Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Daily Weigh-in Email Buddy

Banded 11/9/2012

Weight at Surgery: 172

Current Weight:165

Goal Weight: 125

Goals: Lose 5lbs/month

Exercise: C25k

I'm not so much looking for a mentor as someone at the same point in the journey with a relatively similar amount of weight to lose (40-50lbs). I'm 6 weeks post-op.

I've found that daily weighing keeps me on track like nothing else, so I'm looking for someone to-without excuses--email each other our weights every morning and also talk about our ongoing progress and struggles.

Well sweet heart I am 26, I'm also a daily weight in physco kind of person i'm addicted to it actually, but I feel it keeps me on track as well. However I have waaaaaaaaaaaaay more lbs to lose. I was banded on August 21, 2012 and have lost to date 87lbs =) if you can't find anyone else we can e-mail just let me know ;-)

Hi! I also have 40-50 lbs to lose. I was banded on August 29th, 2012. I'm 22. I'd love to email with you about our progress and journey! :D

I have 54 lbs to go, feel free to email me. I also am obsessed with weighting my self every morning.

Hello ladies.... I could also use a daily weigh in/ go to support person. Though I have joined this site a while ago I am finally using it. I was banded on June 20, 2012 at a start weight of 274. I now weight 227. I am super happy with my weight loss but it would be nice to have some woman around my age to talk to. I'm the only one that I know that had the surgery so it's hard for others to understand.

Dana

I would advise against weighing every day. You will drive yourself nuts. Our bodies can fluctuate up to 8 pounds in one day. Try weekly instead.

I would advise against weighing every day. You will drive yourself nuts. Our bodies can fluctuate up to 8 pounds in one day. Try weekly instead.

Thanks for the advice but I'm aware of fluctuations and this is what works for me. It doesn't drive me nuts and it helps keep me on track. We're all individuals and your way isn't the only right way. In fact studies have shown

that people who keep close track of their weight are more likely to keep it off.

Hi all.. I am 24 and was banded in August 2010. I am in my maintenance phase after losing 75 lbs. I started at 215 (I'm 5foot) and I now weigh 139. Even though im a little further along in my journey, I'd be happy to be there for anyone who wants the support. I speak at the information sessions at NYU medical center because of how great I feel following my surgery. I also love chatting with people my own age, who are going through the same thing that I went through... Just message me if you want to chat...

Good luck all... do what works for you!

I'll take an email buddy. I get banded on the 5 of April

Super nurse, I'm not sure how old you are, but I will be 27 in July. Married with two kids. I'm 5'5 and 253 as of last Thursday. I get banded on this coming up Friday, the 5th. My goal weight is 165

Also it's kind of rude to come into a topic and give unsolicited advice that has nothing to do with what the OP was looking for.

You are the one who reads rude into a post. Those of us who respond are truly trying to help. It was a recommendation, like all things on the forum, you pick and choose what you want to use. No need to attack someone who is trying to be of help and takes the time to respond to your post. Like I said in my second post, you should do what works for you. Peace!

You are the one who reads rude into a post. Those of us who respond are truly trying to help. It was a recommendation' date=' like all things on the forum, you pick and choose what you want to use. No need to attack someone who is trying to be of help and takes the time to respond to your post. Like I said in my second post, you should do what works for you. Peace![/quote']

I do tend 2 agree,, ur post didnt seem rude in the least bit. Seemed that u were just trying to help. Idk y the poster got so defensive w u. If we cannot learn to take something from one another's wisdom & experience, whether u choose to follow the advice or just remember that someone cared enough to reply in a helpful way...we cannot grow w/o the experiences of our peers. We are all here bc we are going thru similar experiences. And we've all had enough negativity outside of this community;

this should be a positive place 2 come.

Good luck 2 us all in reaching our goals!

Super nurse, I'm not sure how old you are, but I will be 27 in July. Married with two kids. I'm 5'5 and 253 as of last Thursday. I get banded on this coming up Friday, the 5th. My goal weight is 165

So sorry it took so long to get back to you, it never came up on my notification feed. I am 25 years old, and I am 5'7. How did the surgery go?