Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At 61 years old' date=' I had the Lap Band procedure 3 years ago and initially lost 40 pounds. Honestly, trying to get the Protein gms I need to have in a day in only 1/2 c servings per meal, was extremely frustrating. Initially, I attended all the hospital's support groups here in Richmond,VA and did regular exercise.However I never reached that 'sweet spot" I have heard happens. Then my medical health problems flared up and I was in constant pain from Arthritis and Fibromyalgia and became quickly discouraged. I also, learned how to "eat around the band", or in other words badly sabotaged the efforts I had made. Needless to say, I regained 20 lbs.

A few months ago, I had to have all the Fluid removed from my band due to esophageal and stomach ulcers( I was never instructed not to ever take NSAIDS), and was pretty discouraged, when I came across The Big Book on the Lap Band . I only wish I had had the book before I ever had the surgery. It has been a life-saver for me. I finally understand. It will work but I have to do the leg work, and keep the intake at 1/2C. Today I just got another fill. I'm at 2 1/2 cc. A far cry from the 9cc I had in before( and could still eat anything)! I had unwittingly stretched my band before. This time, it's like I just had the surgery. Instead of chastising myself for so much wasted time, I'm thrilled to have a great book to follow for FAQ's, recipes, and encouragement. I'm now back in the pool, measuring everything I eat, going to Over Eaters Anonymous(hey we're all compulsive eaters on this site or we wouldn't either had the surgery or are thinking about having it) , and the hospital support group.I 'm really looking forward to the new book being published.[/quote']

This makes me want to order this book on payday

I have had the book for a bit...has been very interesting. I already met the surgeon and had my all day session. Your book did help to prepare me for my first psychology session a few days ago. One more to go in one month.

Check page 268....you duplicated the table (table 17) for some reason. There should only be three rows instead of 6 (I work as a medical transcriptionist so cannot help but pick up on these kind of things).

:D I'm keeping a list for the next release, thanks! Please let me know if you found any others.

I have been banded for about 18 months now. I've lost about 90 lbs. I'm looking for a book that focuses on life after the band. In hindsight, I made the decision to have the lapband too quickly without knowing all the facts. So, now I'm looking for the information that I should have known all along. Saying that, I have been successful but I am more interested in learning about the mechanics of the band & how to use it to my FULL advantage. WIll this book answer these questions?

I have been banded for about 18 months now. I've lost about 90 lbs. I'm looking for a book that focuses on life after the band. In hindsight, I made the decision to have the lapband too quickly without knowing all the facts. So, now I'm looking for the information that I should have known all along. Saying that, I have been successful but I am more interested in learning about the mechanics of the band & how to use it to my FULL advantage. WIll this book answer these questions?

The book will definitely assist you. Some might say I'm a little biased in my opinion :D. I'm willing to offer a full refund if you feel it doesn't meet your expectations. That goes for everyone else as well.

Not sure if my first response posted so I'll try again. The book has been a boon to my weight loss and motivation. It gives a great explaination on how the band works, and gives amounts and lists of foods to pick from, something I have desperately needed. It's a great reference book

Definitely "The Big Book". Just got it last week and really has some great info. Thanks!

Hi there! I'm a newbie. So very happy I found your app and this thread. It has given me direction in finding what I need to know as I begin my journey. There is endless support. I have decided to do something about my problem and struggle with a lifetime of obesity. For the last 20 years, every few years, I have wanted to have batatric surgery. There was always "something" that came up. Now I'm having health problems affecting my mobility. I've had 3 back surgeries including a three level spinal fusion. I still have constant chronic pain. Considering the Lap band, again. I know this book will help. I want to know EVERYTHING possible to make an informed decision. As everyone knows, there is a vast amount of information out there, but I'm looking forward to getting my book!

Got a Kobo e-reader for Christmas and the first book I downloaded was yours :) I am 3/4 of the way through it. I fell off the wagon big time this holiday season and reading the book is helping me get back on track. I put on about 7 lbs and feel horrible physically and emotionally. I am heading back to the gym next week as well as starting yoga tomorrow evening and aquafit next Wednesday. Thanks for writing this book!

I really enjoy the support of the bariatric Pal App and I am sure to enjoy my book!

Got my copy in the mail yesterday... ordered it from an eBay seller. Already learned a few things I didn't know. It's definitely worth the small investment and nice to have all the details in one place. I've even caught my husband reading it too! ;)

Got this book for Christmas off my hubby! Can't stop reading it. I have my surgery in February and this forum along with this book have prepared me well. Thank You x