Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Completely Off Track!

Hello Banders, I am reaching out to this group for encouragement and motivation. I've completely fell off track *sigh* The good news is I haven't gained any since being band but I should be much further than what I am today. When I started this journey I was weighing 310lbs. The lowest I've been was 250lbs. Currently I am 265lbs which is a 15lb gain. I know I can do better but I've lost the basic fundamentals of this process. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated

I totally understand and have been there. First you have to let go of any guilt about being of track. It will only weigh you down. Get your guidelines from doctor if you do not have them and follow exactly what they say to do. Start measuring and tracking everything. Drink lots of Water. Spend time on forum and even the chat room. We will support you. I have been back on track since end of October and lost about 50 lbs 95.2 total. I am proof you can do it but you have to start and not look back. If you need some recipes or snack ideas you can friend me on Facebook and I will add you to my recipe group. Fb name is hely lb anyone is welcome. If you are looking for specific recipes I will help you find them just email me. Remember let go of guilt and move forward. We have got your back !!!

Trust me, you are not along in this journey. I don't believe I have completely fell off the band wagon but I'm close. I have seen my surgeon in over a year due to switch of jobs and my insurance does not cover obesity which really sucks. I have never been in the green zone which is very much needed. I had my lap band surgery on 5/17/11 and my weight was 334. I have lost 85 pounds. Now, my weight is 249. I have only had my band fill twice. I believe I have 4 cc or a little less in my band. I finally made an appt for 5/04/13 to see the surgeon for a fill. I hate that my insurance will not cover the appts because I really don't have $90 to come out of pocket but I need one so bad. I do watch what I eat the majority of time but sometimes I overeat or eat too much throughout the day. I believe the only thing that keeps me going is that I go to they gym 3 to 4 times a week. I feel your pain. I'm back on here because I need support too.

At Missy I was banded July 2011 which is a disappointment to myself because I know that I am the only one in control of this life changing challenge. I have re-committed myself in hope for better success over this next year.

Thank you Hely 88 and Arzel ... to know that there is support out there gives me that boost I need to get this done.

The fact that you are on here posting shows that you're willing to do what you need to do to get on track. I think you can try to get back to the basics and see your doc. Also, maybe meet w/ a nutritionist? Good luck!!

Hi there I've not been on this site in quite some time.. Apologies... I was doing fabulously. I'm nearly 8 months post surgery and 130 lb down. From 350 -220. But all of a sudden I'm really struggling and miserable. I love being thinner healthier fitter but I can't stop eating junk. Crisps chocolate peanuts. I'm only 40 ish lbs from goal but my weight is going up slightly then down never under 220????. I'm not actually hungry it's all in my head but I just can't silence it. I'm booked for a TT and breast lift later this year and that doesn't feel like enough of a motivator. I work out 6 days a week in the gym for at least 90 minutes. So luckily my night time binging hasn't reflected too seriously on the scales. Your so not alone in this. My band is pretty full too so that's not my reason at all.. Even though my portion sizes are pretty large even now. I vowed to take one day at a time junk free through march and hope to start losing again. Try drinking more too.

Hi!!

Not only am i off track, i have totally derailed !! I am so mad at myself right now. But the first thing i have done to get back is i have made an appt with my doctor and therapist....

I need to talk this out and probably need a fill. It will be my third.

So lets do this...... hang in there.......