Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Its so good to hear from so many of you today. Its funny how different, yet the same, our labband journey's have been. I do think there is some kind of normal that can be achieved with this band. I am finding that I can eat just about anything, but I'm scared to stray too far from my approved list. I do chew, chew, chew, and don't PB unless I've been overfilled. I had them double check the last fill to make sure everything was still there because I can eat too much. I still can and will go for one more fill next week.

I'm glad to see that some are out there enjoying a normal life with the band and not obsessing about it. I think that's the best way to live with the band if you can.

We got one tree finished last night. I have to put the final ribbons on it and declare it done. Two more to go. I also have some centerpieces to make and a few wreaths. All shopping is done so DH now has to wrap, wrap, wrap. OUr present to each other is the cruise.

I just thank all of you for being so supportive during this journey. It has made it so much easier knowing you are here.

Good Morning Everyone! I also appreciate hearing from so many of you today! We have come a long way in five months - don't you think?

Speaking about restriction (or lack thereof) I had great restriction from my fill on 9/17 but this past week it seems like it is all gone! It really scares me to find that I can eat so much more. And just before Thanksgiving! :0 Makes me wish I had gotten a fill on my last Dr visit on 11/6 :0 But now I have to wait until 12/4 so I had better just knuckle under and DO IT!!!

We had a nice day on Saturday here in the Pacific Northwest and my DH and I went for a great hike - we climbed 1600 feet in elevation and did 3 1/2 miles. It felt great to get out and do some strenuous exercise. I walk most days but that is on flat ground and doesn't really get the cardio going.

Has anyone else noticed an increase of energy? I find I cannot sit for very long at all - I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and putting in new shelf paper etc. In the past I would have curled up by the fire and read a book.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you :0

Fill scheduled for 11/28. This should take me through December. I hope it will be alright and give me just a little restriction. Its 3 weeks before the cruise so it should be enough time to make sure everything is OK before we leave.

Barbara465 - I am glad you are getting the fill before the cruise! I would find a cruise with all the good food challenging! Also I saw your picture on the Before and After thread. It was nice to put a face to you! I am so proud of you being able to "retire" your pants. Good work!

I can chime right in there with the not enough chewing = PB. The PB's I've had I know all could have been avoided if the bites were smaller, teaspoon size, I chewed properly, and slowed down. I PB when I take short cuts. I can eat anything, if the bites are small enough, and I chew well enough. Problem is, knowing versus doing. LOL

I can't wait till I'm able to really exercise, so far almost all my weight loss has been done on pretty much food intake alone, since I've had the inability to be active so much of the time. Going to start swimming again this week, or thats the plan anyways. I'm going to invest in a pass to the leisure center pool and gym, and see how it works for me.

Leila, Glad to hear you are progressing. We take for granted our ability to move. I'm considering a gym membership for our entire family as a Christmas gift. DD is a sad chicky this year. Just like her Mom, she can lose, but she can't maintain.

I'm sure I could use a fill. Went to Chili's last night with fam and ordered a hot tea as we sat down. Somehow that really opened the gates. I ate the entire chicken breast on my salad, at least 10 tortilla chips and the melted cheese out of the quesadia that came with my salad. No room for greens. So much for trying to get in a few more veggies. I was really hungry. I babysat for my grandoggy all afternoon. When Jack's around, it's a lot of running.

DH wants me to wait for the fill until after Christmas. I did lose another pound this a.m. There must be something to that "relaxed attitude" thing. Barbara465 - you may be a size 16 by the end of that cruise.

Good Morning guys. I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving. It has been a really stressful 2 weeks for me. After I finally got well from all my sickness, then my DD got lice and gave it too me. Ok like I really needed to do all that lice treatment on my head with my hair falling out. Then after we got rid of that my Uncle passed away, then 2 days later the neighbor kid broke his arm on OUR trampoline. When it rains it pours! So all this stress has made me really tight at times, I have had a couple of PB episodes. Today is my last day of work then i'm off till Monday. I am cooking for thankgiving this year, something i have never done before. That should be a treat. But my mom will be here, and she hasn't seen me since b4 the surgery. I was at 175.5lbs this morning and I'm CLAIMING IT! only .5lbs to go to hit 80lbs down WHAHOO! Well you all have a great week and thanks you for letting me vent!

Thanks for the size 16 comment! I needed that. ;):P It's funny, I can't even think that. I'm sitting here today after a frustrating visit to my closet this morning thinking I need to order some clothes. What size? All my clothes are just too big, even my alternate closet. :confused: Now I'm not complaining, but I do have to work and look somewhat presentable. My big problem is the legs of the pants. They think all heavy women have fat legs. I don't and the thighs of the pants stick way out. I'm thinking of ordering 18's from women's or maybe 20's from womens instead of plus size. I think there is such a thing. Maybe I should switch to skirts. Getting a fill next week should be good for 5-7 lbs before the cruise. :D

OK folks the formal tree is done. It is beautiful. We finished it last night after putting the finishing touches on it. I worked on the tree in our bedroom, but ran out of lights. I had to remove the lights DH put on. :D I like them twisted up and down each branch. He is off to store this morning to get some more and I'll work on that tonight. We are still waiting for the tree for the den to be delivered. We ordered it online so hopefully it will be here soon. If I can get the trees done I can work on centerpieces and wreaths over the long weekend. It will keep my hands busy and no time for eating. :D

I don't know why it does make it tighter but in my case it does. I guess the stomache is a muscle and like all your muscles when your stressed they all kind of bunch up. I dunno.

Hi June Bandsters, glad to see everyone here. I feel really good. I'm down 30 lbs and my doctor is pleased. I was able to buy size 22 last week so that is a huge NSV for me. Thanks for the thread.

Today is a fun day. A few of my piano students are coming by for a group lesson. I think I'm ready for Tgiving. I've eaten a little of the rice crispy treats I made for party this afternoon. A real wakeup call. Of course they were "tastes" that turned into a nice portion. If I would just make a plate and sit down and enjoy whatever, I wouldn't feel so guilty. No real harm done--just my ego I guess.

Rice Krispy treats must be an acquired taste. If I'm going to bad I can think of others things. ;) I must have given my child a bad childhood - I don't ever remember making those. I did buy a box of them once already prepared. Tasted like cardboard so thus my lack of interest. It's ok you had a taste, just be glad it wasn't followed by a PB!!!!!

Have fun.

No need for guilt PinkyLee. Enjoy a treat every now and then. We got the band to lose weight and be healthier. We didn't get the band to stop living!

Melissa Lea