Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies Stage Recipes

I have been freezing my slim fast for some time and it is very good, however always looking for something new, I froze my strawberry and cream slim fast in a ice cube tray(yes they do still make them) one tray will hold the whole can. I put the slim fast cubes and about 4 or 5 frozen strawberries 1/2 cup of Water in my smothie maker. This is wonderful treat and lots of Vitamins too.

Let me know if you try this and if you like it.

Jan

I am halfway through my mushy stage and here is one of my favorite meals.

1 can of tuna

1 avacado

Lowfat mayo

Jane's Mixed up Salts

Garlic powder

Mix up some tuna with some lowfat mayo, add the avacado and mush it all up. Season with Jane's Mixed up Salts and some garlic and you have one kick ass meal.

Cheesy Mashed Potatoes

Cook the amount of potatoes you would like, if you want to make a whole pot and save the rest use a bag full of white and red potatoes (enough of one kind or mixed kinds of potatoes to fill a pot). Can also try to add other kinds if you wish. Cook and mash.

Add one can carnation evaporated milk, salt to taste and butter to taste. The carnation milk makes it creamier.

Then you can add low fat velveeta cheese or any kind of cheese you would like. This is also good to make skinless loaded potatoes.

Other things to try:

Split pea Soup You can find the recipe on the back of dry split pea bags. Just remember to put the ham in the blender or take it out.

Mashed sweet potatoes They sell premade in the store or make them just like mashed potatoes and add salt and butter or splenda/splenda brown sugar mix.

Oatmeal/Cream of wheat[/] There are many different kinds now.

Bean and Bacon Soup (Home Made)

INGREDIENTS:

2-1/2 cups dried navy Beans

3 quarts Water

8 slices bacon

3 onions, chopped

2 cups diced, peeled potatoes

1 cup sliced carrots

28 oz. can Tomato juice

2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 bay leaf

PREPARATION:

Combine Beans and 3 quarts Water in large pot. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp in large stock pot. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain and crumble. Add chopped onions to bacon drippings. Cook and stir until onions are tender. Add partially cooked beans and cooking liquid. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour. Add remaining ingredients including reserved bacon pieces. Cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender and soup is slightly thickened. Remove bay leaf before serving.

Crockpot Directions:

Precook beans, bacon, and onion as directed above (this step is necessary because otherwise the beans would never get tender because of the acid in the tomatoes). Combine all ingredients in 4 quart crockpot. Cover and cook 10-12 hours on low. Remove bay leaf before serving. 12 servings You can also mash up the beans and potatoes so they go down easier.

Barbara - that "lasagna" sounds awesome! My bday is tomorrow and I love italian food but couldn't think of what to have ~ so I think I'll treat myself with a little!

I watched Rachel Ray today and she made a shepards pie and I was inspired! So this is my mushies version - it is awesome and no probalems going down (I am 15 days post op).

In a large saucepan,

Begin to brown 1lb. lean ground beef

Add 1 bag frozen seasoning mix (it is just onions and bell peppers chopped)

1 can black eyed peas

I can veg all (both with about 1/2 the liquid)

Let cook unitl meat almost done - add I pkg fresh mushrooms chopped fine (or I can of mushrooms)

In a seperate saucepan, mix up 4 cups of brown gravy (Tony Chachere's Creole Brown Gravy Mix in a can has 0 grams of fat and is just made with water)

When gravy is ready, add to meat/veggie mix and let simmer.

(I also added some of that new Fibersure at this point - it has no taste and is a great way to sneak Fiber in when not having grains)

At this point I added salt, pepper, garlic, and worchestire (sp?) to taste.

Make up instant mashed potatoes ~ about 4 servings (I then mixed with a little beef broth to thin)

When meat/veggie mix is cooked to the consistency of a stew, pour in casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes

Broil for 5 minutes in oven -

YUMMY! It was pretty soupy but I loved it and my family did too!

Bon Appetit!

Let's keep the ideas coming!

Found this after my first fill... know it has lots of carbs, but it was easy to eat and fast...

Stove top stuffing. Just add a bit more Water to the mix, let it sit until soft, and its an easy meal... something I haven't thought of before...

Forgot to add that pate' works well too. Found some lovely pate' in a tube at Kroger... works well if you like that type thing. Don't even need a cracker!

Hi guys....I start mushies in ten days (but who's counting?) and my mouth is already watering for these recipes. Thanks for sharing. It really helps us out. I'm sure I'll be adding some of my own soon enough.

Rediscovered Tofu after a month or so eating whatever would go down. This really helps when I am more restricted in the AM, so thought I would share some receipes:

1. Tofu stir fried with soy sauce. Tastes like eggs.

2. Bake or Boil Squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and firm tofu. (I baked this with a pork roast to get some good flavors.)

Blend squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and firm tofu with a can of GARBONZO Beans (or chickpeas). Add butter, salt and pepper to taste. Absolutely YUMMY!!! And great for mushie stage.

3. You can also bake some Cauliflower and leeks at the same time and blend it up with some butter/s&p to make fake mashed potatoes. (I added a little tofu to this mix too.)

I followed the macrobiotic diet for a while and actually like some of the dishes. I have not used Tofu for ages, but it does help when you are too tight.

Good luck to all!!

I put together this recipe today. Very good and also mushy appropriate.

Each patty contains 100 cal. with garnish. 1 fills me up.

1 egg whisked

1 Tbsp. Low Fat mayo

Fresh parsley

Splash of Worstishire

Splash of Hot Sauce(leave out if you think it will upset your stomach at this stage)

Dash of Old Bay Seasoning or to taste

1 Tbsp. Parm cheese

1 Tbsp. bread crumbs

Mix in a bowl with a fork

Add Crab meat 1.5 cups

Prepare into palm sized patties (Makes approx 6)

Spray a skillet and use med-low heat

Brown both sides until golden

Garnish

Low Fat Mayo 1Tbsp.

Relish 2 Tbsp.

Old Bay 1/4 tsp.

Delicious and high protein!!!

In my local health food store I recently got some Ladybird brand Protein pwder in White chocolate flavour. Yum as it is, or with blended fruit.

As an experiment, I mixed it with yogurt in the morning and left it until lunchtime to eat at work. It had thickened and tasted like cheesecake. SO DELICIOUS!

DETAILS- Ladybird All Natural supplements Women's whey Isoflavone Enriched Protein- White chocolate flavour (also available in Cookies and Cream and vanilla Gelato)

per serve of powder only

111 cal

Protein 24.6g

Carbs 1.7g

Fat 0.5g

Best with thick yogurt but worked okay with no fat, low sugar yogurt, just runnier.

Website www.lady-bird.net

I'm really working on eating a raw food/whole food diet. During mushies, I've been keeping a big bunch of diced veges around, and some diced meats that I've cooked. They become Soup, with Better Than Boullion added in, or added to boxed creamy Soups. I throw some in my eggs and chew chew chew. I blend it all together as a pate. I also have some diced fruits thqt become drinks or just mushed up. Sometimes lunch is an avocado. I'm sure open to other suggestions.... Not wanting to cook a whole lot as I'll obsess more over food..... Not wanting to do artificial sweeteners or processed foods much.....

Some of these dips sound so goood and I love hummus...but what can we put it on??? Or do you guys just eat tiny spoonfuls of it? thank you!!! I start my mushies in just three days..yes yes yes!!