Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Banded on 2/25/13

I can only get Unjury online apparently and with less than a week to go I don't want to spend the extra money on something I may not even use. I'm already regretting th small amount of baby food I purchased to try. I tried muscle milk today and I'm not impressed.

I can only get unjury online apparently and with less than a week to go I don't want to spend the extra money on something I may not even use. I'm already regretting th small amount of baby food I purchased to try. I tried muscle milk today and I'm not impressed.

Do you have a costco nearby? I like their premade premier Protein chocolate drinks. They come in a case and have 30g of Protein per drink. I think Walmart carries this brand too.

No costco nearby. Walmart's protien shakes have too much sugar for my taste since I'm diabetic.

You can order them in single packets online, instead of the can, which is 17 servings. My hospital gift shop also carries Unjury, so you might try yours. If I understand correctly, every time you get a fill, you have to go back to a liquid diet for a short time, so it won't go to waste. Good luck.

Yea. Congrats all!

This Wednesday, I had my two week doctor's visit. My incisions are healing well, and I've been allowed to go to sugar-free pureed food. "Mushy" sounds pretty unappetizing.

My first meal was heaven; 1/4 c. of tuna, mixed with light Mayonnaise, and pureed freshly cooked carrots. (I'm resisting baby food.) Everything tastes and smells so good, even the fat-free cottage cheese.

My bathroom scale says I'm down 19 lbs., on an empty stomach and without clothes. I weigh about 3 lbs. more at the doctor's with clothes and having eaten. I'm very pleased and can already tell a difference in my clothes.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good about this journey we've started out on. I'm sure there are bumps in the road but the scenery is beautiful.

I started soft foods three days ago (easy to chew only now). I had been losing 2.5 lbs on avg. each day and that seems to have stopped I actually gained a pound yesterday but lost it again this morning so I'm not worried. It's going to take awhile to get used to how little food makes me feel full. I actually feel full after eating about 1/6th of a cup of food the hardest part for me is the feeling I'm wasting food. It's strange having leftovers from what I would have considered a snack before.

Tonight I've decided to test my resolve and I'm sitting at a fundraising dinner sipping tea. As I expected I'm more bored than anything else which is why I'm occupying myself with my smart phone.

Congratulations to all of you!!!!

You will do awesome!

I am curious, have you not needed a fill yet?

My surgeon did not recommend a fill when I was there on Thursday. So far, I've lost 38 lbs, with no fill. He did say that I may have alread had 1cc to begin with, and offered to remove it. No way I was going to let him take anything away. He does want me to try to eat more Protein, but my nutrients are good, and I feel great.

Going on 3 months now, I hope everyone is feeling great and losing weight.

I've added exercise to my days, and my knees aren't complaining anymore. That was a big worry, the possibility of knee surgery down the road.

My clothes are getting too large and I will have to break down and buy new pants soon. I am looking forward to shopping in my skinny closet. Last week I tried on jeans that were a size down from what I had been wearing. I was able to zip and fasten them, but breathing was not comfortable, so I'll try them again in another week or two. There's so much to look forward to.