Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Bandsters,

I wasw banded in December 2010. I made it from a size 22 to a 10. Lost about 75 lbs but gained 15 and cant seem to lose them again. HELP... I have been stuck at this weight for the past 6 months going up and down a few pounds. I am really discouraged and I find that I am gaining inches like I'm drinking Water. This cycle is causing me to really get depressed and self medicate..

Has anyone else had this issue? Please help me as I don't know what to do. I'm getting looks from people now that are like you're fat again. The look of I knew you wouldn't do it.

When I was a size 10 I got comments like "you're too little,You're a little brief..." Now I just get the yuck looks and asked so when are you going back to your doctor. My EX, when he was my present, said his guys were making comments about me gaining weight.. Well he didn't stand up for me and had the nerves to tell me.. He then dumped me for a former fatty who is small now..Talk about wowww...

I'm trying to hold it all together.Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get back on track..I don't want to go back to 22's.

Hi

Reexamine the reason you started this journey. Make small goals for yourself. Go back to the band rules.

Change up your food choices, change up your exercising and journal.

Will it work, I hope so. I was banded in 2010 and lost my first 80ish lbs the first 18 mo.

Had issues last summer and this. Had some taken out .

Had some put back in 1 week ago and starting again using the the above advise i am giving you. losing slowly. Good luck you can do it.Good Luck

wendy

I would talk to a nutritionalist and your doctor. My group (medical) always says that they want long term contact so they can help people over the rough spots. They absolutely say get in right away if you're having trouble maintaining, don't wait! They are there to help you! Also, how is your exercise routine? It is a scary place to be in. Pre band I had lost 115 pounds (I was wayyyy too thin), and after 4 years started gaining it all back. I wish I had had someone to help me stop, so I say run to your doctor, your nutritionalist, gym, whomever can help. 15 pound will be gone before you know it! Good luck, I'm thinking of you!

Thank you Zinhaa and Farmgirl for your replies. I have seemingly even frustrated my doc with this up and down thing. I will re-group and re-focus my energy. I appreciate your replies.

I have really been struggling the last month too. Mostly fears of the band not working. I knew it would be slow but secretly hoped it'd go fast. I'm only a few months out and am stuck around the same 20ish pounds lost. I had to reevaluate what I was doing. For one thing I know I haven't yet hit the green zone so maybe you could work on getting there? That will make a large difference. For another even though I was obeying the rules I wasn't yet really serious about things like exercise. As I've been getting better about that it's better on my spirits even though the scale hasn't changed yet. In fact today is my first day back to the site in awhile... I also decided I need the support and I can't do this journey alone. You're not alone. There will be ups and downs but this is YOUR journey (my lapband friend reminded me of that) not anyone else's. Hang in there. Our support and love is with you.

There is a significant connection between our emotional health and physical health. Many people have posted here about being "emotional eaters"...negative thoughts directed inward will result in depression, which for some is their trigger to make poor choices with their eating. I'm not saying that this is what you are doing, only want to raise your awareness about what may be going on...

We also engage in many thoughts which are not accurate...and I encourage you to give some thought to the reality that you are interpreting what others have said, or done, or the "looks" others direct towards you. Interpreting other's thoughts is a slippery slope...and we can easily misinterpret the spirit of what others do.

Focus your thoughts and efforts to regain control and progress in your own life...and be alright to be who you are. If we try to live to conform to what others want us to do, or frequently attempt to make other's happy, then we often miss out on our own happiness.

Best wishes...