Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hello Junbies ......

I haven't seen a June Band Crew thread yet so thought I would start it :) .

I'll be banded on June 9th in Texas. I'm getting very excited about it. I know that the band is just a "tool" to aid in my weight loss journey and it will take a lot of hard work on my part to make it successful. I've been overweight my whole life with the earliest memories being around age 4. Although no one else in my family is overweight, I am extremely fortunate to have full family support in my decision. I know that there are many people who's family doesn't offer the support they need. I would love to meet other pre-bandsters being banded in June to walk with me to the banded side of life and offer each other support.

I wish you all the best.

Melissa Lea :hippie:

Pre-bandster 240 lbs

June 9, 2006

Spivak

self-pay

Hi All,

I am part of the Junbies! June 2/06 Dr. Coburn, Mississauga ON

Started my pre-op yesterday and I am down a little over 5 lbs this morning. Will be looking forward to lots of support and sharing of stories here! and I just figured out how to update my ticker!:)

Hey gang, I too will be a Junebee bandster. My surgery is June 2nd as well by Dr Irgua here in Delaware. I started this whole process on April 8th and its been a whirlwind month. I am so totally excited and looking forward to a new and improved me. Long journey ahead but not as long as the journey I will be leaving behind. Good luck, lets keep in touch.

Kim

:)

I too am a Junbie bandster. My surgery is scheduled for June 6th by Dr. Voellinger here in Charlotte, NC. I started the process 10 months ago; so it's been a long time coming. I start my pre-op liquids on Monday. I'm excited about getting banded, but a little nervous about pre-op hunger ... the real and the mental type. Fortunately, I also have a great live local support group! :)

I hope we all do great and can encourage each other along the way! :clap2:

I think we should start an email buddy list and support each other through this journey. What do you think?

Kim

Kim, I think it's a great idea, but I don't have home e-mail, and will have to rely on board postings :)

If nothing changes I will be getting my surgery June 13th. DH and I are going on a cruise and coming back June 3rd. Although my doctor doesn't require it, I am going on a Protein liquid diet to get ready. I want to jump start the process, and after all the food on the cruise, I will need it.

Hello Everyone! So glad to meet other Junebies going through the same journey. Most of your dates are just about 2 weeks away :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm game for the email buddy list ....I think that's a great idea.

You can email me (bandsterrd@yahoo.com)

hi melissa,

i will also be banded by dr spivak. looks, like we both chose a really good doctor!!

cutiern:D

Hi CutieRN --

You will have to let me know how it goes for you --especially since you are having your procedure just 4 days before me :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: .

I will add your email to my contacts. Thanks.

I just love meeting all of you, thanks in advance for the support.

Best Wishes

Spivak

June 6

240/180/120

weight.png

I am also scheduled for June in Mexico with Dr. Rumbaut.

I would go tomorrow if I could. So far 13lbs down. Hey how do you

all make those little scales to show your progress?:help:

256/243/150

To be banded 6/25/06

Dr. Roberto Rumbaut

Monterrey, Mexico