Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Nothing Suppose To Come Off?

Hello everyone,

Just a question... I loss 19lbs on my 2wk diet before my lapband surgery.. I had my surgery on 8/28/12 & I've drink liquids/water... And I haven't loss anymore weight. Is it normal that its been a week that I've intaken less than 1,000calories & no weight comes off?

Perfectly normal. Your body is healing right now. Give it time, the weight will eventually start coming off.

You were just banded on August 28. The first 4-6 weeks after surgery are for healing, not losing. My best advice would be to put the scale away until you are at least back on solid foods and try to make good food choices in the meantime. It's not at all uncommon for people not to lose during the healing process or even gain a little.

Hang in there and be patient as your body heals :)

Cpvilla....sounds to me like your doing wonderful....

Keep doing what your doing and it will all come together once your healed...

Good luck !

Thank you so much Toddy, Mis73, dee257,

You all made me feel so much better.. for a moment I thought I was doing something wrong. I wish you all best of luck on your goals. Thanks for the closure of not being alone. :-)

I was THRILLED when I lost 13 lbs on the pre-op diet, then post-op for about three weeks - - nothing!! I even gained a few lbs right after surgery. They give you a lot of Fluid during surgery, and your body goes into a sort of panic mode. It's been through SO much and you're not giving it food at all like you used to. Your weight will do funny things for the first few weeks, so as hard as it is, try to avoid the scale and focus on healing.

It was so frustrating to not lose once the band was actually in there! I was banded 7/10 and have finally started to lose again after my second fill last Wednesday. I know everyone says be patient and you're healing... but cmon, we had the surgery to lose! Congrats on the pre-op loss and just know that you WILL lose again eventually. Your body was losing so much in the pre-op because you weren't eating. That can only last so long. Your body is recovering from that AND the surgery. I, like many, gained a couple of those back before my first fill. It is normal. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but you'll be losing before you know it!

Yes! Totally normal. You are healing, so your body is retaining Water and extra blood to do so. You probably won't start to see a good weight loss for 4-6 weeks. Keep your head up! Before you know it, it's a year later and 80lbs down!

Thank you so much everyone... You have all been so helpful. Best of luck to you all on your weightloss goal, you all seem to be doing great!! I know we can do this! Let's stay focus so we can get to our goal soon :-)