Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI 33, surgery scheduled for Wed, March 27

My BMI is 33 and I am scheduled for surgery on Wed, March 27. I am excited and a bit scared.

I have been doing the 10 day pre op diet and its been hell. I can have 16 oz of Protein Shakes, 16 oz of milk (not including the amount I can use for the shakes) or Gatorade, and unlimited broth, sf Popsicles, and sf Jello. Plus other no calorie liquids. I haven't had soda or caffeine since I started. I've lost about 5 lbs, from 195 lbs to 190. I've cheated a few times, nothing terrible, but I am so hungry. I tried exercising a few times but was starving after so I didn't do that again. I feel like this pre op diet is like hazing or torture. I have never been this hungry in my life and everyday I hit a new high of hunger. I also miss going to restaurants, I haven't been able to do that except once in the 10 days. People eating in front of me hasn't bothered me too much.

Anyway, enough complaining :)

I am a little scared of surgery because it will be my first one. I hope I feel ok enough to get up and move around and walk the few days after surgery. I am off for 5 days after surgery, so I hope I am good to go back after that.

I am a self-pay, so it was a huge decision but everyone has been so supportive. Ready for the next chapter in my life!

Good for you! You seem to have your head in the game and ready to go! I feel for you regarding pre-op. I am on day #5- 3 Protein Drinks and low glycemic veggies only. I also tossed the exercise out the window..I am too tired just going to work and chores around the house. Also being a self-pay, that is a huge motivator. Never in my life have I spent so much money on myself or my health! I wish you nothing but the best for tomorrow. Keep us posted!!

Boy our stories sound similar. I was low BMI starting out (30 BMI and 27 by the day of the surgery). Also self pay...

I had 14 day pre-op liquid and it was the worst 14 days of my life. Slept a ton and also stopped exercising because it drove my hunger to new levels.

So far I think it's by far the best money I ever spent and am happy.

Hang in there. You will be on the other side before you know it!

My BMI is 33 and I am scheduled for surgery on Wed, March 27. I am excited and a bit scared.

I have been doing the 10 day pre op diet and its been hell. I can have 16 oz of Protein shakes, 16 oz of milk (not including the amount I can use for the shakes) or Gatorade, and unlimited broth, sf Popsicles, and sf Jello. Plus other no calorie liquids. I haven't had soda or caffeine since I started. I've lost about 5 lbs, from 195 lbs to 190. I've cheated a few times, nothing terrible, but I am so hungry. I tried exercising a few times but was starving after so I didn't do that again. I feel like this pre op diet is like hazing or torture. I have never been this hungry in my life and everyday I hit a new high of hunger. I also miss going to restaurants, I haven't been able to do that except once in the 10 days. People eating in front of me hasn't bothered me too much.

Anyway, enough complaining :)

I am a little scared of surgery because it will be my first one. I hope I feel ok enough to get up and move around and walk the few days after surgery. I am off for 5 days after surgery, so I hope I am good to go back after that.

I am a self-pay, so it was a huge decision but everyone has been so supportive. Ready for the next chapter in my life!

Good luck tomorrow! I'm so happy for you...Let us know how was going with the post op process...I'm a low bander too but I'm at the beginning of the process.....!

Everything went well with surgery, thank you all for your positive notes.

I was in and out in about 6 hours. I had about an hour and a half ride home but I kinda napped a little and even let my mom run a quick errand in the way home while I stayed in the car. I walked around while we waited for my meds. I wasn't hungry yesterday but tried to rehydrate myself and ate 2 Popsicles for my throat (sore from the tube).

The worst pain has been my sternum and upper back, I think from the gas and moving my diaphragm around. It's not unbearable. My stomach doesn't hurt much, only when I get up or lie down. I slept ok, but only about 2-3 hrs at a time.

I am going to try to eat some yogurt or pudding around noon, as instructed by my dietician.

Thanks for your positive thoughts. I am glad I am on this journey and excited for the future.

So glad to hear you are doing well!

Great !