Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

Here's a great Soup, a bit of a different taste, a bit oriental.

Buy a frozen mixture of vegetables made for chinese mixture(should contain carrots, shitake mushrooms, bamboo stalks, basically the stuff you would put in a wok). Put in a pot and also put one peeled onion inside to add extra flavor, then add some meat, preferably turkey necks/chicken wings (about 3/4 of a kilo should suffice for a medium pot. Also add a piece of cabbage(do not cut it since we dont want the leaves to end up in our soup) Fill the pot with Water and cook it on medium fire for one and a half hours. 15 or so minutes before it is done, add some frozen corn to gain sweetness. When the corn cooks, trickle the soup and put the trickled soup in another smaller pot. Then take an egg, separate the white from the yolk, and put the white into the soup(we dont want to use to yolk since it has a lot of cholesterol, but the white has a lot fo proteins). Set the pot with the soup on medium fire and stirr until the egg white cooks. Let it cool a bit and then put it in a blender and blend it in order to make the liquid smooth. Serve with soya sauce.

:biggrin1:

hi my name is anne. i will soon have the band on auguest 2. what can i have only apple juice and Water after its done .the first week. i am not happy about that i dont like apple juice.

When I was 16 I worked at Taco Bell and they use LARD when cooking those Refried Beans. Not to gross anyone out, but that is what they still use to cook those Refried Beans. Fresh Beans and Several Chunks of Lard.

I think eating those Beans in moderation is okay. I would not suggest eating them more than once a month, if you need to have some Protein.

If you do not like to cook I would suggust just putting some refried beans in a crock pot and slow cooking them. That has to be better than those Taco Bell Beans.:hungry:

I just had my band placed on thursday, I too would like ideas about what to have so I don't feel lack of nutrition. I have my juices every two hours as indicated and I do feel full but I am not sure if I should have something else to get more nutrition.

thought I'd post this here too:

I am a starbucks addict. I am addicted to caramel frappucinos. I have at least made the better decision lately of getting frappucino lights, but I know they still have alot of sugar. Plus, $4 a day is alot of money! So, I looked around online and found some frappucino recipes and I played around and I have come up with the perfect light frappucino you can make at home!! I am drinking one right now and it is OH SO GOOD!

Directions :

Brew some STRONG coffee, and freeze it in a ice cube tray.

Then put 4 coffee ice cubes, 6 regular ice cubes, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 tablespoon splenda, and one tablespoon sugar free caramel in blender, and blend.

Viola, a delicious sugar free low cost low guilt frappucino at home!

It's true that you crave the weirdest things if you stay long enough on a liquid diet. I had the strongest craving for a tuna salad sandwich...I told my husband and voila...he created this!

1 Hard boiled egg (chopped)

4 Green onions (just the white part) chopped fine

1 Dill pickle - small chopped fine (dried dill weed would do the same)

1/2 seedless cucumber, skinned, de-seeded, chopped fine

1 C low fat or no fat plain yogurt

Celery salt

White pepper

Dash white worcestershire (optional)

1 close garlic or squeeze from "tube herbs" (optional)

1 scoop unflavored Protein powder (optional - don't use with salmon recipe)

Mix all of the above in a blender, then add either-

1 can of Water packed tuna drained OR

8 ounces cooked salmon

YIELD: 3 CUPS (Approximately) :hungry:

We did this with the tuna first and I loved it. He made grilled salmon for himself one evening and at my request made it again with salmon. With the tuna, he made it with unflavored Isopure Protein which kicked up the protein a lot. We didn't think that the salmon would stand up to or needed the Protein Powder. The egg is absolutely essential...it evens out the flavors.

Here are the nutritionals on 1 cup Bruce's Tuna Soup with the protein powder:

Cals: 190

Fat 6.4 g

Carbs 5.6 g

Protein 26.4 g

Here are the nutritionals on 1 cup of the Salmon Supreme (no protein powder)

Cals: 226 g

Fat 9.3 g

Carbs 8.3 g

Protein 26 g

I usually make a zucchini caserole that is not healthy but is delicious, well I'm now eating it as a Soup because I cannot physically put another bit of broth in my mouth.

Peel and dice 4-5 medium sized green zucchini (you can use yellow if you like)

Dice 1 medium onion

Dice 4-5 plum tomatoes (when making a casserole I par boil and remove the seeds and skin)

Dice and cook 1-2 slices of bacon

1 cup cheddar cheese

I sautee the onion with a spray of pam, then add the zucchini and tomatoes. For a soup I add the bacon and cheese and simmer until the zucchini is soft- then I blend it together- voila

For a casserole I remove the zucchini, Tomato and onion mixture, toss in the bacon and cheese and bake until crusty. Trust me it's getting me through the liquid stage. My Dr said you have to be able to drink it to be a liquid so I thin it with milk if I have to for a soup.

DH made me this Soup today and you have to try this to believe it! Sometimes, you just need something that tastes amazing. :wacko:

Savory Hubbard Squash Soup

Preheat oven to 350. Peel, seed and cube a medium hubbard squash. This yields approximately 1.25 pounds of raw squash. Spray with olive oil pam and bake on a cookie sheet 35-40 minutes.

Place cooked squash into a soup pot, along with:

• 5 cups of chicken broth (home made is great but not necessary)
  • 4 cups of Water
  • 1 tsp of Garam Masala spice (if you don't have this, go get some right now - it's in the spice section of your store)
  • 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary tied together or 1 tsp dried
  • 1 onion chopped fine (or 2 Tbsp minced dried onion)

Simmer the above for 35-40 minutes. Blend in batches until smooth. Place mixture back on stove at a simmer for about 15 minutes, until thick.

Optional: May add 2tbsp fat free half and half to each cup of soup, adding 20 cals per cup.

Yield: 6 cups

Nutritionals (per cup):

• Cals: 102
  • Fat: 1.8
  • Carbs 17.6
  • Protein 6

It's not a nutritional powerhouse but it's a gastronomical masterpiece!

thought I'd post this here too:

I am a starbucks addict. I am addicted to caramel frappucinos. I have at least made the better decision lately of getting frappucino lights, but I know they still have alot of sugar. Plus, $4 a day is alot of money! So, I looked around online and found some frappucino recipes and I played around and I have come up with the perfect light frappucino you can make at home!! I am drinking one right now and it is OH SO GOOD!

I too love Starbucks but of course can't go there anymore......Thanks for the great recipe:clap2: