Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Dober. That was a worry of mine and I was scared to ask!

They put me on sugar busters already because if the psych eval snag up didn't happen' date=' I would have already been banded. I had a couple of tantrums having to wait because I wanted to have that "last meal" but like someone told me... that is the food addiction talking. I allowed myself to have one last treat a couple of days ago and ended up barely touching it (a cupcake) because it was too sweet! It was so not worth it! However, I had to figure that out on my own. After that, I have no desire for sweets. Plus, I've found healthy alternatives anyway. One example is that fruit tastes really sweet now![/quote']

Awesome! I can do no sugar added low fat ice cream lol! Love that stuff! Seems like you have the hang of it.

I'm getting excited. I'm scared. Don't want to lose too much weight.

I was scared of this too while going through my supervised diet so I asked the clinic and they said that the only weight that bcbs sees is the starting weight and BMI, the 3 month diet is all about making lifestyle choices and making your goals.

Shelley are you already banded? Thanks for the great info. I'm using the mobile site so I can't see any stats if you have any posted.

Shelley are you already banded? Thanks for the great info. I'm using the mobile site so I can't see any stats if you have any posted.

My surgery date is this Friday. I am still on my liquid diet for a few more days. Did you insurance company say that you had to start over on you nutrition/supervised diet? Because that makes no sense.

The doctor's office said not the insurance company.

Oh no, that sucks, because BCBS would have excepted it most likely. They seem pretty lax on everything

After I do my nutritional assessment I will ask them to send it through and let it come back. If insurance says I need recent I will already be almost two months in.

I have BC of CA and I have a 6 month plan including once a month meeting to weigh in 3 physical therapy visits, 2 or 3 nutrition visits, and 2 or 3 psychiatry visits. I'm entering into month two and it sucks cuz I'm ready but hopefully things will move quick!

Glad I don't have CA that seems like a lot. Have you known others to use CA? It also sounds very expensive.

When I called my insurance which is BCBS Federal to get their requirements they said one of them was proof of three months of supervised weight loss. I'm just wondering if this 3 month period has to be immediately before the surgery, or can it be any 3 months before, but within the last year. If so I already have that 3 months worth od data.

BigOBoy, I am waiting for approval right now. I was told 3-5 days, then 7-10 days, and now I'm being told Thursday at the latest that there were higher priority cases (ie., cancer). I was told it looks good so far though, so I will update whenever I get word. I believe my program began in January of 2012 and went on for 4 months, but don't quote me on that. I know it was not right before I started the process or within 6 months of it! I hope that helps.

My paperwork was submitted on a Friday afternoon. Since it is not a full day, I am not counting it toward the time frame this has taken for approval once all paperwork was submitted.

Friday is 10 business days not counting Saturdays. Insurance is open on Saturdays, I think. If so, today is day 9 counting Saturdays.