Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They are so much fun, and need to be walked, an added bonus. We've had 3 schnauzers, and a smarter dog we've never experienced. I don't know how smart Dudley is, but he is the sweetest guy so who cares. lol Blessings, mary

Jane you are truly amazing. I will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers. You'll do great! I'll be cheerleading for you, as well as keeping you in thought and prayer. Blessings, mary

They are so much fun, and need to be walked, an added bonus. We've had 3 schnauzers, and a smarter dog we've never experienced. I don't know how smart Dudley is, but he is the sweetest guy so who cares. lol Blessings, mary

My Schnauzer was without a doubt the smartest dog I have ever had the pleasure of sharing my home. She was great, she was that "once in a lifetime" dog. Don't get me wrong, I adore my other dogs to pieces but she was special. She had me figured out. ;o)

I really want another dog, I can't decide between a Shih Tzu (not so bright lap dog) or a Mini Schnauzer (smarter than me). I adore them both.

My Schnauzer was without a doubt the smartest dog I have ever had the pleasure of sharing my home. She was great, she was that "once in a lifetime" dog. Don't get me wrong, I adore my other dogs to pieces but she was special. She had me figured out. ;o)

I really want another dog, I can't decide between a Shih Tzu (not so bright lap dog) or a Mini Schnauzer (smarter than me). I adore them both.

We have a terrier toy mix and a Shih Tzu. Our Chloe (the terrier) is the smartest dog I have ever owned, and I have owned dogs since I was 18. We rescued her from the SPCA when she was 4 months old and she continues to amaze me with what she can figure out on her own and how easy she is to train. My goal is to have her pass training and become a Rehab Dog.

Riley, our Shih Tzu is also a rescue dog, from an individual and he was 11 months old when we got him. What I have discovered about Shih Tzu's is that they aren't as dumb as people, including me, think they are ... they are, however, extremely stubborn and sometimes that is construed as stupid. They definitely are a very laid-back breed that is for sure.

I have always owned big dogs until Chloe and Riley came into my life. I never thought I could "like" little dogs ... however, I love these two dogs and to watch the interaction between the two of them is a constant source of enjoyment.

Good luck on your choice WASa. I'd strongly suggest checking out the SPCA - they have lots of pure breds and with the foreclosure epdemic, people are leaving their animals behind when they leave their house ... lots of good dogs waiting to be loved.

whoa nellie!!! It's getting exciting now!! I got a date today. July 2, i"ll be an 'official sleever!'

The one that captures your heart would be the right one. We got our third Schnauzer, not taking into consideration we were not going to have the energy to match hers. That is why we chose the Shih Tzu for her companion, he's less high energy and more manageable. No matter what you choose, a dog kiss is pretty special.

I started out at 259. I set my goal at 150, just because I remember (vaguely) being that weight, and I felt & looked pretty good. I lost 24 pounds prior to surgery on 1/28/09, and have lost an additional 64 since then. So, I only have 21 pounds to go, but I still REALLY relate with the 100+ Pound Club! I think it'll take a while for my brain to catch up. I already have people asking, "How much more are you going to lose? You look so skinny!" I think they're still comparing to the old, 259-lb me, so I look REALLY skinny compared to that! Just not so much compared to actual skinny/ normal people.

I think it will take a while for THEIR minds to adjust to the new, skinny you. Their brain is still expecting the other you to show up on their doorstep so it is a shock to them. Don't worry about them.

I started out at 259. I set my goal at 150, just because I remember (vaguely) being that weight, and I felt & looked pretty good. I lost 24 pounds prior to surgery on 1/28/09, and have lost an additional 64 since then. So, I only have 21 pounds to go, but I still REALLY relate with the 100+ Pound Club! I think it'll take a while for my brain to catch up. I already have people asking, "How much more are you going to lose? You look so skinny!" I think they're still comparing to the old, 259-lb me, so I look REALLY skinny compared to that! Just not so much compared to actual skinny/ normal people.

I know what you're saying. At one point (prior to WLS), I went from 440 pounds to 193 pounds. At 193 pounds I fit into a size 14-16. I would look at the clothes in that size and was convinced there was NO way I would fit into them. My head just couldn't see the new me. I also had friends and family members telling me I lost enough and looked fine. Since I was still obese, I knew "enough" was not their perception and that looking fine was very different from being at a healthy weight.

You're doing great and will be at goal in no time!

I feel the same way Elisabeth. . . I have set a long term goal of 113-120lb total lost.

I'm not sure how to set short term goal. My husband is due home from deployment end of Sept/early October. So, I have about 3.5 months until he gets home and I would love to have a goal set, but I don't know what would be realistic considering my specific situation.

My surgeon mentioned that he didn't want me to lose more than 30lbs before September. Well, I left the hospital on Friday, and my discharge weight was 263, today I am at 247lbs. That's 16lbs, I'm sure it will slow down once I get off the TPN, and can start eating, but right now I'm losing pretty quickly. I haven't had anything to eat or drink since June 2nd which I am sure is contributing to the quick loss. They pumped me full of fluids during the critical condition and ICU stay which bumped me up to 297lbs last Monday. I was urinating ever 45 minutes once they pulled the foley cath. . . It's hard to say what goals I want to set or achieve just because everything is so weird for me.

Maybe next week when I have another leak test, and hopefully start Clear liquids, I'll be able to get a better feel for what I can expect. . .

I do hope you are feeling much better every day, and as your strength returns so does the ability to think clearly and set reasonable goals. Blessings on your improving health.

I feel the same way Elisabeth. . . I have set a long term goal of 113-120lb total lost.

I'm not sure how to set short term goal. My husband is due home from deployment end of Sept/early October. So, I have about 3.5 months until he gets home and I would love to have a goal set, but I don't know what would be realistic considering my specific situation.

My surgeon mentioned that he didn't want me to lose more than 30lbs before September. Well, I left the hospital on Friday, and my discharge weight was 263, today I am at 247lbs. That's 16lbs, I'm sure it will slow down once I get off the TPN, and can start eating, but right now I'm losing pretty quickly. I haven't had anything to eat or drink since June 2nd which I am sure is contributing to the quick loss. They pumped me full of fluids during the critical condition and ICU stay which bumped me up to 297lbs last Monday. I was urinating ever 45 minutes once they pulled the foley cath. . . It's hard to say what goals I want to set or achieve just because everything is so weird for me.

Maybe next week when I have another leak test, and hopefully start Clear Liquids, I'll be able to get a better feel for what I can expect. . .

I think those of us with more to lose take a bit longer for our bodies to get back into a balance after surgery. I lost 10 pounds prior to surgery (on the pre-op diet) and then had the surgery at 285 pounds. I lost fast to 268 and then I stayed there for weeks. What I did notice was that I was not peeing as much as usual and I had some leg swelling.

I finally left the 260's and now seem to be averaging 2-3 pounds loss a week. I'm happy with that and yes, jealous of those who lose 20+ pounds a month, but I'll get there.

You'll lose weight fast on the TPN and the liquid phase of the diet. In 3 months, you could have 50 or more pounds off! Try making weight and activity goals.

I think those of us with more to lose take a bit longer for our bodies to get back into a balance after surgery. I lost 10 pounds prior to surgery (on the pre-op diet) and then had the surgery at 285 pounds. I lost fast to 268 and then I stayed there for weeks. What I did notice was that I was not peeing as much as usual and I had some leg swelling.

I finally left the 260's and now seem to be averaging 2-3 pounds loss a week. I'm happy with that and yes, jealous of those who lose 20+ pounds a month, but I'll get there.

You'll lose weight fast on the TPN and the liquid phase of the diet. In 3 months, you could have 50 or more pounds off! Try making weight and activity goals.

I would love to lose the first 100lbs in 12 months. I personally don't think that is unrealistic considering that's 2lbs a week. I'm going to set some goals next week once I find out about the TPN. I can't wait until I can exercise again. I loved when I started working out after the band, and then my old surgeon made me stop when I started having so much port pain. My neighbor has a pool, and told me I can use it once I get released. I'm walking a little right now, but I run out of gas pretty quickly.

50lbs gone by end of September would be amazing, and maybe that will be my first goal.

Losing more than 100lbs is so daunting to me. I know it can be done, but does anyone else ever feel like it's not going to happen?

My husband said he can't imagine me weighing 150lbs. He says it's going to be awkward because he's never known me to be "small".

I would love to lose the first 100lbs in 12 months. I personally don't think that is unrealistic considering that's 2lbs a week. I'm going to set some goals next week once I find out about the TPN. I can't wait until I can exercise again. I loved when I started working out after the band, and then my old surgeon made me stop when I started having so much port pain. My neighbor has a pool, and told me I can use it once I get released. I'm walking a little right now, but I run out of gas pretty quickly.

50lbs gone by end of September would be amazing, and maybe that will be my first goal.

Losing more than 100lbs is so daunting to me. I know it can be done, but does anyone else ever feel like it's not going to happen?

My husband said he can't imagine me weighing 150lbs. He says it's going to be awkward because he's never known me to be "small".

I can't even phathom losing 100 lbs -- and if I try to "see" it I don't see it as happening, so I think I am going to be one of those that sets small goals and be happy when I make each little hurdle and not look at the big hurdle - it's too daunting to me right now. It will probably take me awhile after I do reach it to even believe it. I am not one to lose fast, so I am sure I will be one of those, too, that loses 2-3 lbs a week ... and that is quite okay with me. It's 2-3 lbs of LOSS and not GAIN and I can handle that.

I have lost 7 lbs. since my date of surgery; however, I've always heard that the first 9 lbs are fluids.

We'll all get there. After all, we didn't get fat overnight, so I'm sure we're not going to get thin overnight either. (DARN IT)

Even losing slowly now would not be as discouraging as it was before because I didn't have to worry about losing 3 pounds during the week and having 2 come back over the weekend. Or losing 25 pounds in a few months only to have it come back just as quickly. That is the thing that has me going right not...I'm going to lose it and IT IS GOING TO STAY OFF!!!