Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss since surgery

I was banded 10/5. Lost 46 so far. Have about 60 to go!

banded 10/15/12 lost 61 lbs so far 33lbs pre-op, 68 to go. 1-3cc fill in Nov, not restricted 2 fill Jan 6

Banded in November 6th. Down 33 pounds and counting!!

i was banded/plicated june 6. so far down 88. i do not have any fills but i do (but eat as though i do).

congrats to mads, megan, mini and krystle on those great weight losses. it doesnt matter how fast or slow it comes off, as long as it does. (that is how i view it)..hang in there okay :)

How many calories are you all eating? I am starting to panic. I was banded on 11/26/2012 and I have lost 30 pounds( including pre-op) but it has come to a screaching hault!! I dont know why! I am losing/gaining the same pound and half back over the last weeks.

I started back to the gym and have been doing 45 minutes to an hour of cardio. I woke up today and I am so sore on my left side that I think I may have done too much. I have been averaging about 1100 -1200 ( high end) calories per day. I am still on soft foods so I do tend to have 2 shakes a day and then a one cup dinner. I am sure that this is an irrational emotional response but I see what everyone else is losing and I am afraid that I am failing.

I was banded 6/29/10 so it has been about 2 1/2 years. I have lost a total of 163 pounds. I just had my annual check up and was suprised that in the past year I was only down 26 pounds. My weight loss has slowed considerably but I am ok with it. It came of like gangbusters at first. When I think back though... I was way more dilligent when I first started this journey. I still feel like I am but I will allow myself little treats now (here and there) and I didn't at all the first year or so. I keep losing, slowly but surely... I've never really gained any back (a pound or two here and there but weight fluctuates and it is usually gone again as quick as it came.) I am hoping to make it through the next week without any gain and come January first really get back to the old ways and see what I can do.

I have great restriction. I can eat most anything but I get satisfied on a cup of food.

Keep up the Battle!!!! Nice work!

Was banded 10/31/12 i have 34 lbs since surgery & 44 total including preop.. Where are you at with your weight loss. Do u have restriction? I dont have restiction.

Less than 2 months and down 44 lbs? That is awesome. I didn't have any fills until the 2nd month post op... It's complete willpower and calorie counting. It will get easier when you get in the green zone I promise.

How many calories are you all eating? I am starting to panic. I was banded on 11/26/2012 and I have lost 30 pounds( including pre-op) but it has come to a screaching hault!! I dont know why! I am losing/gaining the same pound and half back over the last weeks.

I started back to the gym and have been doing 45 minutes to an hour of cardio. I woke up today and I am so sore on my left side that I think I may have done too much. I have been averaging about 1100 -1200 ( high end) calories per day. I am still on soft foods so I do tend to have 2 shakes a day and then a one cup dinner. I am sure that this is an irrational emotional response but I see what everyone else is losing and I am afraid that I am failing.

I am in the same boat. Up and down and have only lost 20 in 2 months. Although I have not been counting calories, but I can't hardly keep anything down. I am going to start a journal (after christmas - LOL). Maybe that will help me realize what I am doing wrong :( My logic is probably a little off, but if I am not eating the same stuff before the surgery and have such drastically reduce portion sizes and sweets, then it would only figure that the weight would fall off. I mean if it took thousands of calories to maintain 280 lbs (beginning wt), one would think limited intake would cause the lbs to go away. Maybe my body has gone into starvation mode (again). I'm getting frustrated!!!

Was banded 10/31/12 i have 34 lbs since surgery & 44 total including preop.. Where are you at with your weight loss. Do u have restriction? I dont have restiction.

Wow that's a lot...very good...Ive only lost 13 pounds since surgery...n 28 pounds total preop...my weight was 265.... I haven't had my first fill yet....I guess that's y I have no restiction...:-/

I was banded Nov.16/2012

Down 54lbs, I haven't had any fills yet.. But rarely ever feel hungry.

If you cannot ingest at least 1000 calories a day, your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight! I stopped losing because for one week I had 400-500 calories left over every day! I started reaching my minimum caloric intake for a week and I started losing again. I am 3 weeks post op and am down 26 lbs.

I eat 800-850 cal a day (sometimes less) since soft food stage 3 months ago and I'm down 50 lbs and still losing regularly. This was cleared by my surgeon and my NUT, btw before anyone has a fit!

:angry: I had surgery 10/23/12 and have lost 31 lbs. I can not seem to get this restriction sweet spot. Im either unrestricted or getting stuck, but continue to work it all the time. filling unfilling etc. GOOD NEWS!!!! I'm at my halfway point today. 31 lbs lost, 31 to go. So inspired by those of you who have lost 50 or 80 etc. It can be done!!!

Hard to imagine but you give me faith.

I was banded 10/24/12, and so far to this date I am down 98.7lbs.