Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Solids Stage Recipes

6 slices of country kitchen bread (210 calories)

1 cup of egg beaters (120)

1 cup of skim milk (100)

3/4 cup of splenda

1 can of no sugar added apple pie filling (210)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven at 350

Use 8 x 8 pan or similar sprayed with pam.

Tear bread into small cubes and place in pan

Mix everything else in a bowl

Pour mixture of bread

Bake for about 30 minutes

Makes 6 generous servings for a little more than 100 calories each!!

Nice worm winter comfort food!

Trystelle

Wow Trystelle, bread pudding my favorite! I am so going to have to try that!

Spinach Omelette

1/2 Cup Egg Beaters

1/2 cup canned spinach

5 raw mushrooms

1/4 Cup canned chicken breast

2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Stir everything but parmesan cheese, fry in pan with non-stick spray, throw cheese on. Eat.

I think this is a fantastic meal, and because I eat about 1/2 cup 5 or 6 times a day, this omelette can last me 2-3 meals.

And according to my calorie tracker, it is under 300 calories.

Let me rephrase :) I am seriously considering getting banded, but am "dirt po". I figure that while I scrape up the money to get the band, I will try to eat as if I already have one. How much do I eat and how often? (Should I post this someplace else?) Thanks!

Let me rephrase :thumbup: I am seriously considering getting banded, but am "dirt po". I figure that while I scrape up the money to get the band, I will try to eat as if I already have one. How much do I eat and how often? (Should I post this someplace else?) Thanks!

The most important thing to remember is...Portion Control. Try to keep your meals very simple and low in cals. Try eating 3 oz.of meat, and steamed vegt.

Watch your carbs. and sugar. Be careful of fruit juices, they have a lot of sugar in them. I also count my cals. totals.Try to keep them between 1000 - 800 a day.

Even with having a lapband, its still work to get the weight off. You still have to eat right.

I hope this helps you.:biggrin:

Salmon Patties

6 oz can bumble bee canned salmon (this brand has no skin or bones)

drained

1 egg

2-3 Tbsp bread crumbs

s & p

form into 4 patties and cook in non-stick cooking spray a few minutes on each side.

Really yummy with mustard on top!

Lots of Protein and low in cals

One of my favorite meals or even a snack

If you add some grated ginger, garlic & chopped cilantro to this, you've got a really tasty treat -- sometimes a I kick it up a couple of notches by adding 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (a little bit goes a long way), 1 tsp sesame seeds and some Oriental hot (chili-garlic) sauce! Yum -- even my husband, who doesn't like fish, will eat these!

I've been banded since October and I don't have any trouble eating salad as long as it's cut into small pieces or the shredded lettuce and I chew it up. Not much Protein in a salad unless you add chicken or turkey so I really haven't missed them much.

Do any of you have a problem eating salad at this stage. That's what I really miss is salad. I have two more days until solid food?

I am four weeks post op, and I can eat salad. I just make a small one with mixed greens, red cabbage, carrot slivers (I am lazy--the mixed greens come in a bag--I just add other stuff to it), and I add some bacon bits (Hormel reduced fat--comes in a bag ready to sprinkle--costco sells a large size bag), grape tomatoes, some fat free feta cheese, and low fat Parmeson Peppercorn dressing. No croutons, though. That combo went down just fine. Tried bread over the weekend, and not quite ready for that. I am still working on chewing thoroughly. I started on solids on 4/22.

Ingredients

900g (2lb) lamb chops - all fat trimmed (approx 6 largish chops)

*1 x 540g jar Pataks Rogan Josh simmer sauce

1 large brown onion

1 medium potato

2 small carrots

2 medium tomatoes

1 tsp crushed garlic (from a jar is ok :rolleyes:)

1 tsp crushed coriander (from a jar is ok :tt1:)

Method

Brown the chops in a non-stick pan or wok. Add garlic & coriander Dice onions, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes and add to pan. (If you dice and add each vege in the order given, the timing works well). Add jar of Rogan Josh sauce + half a jar of Water (use RJ jar and shake to get all the extra sauce). Cover and simmer for 1 - 1.5 hours.

Serve with Jasmine rice and green Beans.

Makes enough for 6 child/bandster sized portions or 2 adults/2 kids.

Nutrional Value per serve (assuming 6 serves, ie 1 chop + 1/2 cup veges/sauce)

321 calories, 13g fat, 13g carb, 34g Protein

* I counted the calories, etc, using the Patak brand sauce but noticed that other brands had quite different calorie/fat numbers, so the numbers above are only correct when using that brand.

Edited by Fanny Adams

I was trying to replicate the item on PF Chang's menu with the same name, but without all the fat and calories -- I made it and it is really good and satisfying!

• 3 oz cooked chicken fillet
  • 1 serving(s) Powdered Peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup celery
  • 2 tsp House of Tsang Hoisin Sauce
  • 2 tsp A Taste of Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds (toasted, if you prefer)
  • 1 Tbsp ginger root
  • 1/4 cup Dole Green Onions
  • 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
  • 1 cup bean sprouts (sprinkled on top for more crunch)

Mix all the ingredients together, except for the bean sprouts, then serve in iceberg lettuce cups, top with bean sprouts...yummy and only 5.5 points on Weight Watchers! (or roughly about 275 calories)

You can also add Water chestnuts, if you want more crunch and to fill it out a little. Yummy! :leaving:

I loooove this recipe:

2 tablespoons olive oil

3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1/16 tsp pepper

1/16 tsp salt

2 cloves garlic, crushed (about 1 1/2 tsp)

2 tsp sugar free honey (I get it at Walmart)

1 tsp Trappey's Bull Louisiana Hot Sauce (similar to tobasco sauce)

Place all in a jar and SHAKE!

Don't drown your salad because a little bit goes a long way.

If you like the sweet/hot flavors...I also mix some of the tobasco hot sauce w/the sugar free honey and I use it as a dip for my chicken. :)

I saw these last night at Sam's (eastern version of Costco) and wondered if they were good. I'll definitely try them. I'm extremely tired of tuna and chicken breast!! Thanks!

The only not-so-healthy parts are the butter and biscuits, but there's not much of either per serving...

STP82476.jpg

STP82480.jpg

Crust

1 box of refrigerated pie crusts

~OR~

1 can of refrigerated biscuits (the flaky layers kind are my favorite)

Filling

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 quart chicken broth

1/2 an extra cube of chicken boullion (optional)

3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey

1 1lb bag of frozen mixed veggies (I like the corn/carrots/green beans/peas combo the best. Birds Eye is the only brand I can find where that mix doesn't come with lima Beans)

Directions

1. Heat oven to 425°F. If using pie crust, place one piece of crust in bottom of a glass baking dish and bake for 10 minutes to cook

2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. When it's completely melted, stir or whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Turn it down to low and just keep stirring frequently until it starts to smell like pie crust. That smell is how you know that the flour has cooked out.

3. Stir in broth a little at a time to start until you have a liquidy, lump-free base (starting with cold chicken broth helps prevent lumps, but it's not required). Add the rest of the broth and cook on med-low heat, stirring frequently until bubbly and thickened. Once it comes to a boil, that's as thick as it's going to get.

If you woud like to make your sauce extra-flavorful, then this is where you would mix in the extra boullion cube. It will just add a slightly stronger chicken flavor to the whole dish. It's best to microwave a few tablespoons of Water in a little dish and dissolve the boullion in that first, then mix that into the big pot of chicken broth, to make sure you don't end up with a big un-desolved clump in your pot pie somewhere.

4. Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables (adding them while still frozen is fine). Remove from heat.

5. If using pie crust, spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust, seal edge. Cut slits in several places in top crust. If using biscuits, spoon chicken mixture into a greased baking dish.

If using biscuits, open the can of biscuts, cut each in quarters, and arrange on top of mixture as shown in picture above.

6. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust or biscuits are golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge or top of biscuits with foil to prevent excessive browning.

7. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Now that's just one big giant bowl of YUM.

This can be easily frozen in individual portions for future meals. It reheats better in the oven on 400 than in the microwave.

Edited by SeattleSweetie
Forgot to include the extra boullion option.