Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Solids Stage Recipes

4 skinless boneless chicken breast

1/4 cup soy sauce (light)

1 small piece ginger

3 to 4 pinches sea salt

1 hour before

In a tupperware bowl - sprinkle salt and soy sauce over chicken. Cut the ginger into small slices (they don't have to be to small) and place over chicken. Cover and put in the fridge. (I usually do this in the morning before I leave for work, and when I come home its all ready to be cooked)

When ready to cook discard ginger and soy sauce mixture and grill chicken on a grill pan (Tefal makes a nice one it has little ridges on it, looks like a regular fry pan but has ridges to grill the meat) or on a grill, or bake in the oven.

Goes well with a ginger salad and white rice.

Serves 4

4 boneless skinless chicken breast

1 can ready made spaghetti sauce (low fat low salt)

1 cut shredded mozzarella cheese

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

3 to 4 pinches sea salt

Salt the chicken. In a separate bowl mix spaghetti sauce with Parmesan cheese. Use a glass baking bowl and put the chicken in mixed with the spaghetti sauce. Bake at 400 - 420 in the over 20 to 30 min. Remove and sprinkle on mozzarella. Leave in another 5 min and then remove.

Boil some plain spaghetti with this (add a bit of sea salt to the boiling water) and there is usually some sauce left on the chicken pan that you can spoon over the spaghetti.

Serves 4

*my husbands favorite!

chicken Adobo

2 lbs. chicken cut up

1/2 tsp. garlic, mashed

1/4 cup soy sauce

salt, pepper & accent to taste

1 medium onion cut into cubes

2 Tbls. vinegar

1 cup Water

Mix all ingredients together. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 1 hour. Serve over rice.

-Jessiebear

4 medium beef steaks (or 1 per person eating) thin cuts

2 to 3 pinces of sea salt (or meat tenderizer)

1 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce.

Put steaks in a Pyrex dish and pierce several times with a fork. Add salt and pepper and douse with sauce.

Bake in the oven at 400º for 30 min.

It usually leaves a nice aujuice sauce so the meat is tender and not dry. Don't over bake! Sauce can be spooned over rice or Pasta or potatoes.

(you could also vary this by using ginger and soy sauce instead of worcestershire sauce for an Asian flair)

By accident I overheated my corn tortilla. I broke off a piece and voilla! a baked tortilla chip.

1 Corn Tortilla (Mission lo fat)

Microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't overbrown.

Allow to cool and break into "baked" tortilla chips

Spray with no cal butter spray and season to taste before microwaving if you like.

Made a great "cracker" for my mexican salad (lettuce, 1/4 C refried Beans, 1 T lite sour cream, pinch of shredded cheese and salsa). I think I found a new lunch:hungry: :hungry:

Where have I been? I'll bet lots of people know this trick!!!

http://store.bariatriceating.com/featuredrecipe.html

I was on one of these threads and I can't remember wich one but they suggested a book called:

Before & After: Living & Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery

By: Susan Maria Leach

You can buy it on line in many different places. But after doing some online research I found some of her recipes online.

If you go to the address listed above you will find them.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

These are yummy cheesy pancakes with bits of onion. Tastes a lot like a potatoe pancake but healthier. These are addicting, in a good way. Good way to get more Protein in.

1 small onion diced finely

1 teaspoon butter - softened

1 egg

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese

2 tablespoons flour

salt & pepper (to your liking)

non-stick cooking spray

In a bowl, beat the egg; blend in the onion, butter, cottage cheese, flour and salt and pepper. Mix well. Heat a non-stick skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. place 4 one-tablespoon scoops of batter in pan, spreading into rounds with spoon. (The original recipe calls for four 1/4 cup scoops but I found them too big and they wouldn't set for me) Cook over medium heat until set, flip and cook until lightly browned. Good served with a dab of low-fat sour cream.

Original recipe of 1/4 cup scoops makes 6 five-inch pancakes that serves 2 and each serving has 135 calories, 6g fat, 4g carbs, 10g Protein

:hungry:

Hi Everyone....I was excited to see there is a book out there called before and after bariatric surgery. I just ordered it and can't wait to read it! I also went to the website which was so informative.Thanks for sharing this information Ubermom1! If anyone has any good ideas how to get over a plateau please write me and let me know! I had to cut down my exercise to almost nothing since end of July and feeling the effects from it. I just started again exercising but still have a long ways to go from what I was doing. Need a jumpstart to get my metabolism going again. Look forward to any suggestions!

Thanks for listening!

Wishing everyone a continued happy and healthy journey!

Jan421

Banded Dec. 21, 2005

Lost 54lbs since surgery

Kept off 40lbs before surgery

Total 94lbs down in all.

Clothes size before lap band : 30/28

Clothes size after lap band: 18/20

My goal is to get to a size 10/12.

One Day At A Time!

Here are several ideas for homemade dressings. Buy a packet of Good Seasons Italian or any flavor packet with one of their mixing cruets. Where the recipe says to put Water to the water, instead put oil to the water line and where it says to put oil to the oil line put water. In other words just switch the amounts for the water and oil. It is very tasty and cuts most of the calories. Also, you can get the Ranch dressing packets from Hidden Valley and use non-fat or low fat mayo and non-fat or 1 % milk. These are much better tasting than the low-fat bottled products. You can also make low-fat French dressing by adding a little ketchup to low-fat or non-fat mayo. If you add a little sweet pick;e relish you have thousand island dressing. Hope this helps.

French-Style Stuffed eggs

If you plan to dye Easter eggs, cook extras for this dish. Stuffed eggs are often served warm in France, and this recipe is similar to one from the Périgord region.

8 large eggs

1/3 cup minced reduced-fat ham

1 tablespoon minced green onions

1 tablespoon minced parsley

1 tablespoon low-fat Mayonnaise

1 teaspoon mustard

1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 (1-ounce) slices white bread, torn into large pieces

Cooking spray

Fresh thyme leaves (optional)

Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with Water to 1 inch above eggs; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running Water until cool.

Peel eggs; slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; discard 4 yolks. Place remaining 4 yolks in a medium bowl. Add ham and next 7 ingredients (through pepper); stir until combined.

Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup.

Spoon about 1 teaspoon yolk mixture into each egg white half. Top each half with 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs. Coat breadcrumbs with cooking spray.

Preheat broiler.

Place eggs on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until breadcrumbs are toasted. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 egg half)

NUTRITION PER SERVING

CALORIES 38(38% from fat); FAT 1.6g (sat 0.5g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.2g); Protein 3.3g; CHOLESTEROL 54mg; Calcium 14mg; SODIUM 127mg; Fiber 0.1g; Iron 0.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 2.3g

Source: Cooking Light

Salmon Patties

6 oz can bumble bee canned salmon (this brand has no skin or bones)

drained

1 egg

2-3 Tbsp bread crumbs

s & p

form into 4 patties and cook in non-stick cooking spray a few minutes on each side.

Really yummy with mustard on top!

Lots of Protein and low in cals

One of my favorite meals or even a snack