Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach growling??

I was banded on 9/11 so I am 5 days post-op now. I get 60 grams of Protein in each day, and I don't really feel hungry too much. But I do have this constant stomach growling thing going on, which in the past would mean an instant snacktime. But if I really stop and pay attention when it growls, I don't feel hungry. Anyone else have this issue? How can you tell the difference between head hunger and physical hunger? I am drinking throughout the day and have SF popsicles as a "snack". So I don't feel like I need any more, but my stomach won't stop growling!!! What's up with this??

Seriously... I do meeting on an almost daily basis in work as a nurse, and I am finding I am having to shout to be heard Over the sound of my own stomach... I can hear it growling "please louise, were r my pies, crisps and chocolate, feed me, feed me" It's like a baby, I have tried to ignore it, but it's trying every trick in the book!! Just as I am about to speak with a doctor or a patients relatives.. It shouts out "feed me or I will embarrass you" Some times a rubble, so loud the other day, the kids thought it was storm.. Sometimes a screech or a loud burb, anything to distract me and get my attention!! It's even started growing during love making!! But I tell you now stomach growly monster, u have had your fair share of pies, crisps and chocolate, In fact more then most have in a life time, well the funs over, so you can growl, scream and cry all you want, this lady ain't for giving in!

Me either!! I haven't given in at all....mostly because I can't give in. I'm only a few days out so there isn't really much I can cheat with. But sometimes this growling is just plain painful!

Noisy stomachs do not mean you are hungry. Mine does it all the time, often after I have just eaten. Its a common part of banded life so you may find you need to get used to it.

Congrats on your surgery! You will learn that your stomach will make all kinds of noises from gurgling to growling, which seems to be perfectly normal I think. Best wishes to you!

Im so glad im not the only one going through this! lol I was banded 9/13/13 and the loud noises have begun hunnie! i know im not hungry but the noises are sooooooo loud!

My stomach plays whole symphonies... and I am almost 2 years out. It is normal.

I think I just never let it get empty enough to hear it before! :P

Ha ha ha! I thought it was just me! I was banded on 9/12 and even though I am not hungry at all my stomach sure has a lot to say!

I was banded 9/11 and my stomach has been a loud commentator ever since! I'm not hungry and I have no urge to cheat on my liquid diet. It is rather funny. I hope it settles down some before I go back to work next week. That could prove interesting...LOL

I envy you guys. I'm starving. And nothing makes me feel better. Anyone know if a dairy free Protein? I have found out I have a dairy issue

My tummy grumbles and growls, my hubby's tummy grumbles and growls. We look at each other and laugh!

It's like our bands are communicating to each other, and we find it hysterical.

I envy you guys. I'm starving. And nothing makes me feel better. Anyone know if a dairy free Protein? I have found out I have a dairy issue

Try the Unjury unflavored protein. There is also a whey protein that is lactose free.

You can also try lactase tablets to help you out as well as a probiotic. The first couple of weeks of my post op liquid diet I had digestive issues also from dairy and those things helped me.

I was also banded on 9/11- I have a hard time getting in the three Protein Shakes the doctor wants me to have. The doctor told me to do a half a cup of cream of wheat or grits for Breakfast. 1 cup of Protein Shake mid morning. A half of cup of any cream Soup for lunch (strained). A Protein shake for the afternoon. And 4 oz of Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of protein shake mix and a teaspoon of sugar free jelly and then another protein shake in the evening. I feel like I'm constantly eating. Is this pretty similar to everybody else's menu?

I've convinced myself that my stomach growl is the food emptying into the lower part like Water going down the drain or something.

Muscle Milk is lactose free, I don't think I have any that have milk Protein. I use Body Fortress Protein Shots, Muscle Milk and unjury unflavored protein.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches