Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded yesterday, ahhhh! I did it!!

Yesterday was tough as I couldn't get my meds down without cutting it into pieces. sleeping on and off yesterday made last night hard to sleep. Today I'm off the meds just taking ibuprofen and staying awake. Mainly sore at the incisions. I haven't eaten much only got thru a bowl of broth since yesterday. Found I don't like muscle milk bluck :-( about to try pure Protein Shake.

For those who are where I was two days ago (pre-op) I will say yes there is pain, but its bearable. Have help there with u if at all possible. Someone to fetch and assist you will be valuable getting thru that first day.

Ahhhh I'm now a Bandster!!

Yes u are congratulations

congrats to YOU......just rest and rest and rest

each day that passes, i swear it gets easier

it may not seem it, but it will

happy day to YOU

Congrats! I'm counting the days! Keep us posted on how you are feeling. :)

Congratulations!!!! Now your journey begins!!!

Yay you!! Welcome to the other side. Give yourself plenty of time to heal! I look forward to hearing about all your success!

Congrats! I'm right behind ya!

I was banded yesterday. The worst pain is in my shoulder from the anesthesia. I feel some discomfort from the surgery but not a lot. I have only needed 2 pain pills sine I got home yesterday. Any suggestions for getting rid of this shoulder pain?

I was banded yesterday too! I still cant believe how good im feeling.

Having NO pain at all. Im a little itchy around my incisions, and a little weak, but other than that it seems like i havent have surgery.

I cant thank GOD enough about this.

This morning a had a barium xray, and my surgeon said that i'm very swollen, and that i should stick to the clean liquids until sunday, and then monday i can start my stage 3 diet.

So, far today i only had a cup of prune juice, and half cup of Protein shake very liquid as he recommended more milk so it wont be too tick.

Im sooo happy that im banded :)

Congrats! I was banded 9 days ago! I'm at 100% now! Good luck to you!!!

I'm sorry you are nauseous. The medicine and gas x strips worked great for me. But maybe your surgeon could prescribe another med for you! Feel better!

I'm so sorry you're feeling so nauseous. I know how horrible that is, but I'm sure it's temporary (from what I read from others on the site).

The nausea is what scares me most about my upcoming surgery. It's my absolute WORST, and I would rather have pain than that. I picked up the prescriptions my doctor ordered; liquid Vicodin, Zofran (for nausea) and Pepcid-20mg/twice a day for 1 month.

I know everyone is different, and I pray that the nausea slips by me. With the added plication, I'm not sure it will. But it will be what it will be, and then I'll be on my journey to a healthier me.

Saxy - I hope your day improves as the hours pass. Hopefully this is a one day thing, and it will be up hill from here.

I was nauseous and my dr prescribed phenergen for it. Have you asked for that yet?