Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

What about hummus for the mushies stage? You can buy it in different flavors already made. It is high protien and low in fat. It tastes good too. I don't know if Quinoa would work as a mushy. It's a bit like couscous, cept it has TONS of Protein in it. You could probably add liquid broth and spices and make it soupy or into an oatmeal texture. Mashed avacados would be nice as well.

Here's a little concoction I just love:

1-2 TB Simply Jif Low Carb Peanut Butter

1 small jar baby food Bananas Stage 1

1-2 packets Splenda (depending on your tastes)

1/4 c or more Milk to make it as smooth as you want

I throw it all in my little mini food processor and it's so yummy!!

Just thought I'd share since the liquid stage gets sooooo boring!

So from what I am reading, anything you put in a blender and Water down well qualifies as liquids, right?

So my cucumber Soup will be ok, and I can blend up any Campbells Soups and be A-OK?

I have Jello, broth, yogurt, stuff to make my cucumber soup, babyfood, baby Cereal, etc. Would the baby food/yogurt be mushies or liquid if I Water it down some more?

That's how I did it. I watered (or with Lactaid milk) everything down to a very liquid consistency. Even yogurt. And I used baby food too but watered it down a lot. I put all the campbell's Soup through a blender before eating it and always added a little more Water than it called for. Whether or not it was the right thing to do, it went down great and I didn't feel like I was starving!!

Barb

I took progresso vegetable Soup and put it in a blender, heated it up and BAM, I had a delicious dinner last night without any problems.

Kathy

Surgery Date: 5/23/06

Dr. Machado - Sacramento

HI all,

I am new here. Just was banded on May22nd2006. I am on the liquid phase till JUne12th. ANyhow my doctor said only Clear liquids besided the Isopure Protein drink. I am confused about some of the Soups you guys are talking about cause I don't think I am suppose to have any creamy Soups , I decided on my own to have french onion Soup without the cheese or bread of course but only cause it taste better then chicken and beef broth and mentally I am going a little nuts drinking the same stuff every day.

Nice chating look foward to new ideas!!

Cheryl

I expect that "the yummy vanilla soy" at Starbucks is FULL of sugar! I know that the post-op liquid diet is for healing and not weight loss but . . .

That may not be the best start to your new life. But hey, to each their own.

soy milk is a good liquid. but soy mil is pretty high in calories and sugar. and anything from starbucks is pretty much a bad thing. but it is up to you to choose. I know during the liquid phase it is more about just getting food down and not about losing weight.

Hey guys,

I did a bit of comparison reasearch on calorie-count.com. I compared 8oz servings of soy milk and 2% and skim milk:

Regular Silk Soy Milk in Vanilla has 100 calories/7 grams sugars/6g protein/ 3.5 grams fat

2% Milk has 122 calories/ 12.3 grams sugar/ 8.1 grams protein/4.8 grams fat

Nonfat Milk has 86 Calories/12.9 grams sugar/8.4 protein/.4 grams fat

I am not a fan of milk so I guess I will stick to Silk.

I was banded Tuesday May 30th 2006. The liquids are hard. I am tempted to attempt something with substance. I love chicken broth and I have tried it with a twist. I have tried different items to give it additiona flavor like baked fish for that exotic taste, beef, dried shrimp, and summer vegatables (squash, potatoes, spinach).

Banded by Dr. J.

215/209/Goal 145

:clap2: I was banded Tuesday May 30th 2006. The liquids are hard. I am tempted to attempt something with substance. I love chicken broth and I have tried it with a twist. I have tried different items to give it additiona flavor like baked fish for that exotic taste, beef, dried shrimp, and summer vegatables (squash, potatoes, spinach).

Banded by Dr. J.

215/209/Goal 145