Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting gastric bypass first weeks....

I know I'm in the honeymoon phase but a few differences I've noticed during my first 3 1/2 weeks as a bypass patient. With my band I was ravenous on day 7 post-op, I'm post-op day 24 and haven't felt hungry once. What I do feel is queasy which I have eventually figured out is my sign I need something to eat...I take 3 or 4 bites and it's gone. I had my period last week and had no issues with food or liquids....when I had a band PMS week was almost strictly fluids cuz I'd be so right nothing else could get through. I've had a hellish cold all week and again eating and drinking fine, with my band I would have been sipping hot tea because nothing else would go down when my sinuses were nasty.

So, yup, I'm liking this much better!!!

Everyone is different. Glad this is working out for you. The point of WLS is to do what works for you. So rock it!!

Let us know how you like it when you have a dumping episode :D

Seriously, I am glad you didn't give up when you figured out the band was not for you but kept moving forward.

I know I'm in the honeymoon phase but a few differences I've noticed during my first 3 1/2 weeks as a bypass patient. With my band I was ravenous on day 7 post-op, I'm post-op day 24 and haven't felt hungry once. What I do feel is queasy which I have eventually figured out is my sign I need something to eat...I take 3 or 4 bites and it's gone. I had my period last week and had no issues with food or liquids....when I had a band PMS week was almost strictly fluids cuz I'd be so right nothing else could get through. I've had a hellish cold all week and again eating and drinking fine, with my band I would have been sipping hot tea because nothing else would go down when my sinuses were nasty.

So, yup, I'm liking this much better!!!

Hi Christie!

Happy to hear things are going great with your Gastric Bypass! Are you aware that we run a sister site to LBT called http://RNYTalk.com ? It's the same as LBT but caters specifically to Gastric Bypass patients. You're more than welcome to hang out on LBT, just wanted you to be aware.

Hi Christie!

Happy to hear things are going great with your Gastric Bypass! Are you aware that we run a sister site to LBT called http://RNYTalk.com ? It's the same as LBT but caters specifically to Gastric Bypass patients. You're more than welcome to hang out on LBT' date=' just wanted you to be aware.[/quote']

I'm there too Alex, but thanks!

Hi Christie,

I think I will be moving forward with scheduling a revision to RNY here soon. I plan to call my surgeon tomorrow to get the ball rolling. I think it is cool that you posted about your bypass here on LBT too. A lot of folks on the "I have failed my band" forum would probably be interested to hear your story.

Best,

Hilary

I just want everyone to know there are other options and this is NOT one size fits all! Yes I've had the dumping episode from hell, but I survived. Currently it's allergy season big time in central AR. I'm snorting, and sneezing, and draining....and I can still eat and drink!!!!! My allergies were a huge issue with my band from day 1 so I was a bit anxious to see how it would be with allergies and my RNY.

I've had some real smart assed replies and some ugly private messages about why I post here when I no longer have a band. It's because I did have a band. I had the good and the bad of band life and I have a lot of knowledge about life with and without a band. I suffered through prolapse and emergency removal. Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I'm not here to bash it, I'm not here to scare people off, I'm not here to tell you to get your band taken out and have an RNY....

I'm here because sometimes you need to know stuff happens....whether your fault or not, stuff happens. And you don't have to just give up or be miserable. I'm happy to help in anyway I can. I'm on RNY talk as well (soccermomma73) there are A LOT of band to bypass revisions, and like this site it's a great resource. Good luck on the next leg of your journey! I hope your recovery is as good as mine was!!!!!

(And I do think I'll post under the I failed my band thread too, thank you!)

Don't let the jerks get you down. Post where you want. People can take it or leave it without being nasty about it. Happy to hear you are doing well. Weight loss is a journey and you just took a different path.