Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Death or Divorce

I travel often for my job, and now I am starting to visit clients that I met before, but haven't seen me since the surgery. I visited one of those last week.

When I entered the guy's office, he looked at me kind of surprised, then his face turned a little sad. He looked me in the eye and quietly said, "Death or divorce?"

Confused, I asked him what was he talking about.

He said the only time any male friends of his lost this much weight, it was because they were "trolling for new fish". Therefore, his assumption is was I was baiting the hook with some new meat.

I hadn't laughed so hard in a while......

Love it!!!!

OMG love it! That is sooo classic!

That is great! congrats on losing weight without either of them!

Terrific it is good to get noticed. In my case I have never come across your explanation

Normally they ask me if I am sick or dying.

Had people that thought I was sick at first. Found it amusing.

Lol too funny.

Oh that is hysterical. I thought I'd heard them all, but I haven't heard that one yet! :lol:

Funny, but I know several people that the comment would hold true for.

I travel often for my job' date=' and now I am starting to visit clients that I met before, but haven't seen me since the surgery. I visited one of those last week.

When I entered the guy's office, he looked at me kind of surprised, then his face turned a little sad. He looked me in the eye and quietly said, "Death or divorce?"

Confused, I asked him what was he talking about.

He said the only time any male friends of his lost this much weight, it was because they were "trolling for new fish". Therefore, his assumption is was I was baiting the hook with some new meat.

I hadn't laughed so hard in a while......[/quote']

That is really funny, I never thought about it lol.

Love it.... the first time i lost weight was for a divorce from my 1st husband... 35lbs in three months.

At first i told only my husband and kids about LB. It was so hard keeping it from my mom and her sisters (we are very close), one day she said, Chris are you ok, or you sick and not telling me.... i said No why?.... because you have lost so much weight... im worried. So i broke down and told her. Then she was pissed i didn't tell her sooner.... Mom's :D got to love um

so i understand the Death or Divorce.... great laugh.

That's better than having people talk behind your back thinking you are terminally ill with cancer or something....