Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing slow

Had my surgery on July 1 I've had 3 fills I'm at 6cc now I have only lost 14 pounds and that's great but since my last fill I have not lost a pound Getting a little frustrated I'm working out eating right I slipped up one day and had some fried shrimp that was it I don't know if my body thinks it's in starvation mode and I'm not losing but I don't know what to do My friend who had the surgery to an a half years ago tells me to be patient it will come I'm just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong I see people losing 40 pounds a month

haha 40 pounds a month is VERY unrealisitic. Try 5-8 pounds a month in the "green zone". Please remember there is a large percentage of the lapband community that 1)does not post or 2) doesnt even go on this site!!! My doc has performs 100's of surgerys and only 10 of those are registered on this site. I have had 1 fill and I am at 7.6cc and still not where I should be restriction wise. Dont compare and stay off the scale - look for non scale victories like fitting into an old pair of jeans, climbing the steps without loosing breathe. You will mentally destroy yourself if you KEEP checking the scale. And if you still arent losing then reevaluate your food and exercise.

I know I'm trying real hard to stay off the scale As far as the food goes I think I'm doing pretty good but sometimes I do get bored eating the something but It's part of the journey and I want to be successful

I had my surgery on July 18th. As of today I am down 24 pounds. I had my 2nd fill on September 6th and I have 5cc in my band and I feel the same way. I feel like I am not loosing enough. The doctor just gave me the OK to start working out.

I know I'm trying real hard to stay off the scale As far as the food goes I think I'm doing pretty good but sometimes I do get bored eating the something but It's part of the journey and I want to be successful

If you're already bored with the same food only 2 1/2 months out, then you need to re-evaluate what you are eating. People who are bored with their food become non-compliant and make poor food choices.

I'm presuming you are able to eat all foods at this point and are long off the mushies/sof foods that you ate earlier on. If so, you should be able to eat lots of different foods.I know I do. I can eat something different for dinner every night of the week. Same thing goes for Breakfast. lunch, I tened to stick to the same thing...tunafish, hummus, old cuts. I've been banded since mid January and I'm certainly not bored with my meals. shake up the routine a bit dee and I bet you will be as successful as you want to be.

as long as one is losing........(and losing inches counts no matter what scales says)..it shouldnt really matter how fast or how long it takes or how ever many fills one has or doesnt have......its not a race or who can do better or faster

its about getting healthy..

The reason why i say I'm getting bored I'm making healthy decisions But there's just some food now that don't go down very well like chicken Even if it's Moist tuna also I eat eggs hummus lean turkey meat meatballs turkey And cheese And Greek yogurt Lean turkey meat with Laughing cow cheese turkey sausage and Canadian bacon that all I eat day in and day out

Ive been banded since 8/1 i tend to lose the most the first week or so following a fill, but once that restriction leaves the weight comes back.

So im bouncing between 10-12lbs. Lose it/Gain it back yoyo

I hear itll be this way until ive found my green zone so i shld depend on the no carb 4oz meal 3x a day in the meantime.

Just hope its sooner than later.