Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warm Water With Lemon Article

I read this article and found it fascinating. I am always on the lookout for natural things I can do to help my body detox or loose weight or cleanse something. Since the article gives a big shout out to helping the liver, and since my liver enzymes have been elevated, I think if the only thing this helps is my liver then that would be excellent.

Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon

By juice of half a lemon.It's so simple and the benefits are just too good to ignore. Warm water with lemon:

1. Boosts you're immune system

Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain & nerve function and helps control blood pressure.

2. Balances pH

Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they're alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). As you wellness warriors know, an alkaline body is really the key to good health.

3. Helps with weight loss

Lemons are high in pectin Fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. And, my experience is that when I start the day off right, it's easier to make the best choices for myself the rest of the day.

4. Aids digestion

The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis—the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and Vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract.

5. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic

Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.

6. Clears skin

The vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well.

7. Hydrates the lymph system

This cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration (obviously) and adrenal fatigue. When your body is dehydrated, or deeply dehydrated (adrenal fatigue) it can't perform all of it's proper functions, which leads to toxic buildup, stress, Constipation, and the list goes on. Your adrenals happen to be two small glands that sit on top of your kidneys, and along with your thyroid, create energy. They also secrete important hormones, including aldosterone. Aldosterone is a hormone secreted by your adrenals that regulates water levels and the concentration of minerals, like sodium, in your body, helping you stay hydrated. Your adrenals are also responsible for regulating your stress response. So, the bottom line is that you really don't want to mess with a deep state of dehydration!

Adopting just this one practice of drinking a cup of warm water with lemon in the morning for a month can radically alter your experience of the day. Don't be surprised if you begin to view mornings in a new light.

Like I said, the recipe is really simple - a cup of warm (not hot) water and the juice from half a lemon.

Good article, I wonder if bottle lemon juice would work?

I'm going to try it...noincrease in acid ?reflux,swallowing? where do you get the body weight ticker........Prudence

I will definitely try this.

Can I use limes instead of lemons ?

Can I have coffee afterwards ?

I've been using bottled lemon juice for the most part - I put about 3 tbsp in my 72 oz bottle and drink it while I am at work. I started a couple of weeks ago, and have noticed the difference (I drink almost a gallon of Water a day anyways). It's addictive now, I actually crave my water with lemon in it. There are some great liver cleansing teas you can get as well - I had elevated liver enzymes and then started drinking a glass of Everyday Detox tea (found on Amazon, Walmart etc), and they were within normal ranges again really quickly. The lemon can only help!

I've been using bottled lemon juice for the most part - I put about 3 tbsp in my 72 oz bottle and drink it while I am at work. I started a couple of weeks ago' date=' and have noticed the difference (I drink almost a gallon of Water a day anyways). It's addictive now, I actually crave my Water with lemon in it. There are some great liver cleansing teas you can get as well - I had elevated liver enzymes and then started drinking a glass of Everyday Detox tea (found on Amazon, Walmart etc), and they were within normal ranges again really quickly. The lemon can only help![/quote']

Great tip!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

So far I use bottle lemon but most of the articles suggest whole lemons or limes or both if you want. The article approached this from an Ayurvedic stance but I know that a friend of mine who is Hispanic does this every morning and before she goes to bed. Her mom does it and so does her Grandma in Mexico. So I thought hey why not.

I'm going to try it...noincrease in acid ?reflux,swallowing? where do you get the body weight ticker........Prudence

Interesting enough the heartburn is better after just a few days. I had my healthy version of pizza last night which still gives me horrible heartburn and I had just a tad, easy enough to deal with that I didn't have to take Prilosec for it.

I will definitely try this.

Can I use limes instead of lemons ?

Can I have coffee afterwards ?

Most of the stuff I have read said limes/lemons so I think its either or both if you like it like that. And I have my coffee after but I'm already noticing that I don't need as much coffee to get me going as I did.

It's really helped to reduce my heartburn substantially, and is actually pretty calming to my stomach, too. It's my new "comfort food" since beef broth and noodles aren't going to cut it anymore :) I've found my energy has increased as well, and I'm not falling asleep at work anymore!

really like all the feedback,,,Iwondered what happened to my heartburn,,

The article fails to mention how rapidly this practice can erode your teeth!

As a Dental Hygienist I would not recommend this. It is way too much lemon way too often. I see damage to teeth from this often. When the enamel is gone there is no getting it back.

The article fails to mention how rapidly this practice can erode your teeth!

As a Dental Hygienist I would not recommend this. It is way too much lemon way too often. I see damage to teeth from this often. When the enamel is gone there is no getting it back.

But for people who already have a diet high in acidic fruit or want a healthier diet what are they supposed to do? Most of the articles I read the people mention this happening and reccomend using a straw, or switching to an enamel building toothpaste. I rinse with plain Water after I'm done drinking and already use an enamel building toothpaste to help combat erosion. I have friends who eat limes and lemons all the time and never seem to have a problem. But I even asked a dentist about it and he said that as long as I rinse and use the toothpaste or a straw if possible it shouldn't be too big of a deal.