Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

Those of you who are weighing every day are only making it harder on yourselves. Your body will go through a wide range of ups and downs over a week's time. Try to get in the habit of only weighing once a week. It really helps not to see the fluctuations.

Those of who are drinking more than a gallon of water... I'm seriously thinking that's not good for you. Too much Water washes the sodium out of your body, causing hyponatraemia - a condition that, while uncommon, can be fatal. Initial symptoms of over-hydration include dizziness, nausea, apathy and confusion. However these symptoms are also associated with dehydration - so it's important to be aware of how much you are drinking.

Based on the studies I have been reading, a 350 pound person should be drinking 1 gallon of water per day. There is a forumla that seems to be shared by most of the online health magazines - 64oz PLUS 8oz per 25 pounds of excess weight.

If you are exercising and sweating a lot, be sure to drink salted sports drinks rather than just water. Drinking mad amounts of water during long hard workouts can be very dangerous.

:help: I am new to this site. Just joined last night. I am scheduled for LB surgery in Mexico in June. My current weight is 243, already lost 14 since deciding to have surgery. I feel more hopeful than I have ever felt about losing the weight for good! I love the name of your club...how do I join?

tell us some about yourself and consider yourself part of the group! Welcome to LBT and to Gone for Good Clanton!! Glad to have you here! Where are you going in Mexico for your surgery? I, too, am going to Mexico and amy extremely excited!

Pnut, I agree that I think the 2 gallons is a bit overboard. I really did notice that I actually started to feel THIRSTIER the more I drank. Today I backed off to a gallon. I know I need that much, but I think more than that is just overkill. I know one thing though...doing 2 gallons a day for last week really cleared my body out!! My skin is clear, and soft, and my sinuses actually feel really good (they have been bothering me lately) I think I needed that burst of Water, but I am sticking to about a gallon to a gallon and a half a day for now.

:welcomeB: to the Gone for Good Club, Clanton! :clap2:

As Funny said, tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you. I'll add you to the Members Page once I have some info on you. Have a look at the first page of this thread. You'll find out what this club does and see what info the others have given me to put after their names on the Members page. Again, welcome to the club.

Y'all may not hear from me much but I AM HERE! I read every day and know what everyone has going on, i'm just not being vocal and I appolgize for not being a good team-member. Life will settle down eventually and I will be more social I promise!

FYI I pulled my scorecard for this go round.....

Things have been NUTS here this last week and I realized I had not kept anything resembling a record of what I had going on. The next 10 days are going to be just about as bad and it is just one more thing for me to stress about. I SOOO don't need that!

BUT...I'm journaling my food and moving my ever shrinking hinney every chance I can get. The scale hasn't moved recently but I'm getting muscle in place of fat so i'm not complaining. I was wearing capris today and hubby came behind me grabbed the sagging butt because they are way to big and said "seriously, after today these get tossed" hehe...my hubby is making me throw away my SMALL capris from last summer because they are so big I look like a toddler with a load in her diaper! WOOHOO!

OH YEAH...a girlfriend of mine has started her road to lap-bandom and is lurking around in the shadows. I have invited her to join us, so if Tazwife shows up she is a sweetheart that I just adore and would be a great addition to our already cool group!

Skye

OK so my period is still not here...my roomate at the hospital who also had lap band surgery had hers ever since we had surgery and I have had none. The doctor told her it was just hormones. Did anyone else experience this? I know I am not pregnant....so that is not the problem!

NJGirl, I just got mine back. I was banded on Jan 9th. I've read that it's very normal for surgery to mess up your cycle for a while. It's also a fact that hormones are stored in fat cells, and as we lose weight those hormones are released into our bodies resulting in a variety of odd events such as moodiness, pimples, and hmmm... I wonder if that also relates to the hairloss that some experience?

Anyway, I'm sure you're fine and will get back on track before long. And after my most recent experience with it... be happy you're getting a break!

:wave: Heya Skye! Thanks for the update, kiddo, and don't worry about the scorecard. I agree, the last thing you need right now is more to worry about. You're still in my prayers. *hugs*

Oh, and I'll be keeping an eye out for your lurking friend. :)

Thanks PhotoNut! My husband was actually more worried than I (HA HA). For now I will just enjoy!

HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Ladies!!!

and can someone please tell me what a Pager Message is? and why when I click on it and the box opens that NOTHING is there??? I'm so confused.......

Ok, I just had to share this with ya'll. I had the most embarrasing sliming episode tonight at dinner.

My fiance and I went to La Madelines for dinner, I ordered rotisserie chicken. Fiance got a salad, and out of habit I picked out a few croutons from his salad. A minute later I wanted to DIE. I was hurting soo bad. I drank a sip of Water trying to get the crouton to go down, but it just kept hurting. Then I started to slime and then the Water came back up, all over me and the floor. I wanted to die. Probably TMI, but anyway. That was my embarrasing night.

Hope ya'll all had a wonderful mother's day. I'm finally finished with finals and headed home to visit my mom for a week, so I'll be kinda scarce in posting, but I'll be sure to check in on everyone!! Hope ya'll have a great week!

:) Kristin

I posted the following in the "Weekend Weight Loss" thread and wanted to share with everyone here as well.

Rather than losing weight this past week/weekend, I gained. I'm back up to 200 (or 201 depending upon the time of day) and a little disappointed. I've noticed that my restriction is all but gone because I'm eating more and more often. I'm not changing my ticker to reflect a gain though....ugh.

I've made a Tuesday afternoon appt. for a fill. I want to be under 200 again and on the losing side. Hopefully this will kickstart things again.

Please wish me luck?!?!

Great job to those who lost weight!!

Hi Everyone!! Lots of good things happening here!! GREAT JOB!! High 5!! Tricia, I am right there with you on the borderline of 199 -200. I don't want to see that 2 number again!! I hope this new fill works for you!!

I'm not sure what I should do with my fills. I had a pefect fill for a month & then had my obstruction & haven't found a good fill yet. I get so tight & can't eat :speechles & then when I get a little bit taken out it's like I can eat everything!! It's Mother's Day today & I wasn't able to eat the wonderful dinner my husband made for us. :nono: I have been on liquids ever since I had my period last week & it never went back to normal. STRANGE!! I feel like I am being strangled inside. Nothing hurts - it's just uncomfortable!! I am very, very tired of Protein shakes.

I am going in tomorrow to get a small unfill & I am crossing my fingers that it will be the perfect restriction. PLEASE!! PLEASE!! I just want to eat real foods again, but feel restricted so I don' overeat. I'm only at a 2.0. My perfect restriction previously was a 2.7. Not sure why it keeps changing? Anyone have this? Am I just weird or what?!?!

Tricia, we both get adjustments tomorrow!! I'm crossing my fingers & toes that these will work for us!! GOOD LUCK!!!! :)

Hello my friends. I'm going in to see my Dr on Tuesday, and I'm struggling so much with the idea of getting more fill. I'm getting hungry about every 2-3 hours now and I know I can eat a lot more than I should - I'm just controling myself with will power. I have gone from eating between 800 and 1,000 calories per day up to 1,100 to 1,300.

Now I know that for this tool to work properly it has to be used properly which means the right amount of restriction. But I'm so stinking scared of going through what you're going through, Diane. Being too tight causes problems, and I swear - things are going so well I'll just lose my mind if I do something stupid and cost myself this band. Someone tell me to stop obssessing over this and get that stupid fill. *sighs*

Stop obsessing over this and go get that stupd fill!!! *grins*

Actually, if you are able to do this on will power alone, more power to ya!! I am very amazed & impressed if you can!!

Getting filled & unfilled isn't any fun. It's also expensive. However, I need it!! If I don't have the proper restriction, I don't lose weight!! It's taken me 10 months to lose the same 60 lbs. you lost in 6 months! You are doing so well P'nut!! I would be asking myself the same questions if I were you. I feel like the more I mess with my band, the more likely I am to have a slip, erosion.....ect. I'm sure it's just in my head.

Well, I don't think I've been any help!! But, at leas you know I feel for ya. *hugs*