Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are a year out... How is everyone doing?

I am down 56 pounds, so slowly, but I am happy. From September to March, I didn't lose anything, while I battled with some other issues (needing orthopaedic surgery on my hand), but I also didn't gain anything, which is a victory in it's self :)

slow and steady wins the race!

give yourself a pat on the back, cuz that's 56 lbs you'll never worry about again!

Yep! I know that I can easily maintain my weight, while listening to my hunger cues, and eating smaller portions of pretty much whatever I want. That's a huge victory, compared to before surgery :D

I've lost 42 lbs I've lost more than I still need to lose. It's a slow process but its working. I haven't been under 200 lbs for over 11 years. I couldn't have done it without the band. I love my tool :)

My surgery was April 2,2012. My last fill was September 27,2012. I have lost 87 pounds. But the past few weeks I'm battling allergies. At least 3 nights a week, I wake up with reflux. I ate at 7:30 and went to bed at midnight. I notice that when I try to drink something I will get the hiccups. Then about 2-3 am I wake up with burping and chest pains. Sometimes I can take some tums but I have to wait at least an hour before I can go back to laying down. Is this normal and should I call the dr?

As of today I am down 60 lbs and feeling wonderful! I am in the green zone and the weight is going away. I have amped my walking up to between 4and 6 miles a day. I am happy to say I am happy!

I'm down 58 lbs as today. Do I wish it was more YES but I'm still happy what I've lost so far.

I'm down 58 lbs as today. Do I wish it was more YES but I'm still happy what I've lost so far.

I'm at 70lb down now since being banded

I had my surgery April 10 2012 and have lost 75 lbs. I have not seen a doctor for the last year because we moved to AZ. How often do you need to be seen when you are this far out if surgery?