Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Lapband Member with PCOS

Hello,

My name is Ashley.I was diasgnosed with PCOS in 2008 when my finace (at the time) and I couldnt get pregnant. I was really tore up abou it and my fiance left me because of it. I went into a deep depression in which I used food as my escape. Finally in December 2012 I decided enough was enough and started looking for help. I found myself using my PCOS as an excuse as to why I will always be fat and gave up on that notion and decided I didnt want to be this way anymore. I was banded on March 26, 2013. I am 29 years old and have yo-yoed all my life so after alot of research I decided the band was for me. When I first went for consultation I was 311 lbs with a BMI of 56.9. The doctor told me I had to get down to 255 lbs before surgey. I did Optifast for 4 weeks and exercised very strictly and weighed in at 253 the day of my surgery. As of today I have lost 60 lbs even and Im very proud of myself. Its been hard work but I was expecting that. My surgery went smoothly and the incisions arent too bad at all. The only thing bothering me is the severe chest pressure and what I assume is heart burn. The pressure is starting to subside now so Im happy. I ate my first meal today (other than broth) and that went well. Half a bowl of Soup really fills you up. The other site i signed up for is really quiet so I was happy to find this site so I can learn more valuable information. Anyways happy to be here, hope to learn lots from the lap band veterans.

Ashley

post-205842-1381313484465_thumb.jpg

post-350374-13813141357574_thumb.jpg

Hi Ashely! I am 28, I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed when I was 18. I have been on a diet my whole life it seems lol. I had my sx on 3/1/13 and have never been happier. Down a total of 15 lbs so far. Most I've ever lost in a month before this was 5 lbs so I feel like this will be the tool I needed so long ago.

That's awesome. Thanks for the positive boost. Week 2 has been really rough on me so I'm hoping next week will be better. I haven't lost any weight since being banded but my nurse said that is probably from not having enough calories and the reduced activity. Thanks for the reply :)

I am also newly banded and was diagnosed with PCOS in my early thirties! My doctor is pretty aggressive with me... After my surgery on July 24 ... He gave me a fill Tuesday at 2 weeks post op! With 3 cc's in my band I feel restricted bit haven't hit my green zone yet... So I am focusing on my Proteins and trying to omit the sugar from my diet! I love yogurt and fresh fruit ... so that has proved a bit challenging for me! Good luck ladies in your journey!

Welcome to the family, no one has ever called this place quiet. ;)

I also have PCOS and have gained 60 lbs in the last 7 years. I was starting to feel ashamed and frustrated about the whole thing. I was banded on 8/1/13 and have lost 16lbs and am on the road to losing. I have my first fill in 2 weeks and am excited for that so I can start eating real foods.