Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all ! I have been reading forums from Lapbandtalk for a few days now. I am not usually a forum kind of girl but everyone here seems so supportive of each other I had to join ! I just had my second nutrition appt today and have to diet for SIX months before my insurance will approve anything. I am excited to start my journey although dieting in the past hasn't been so successful :/ tonight is my last 'hoorah' of binge eating and will start fresh in the morning. Have any of you had to do the 6 month nutrition appointments or just me? Let me know your thoughts I'm so excited !

Yes, I had to do it too. I wrote all about everything in my blog (listed in my signature). My total pre-qualify journey was 11 months wich sucked but here I am now almsot three months out and so far it has been fantastic and well worth the journey. Sometimes things seem like they are so far away and then you blink and the time has passed. Good luck!!

3 months isn't it crazy how time flies? Has it been as hard as it seems? And are you exercising as much as we're supposed to ? Sorry for all the questions ! I just want to learn as much as I can.

I needed three months of a supervised weight loss plan. My PCP had to submit the documentation along with a letter recommending the surgery. Had to do the psych and cardiac stuff....including a stress test and echocardiogram. I started this journey last summer, got all my requirements in and surgery planned in October and then superstorm Sandy hit and the hospital was shut down for three months. I finally had the surgery in January and have been doing very well. 64 lbs. down with no fills. You will get through these next few months...and might even have some setbacks like I did. A hurricane....who would have thought it?? But it's true....you will soon enough find yourself having the surgery and on your way to a healthier you. Good luck!

Welcome, I did not have to do anything except my cardiac clearance,ultrasound,Psych eval, and nutritionist consult. It would have all been done in about a month,but I ran into a snag with my cardiac clearance almost did not get banded. Because of that it took about 5 mths and then another month for me to finish out school for the semester. . Good luck, It does seem to go by in a blink I just got banded Tuesday it went by fast looking back.

~~~Stephanie

Gowalking- just out of curiosity where did you get your band? I was hit with sandy too so we must be in the same area. Congrats on the weight loss !!

Good luck!! This page has been amazingly helpful to me and my journey I hope you have the same luck with it.

Gowalking- just out of curiosity where did you get your band? I was hit with sandy too so we must be in the same area. Congrats on the weight loss !!

Hi skinnybound. I was banded at NYU in Manhattan. Are you from the tri-state area?

Hi skinnybound. I was banded at NYU in Manhattan. Are you from the tri-state area?

Yes but I'm getting banded in jersey. I heard NYU was awesome though !

Skinnyboundsky - I'm in Northern NJ ( Morris county) I'm getting banded Tuesday.

I had to do the 6 months, but between fourth/fifth month- scheduled surgery an time flies. Who is your surgeon?

I am so excited, I can't wait!

Yes but I'm getting banded in jersey. I heard NYU was awesome though !

My PCP is affiliated with NYU and she recommended them. So did a friend. Your govenor, Mr. Christie, used them. He had Dr. Fielding, I had his wife...Ren-Fielding.

I had to do the 6 months' date=' but between fourth/fifth month- scheduled surgery an time flies. Who is your surgeon?

I am so excited, I can't wait![/quote']

My surgeon is dr Karl strom. I'm really hoping for either October or even September. Who's your surgeon ?

I went to high school with Christie ... My surgeon is Dr. Michael Nusbaum. Excellent surgeon. I have total confidence in him. He performed lap band surgey on Lisa Valastro & Mauro Castano from the TLC show, Cake Boss. They are doing great. It's really about the commitment. Praying I have the strength :)