Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for 2004 Banders who are struggling!?

I got my band in 2004, and lost 50 lbs and kept that off, but REALLY need to lose another 50 lbs. I got complacent. With the band, I would just never know WHEN I would have a bad experience with food, so I stayed with what I knew was ok. Believe it or not frozen pizza was (is) the mainstay of my diet! I could eat anything crunchy so crackers and Cookies were always a good bet! Potato chips and torrtia chips were ok also! However, I started getting GERD. Bad. Then my brother died very suddenly (6 weeks) from esphogal (sp?) cancer. Scared me! I had an endoscopy to be on safe side. It showed Barrett's esophagus! Which are bad tissues that COULD eventually turn into cancer cells. So I decided to have my band totally emptied - get my body well, and then start over SLOWLY -smartly, and listening! So I am going to go another month with no fill, start walking, (since I NEVER exercise) and start over with as much enthusiasm as when I started this journey.

I bring up GERD, for you to be very aware that left untreated it is very dangerous.

Need to exchange ideas and encouragement with others!

Howdy:

good to hear you are on top of a management plan for your situation....

I've had 'issues' now & then I've discussed here before but no GERD.

Had multiple barium studies, band placement studies & endoscopy for recurring slimes/PBs/kak up something that didn't fit.

All that was resolved when reducing fill. My best point was around 1.6/4cc band. 1.7 always gave the 'too tight' scenario. Have been somewhat deflated to around 1cc the last 8 months, with almost zero BP issues.

Of course, I've managed to eat more and have gained a few pounds.

Amazing how easy the Old Bad Habits of "Sport Eating" return.....although I have yet to return to my old habits....so SOME Good Habits remain.

"Only the Game Fish swims upstream"

cheers on your NEW journey.

thanks for the info, good luck!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.

I also feel like I'm starting over with my band (2005 surgery) so hope we can give each other support.

Julie

been a while since I've visited here, any body home???

Hi jack. Yes I am hear, but just retread my January post, and except for a small fill nothing has changed, except I have gained weight, have not walked and am thoroughly disgusted.

always search for updates, guess the Old Bandsters have gone on to some other project!

I'm still here, jack. Just finished my 9th year... I'm a 2006 bander... But I agree, not many of us left here...

The sleeve is the new standard I guess.

Glad to be healthy and happy for 2016????