Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting so excited

Surgery date is May 8th. As I began this journey I was very skeptical about doing it. I was worried that I would miss my food too much. I was scared to think of life without my binges. I was scared that I may do something that I may regret. Most of all...I was scared it would end up like every other diet I've tried. FAILING! So, I began to research. I found this forum and it has been a life saver. All of you on here are so helpful and encouraging. I know that with all of you in my corner I can do this. I have come see that although I won't eat the way I used to, its for the better. I will be healthier, happier and free from the food control. I bought Dr. Huberman's book "Through Thick and Thin" and this was awesome. I suggest it to anyone who is researching weight loss surgery. I love coming on here and reading different stories, trials and tribulations. It makes me feel like there is hope, thank you to each and everyone of you who have commented on this site, whether pro or con. It was all helpful, and I am hooked.

Good luck with your surgery. My word of advice (having had the band for 3 1/2 yrs) is to HAVE PATIENCE! You didn't gain the weight overnight and you're not gunna lose it overnight. After having 2 fills and 3 months after surgery, I felt like I had no band at all. I could eat the portions I had previously, and did. Then came the magical 3rd fill (4 mths into it) and BAMM! I started.

Congrats on your decision. You will question that decision several times before May, but I recommend that you stick with the facts, not listening to everyones input. It works for most of the people who actually work it (it's like the AA slogan "It works if you work it")

Marci

I agree with New Dawn. You have a great attitude, you've done your homework and you know where to find support. You're ready, congrats!

I think that the fear of failing another diet,is something we all went through before banding. But I'm here to tell you, Follow your Drs orders and you will be successful.

Best wishes!

There is always hope! Congrats on your decision! They didn't promise me it would be easy...just worth it. So far...they were right. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches