and overly full. I forced myself to eat 1500 calories today and I hated it.

So I'm supposedly at goal. I wouldn't mind losing a bit more fat from my panus and boobage but I look fantastic in clothes and most of my problem areas are from loose skin, not fat.

But I'm having trouble stopping the weight loss. I've been losing 1.5-2 lb. a week still and I'd be losing more but I've been actively fighting it. Should I? Some people say to "let my body decide where it wants to be" but I'm already a size 2 on top and a size 4 on the bottom and I'm getting kind of boney on top.

Also, I've calculated my calorie requirements and I think I'd get down to 95 lb. if I don't start eating more. But when I eat more, I feel bloated and overly full. I forced myself to eat 1500 calories today and I hated it.

Not sure I can be a lot of help. I was in the same boat and I just had to suck it up and get used to eating. It does get easier but if you go any lower you are probably going to look a little silly.

I was pretty sick when I had my revision and was trying to maintain so I wasn't exercising. I know that isn't an option for you but the reality is you are just going to have to eat more food or eat higher calorie foods. This phase will stop, honest. But you have to learn what works for you.

Is that not when you add in more "healthy" carbs like whole wheat bread? (if you can tolerate it)

rather than up your quantity of food can you not just make it higher in calories so your not eating more?

that sounds rather scary going under 100 lbs

Well, my grandmother, who was taller than me was only 90 lb. But she had no boobs and hollow twigs for bones. I think I could get down to 110 and still be healthy.

Anyway, I had an "ah ha" moment last night. I realized that when I first started swimming, I was burning 600 calories an hour and now I only burn about 300. I forgot that as I get smaller and more fit (and, in this case, improve my stroke efficiency), I won't be burning mega-calories when I work out.

So I do think that things will stabilize eventually and I don't have to fight so hard to stop everything right this second.

I can't wait until I'm in your shoes. I have about 20 lbs until I reach goal, but who knows how I'll feel at that point! It'll put me at a BMI is about 22.8.

Congrats to you! Maybe you can sneak in a chocolate truffle here and there lol?

I had that problem pregnant..... the ways I got in calories was insane! I had to drink Protein Shakes for Snacks (ones with carbs) to try to make even.....then. WOuld not reccommend it...... wish you luck and hope to have this be a somewhat issue at sometime

I just got back from seeing Dr. Awesome and he said I need to add in healthy carbs and also to experiment. I need to see what my threshold is for carbs (i.e., at what point they cause unhealthy cravings). He also said to eat more before a workout rather than relying on doing it before and after because exercise often makes people less hungry.

Oh and I forgot to say that he also said it's better to go down 5-10 lb. more than you wanted than 5-10 lb. less and that I could go to 110 or even 105 and be fine.

I think he's wrong about 105. But I thought he was nuts to think I could get down to 115 and I think I'm going to.

I guess we'll see.

Nuts.

Lots of em. They keep me from getting too skinny. I'm not willing to cut back on the running, and I am not willing to eat rubbish. This is where a well functioning band is an advantage, I guess becuase to a degree I can modify my restriction to suit my needs, which I have done. But by the same token, unfill it too much and hello cravings.

So I resort to a few foods like nuts, organic muesli, and similar which is quite high in healthy fats and calories but provides the carbs I need. I can get in quite a few calories for not a lot of volume, as I really need 1800 to 2000 calories a day to maintain my weight. I always would have said I had a slow metabolism, but it turns out really not to be so bad - which means i must have been eating a helluva lot before!

Also, a daily couple of squares of dark chocolate and some red wine is really good for you!

Heh, that's funny because I made some trail mix for working out yesterday. :lol0:

I have to be careful though because nuts can be a trigger food for me.

Just a little update. I'm doing better, I think. I'm still losing but I want to lose a bit more to have a cushion. I'm eating about 1650 calories a day on average and I'm going to up that when I get to 110.

Just a little update. I'm doing better, I think. I'm still losing but I want to lose a bit more to have a cushion. I'm eating about 1650 calories a day on average and I'm going to up that when I get to 110.

That's great Mac ... wow, I can't even imagine weighing 110 ... I think that's about what my left leg weighs! :thumbup:

I am sure you will find the happy medium you need to maintain once you lose the cushion weight. I think you're amazing.

Well, I am only 5'1". I was 110 in HS. I was 4'10 and 95 lb. when I started but I got up to 110 and 5' at the end. Or maybe I was already 5'1" by then. (It's so hard to remember.)

I was 125 and 5'2" by the time I graduated from college.

During all that time, I was SO convinced I was a big porker too. But I really didn't start packing on the pounds until I got out of college. Isn't it weird how we can't really see ourselves clearly until a lot of time has passed.