Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Member Spotlight In The BariatricPal Newsletter

Both DL and Vamp have been very helpful. :)

Thanks so much LosingIt!!

Congrats DL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Congrats DL!!!

Thanks Vamp! I suspect that you're on deck for next month!! How you doing? I know you were struggling there for a while but recent posts seem to indicate that you're back on track!

Hello dl looks like your in the spot.

Thanks so much mami. Looking forward to seeing so many others in the spotlight. There are so many great folks on this site. I'm really hoping to see Vamp in the next one. She's done a lot more for folks than I have.

Thanks Vamp! I suspect that you're on deck for next month!! How you doing? I know you were struggling there for a while but recent posts seem to indicate that you're back on track!

Yeah going back to the gym 5 days a week has really helped my weight loss! I'm hoping I am in next months I can't wait to tell my story! So how did it work did you have to write it or did they just ask you questions?

They sent me a list of questions which I answered and then Alex paraphrased my answers and made his post.

So glad to hear that you're back on track. Never doubted you would find your way!! Love your new pic by the way!

Alright summer

I would like to nominate:

Tiffykins

She has been a catalyst for this website since day one. IMO has made it what it is, even though she has been quiet lately. It was she who motivated me to use my Sleeve to the best of my ability! She's pregnant with her 2nd baby Post OP and I think she can bring a lot of hope to many women here who are doing this for pregnancy hopes.

Also her candidness keeps everyone in touch with the reality of Weight Loss Surgery and her knowledge is just out of this world.

favoredone

She is a light beacon! Her positivity is absolutely radiant and her eloquence touches so many here. She is very special and I'm sure she'd be able to write something very nice about her journey thus far.

sleeve 4 me

Again another amazing member who always expresses her Faith and brings so much hope and positivity to the forums. Her journey has been incredible and her keeping the weight off for going on 2 years post op, she's doing fantastic. She gives hope for the future of the sleeve!!

They sent me a list of questions which I answered and then Alex paraphrased my answers and made his post.

So glad to hear that you're back on track. Never doubted you would find your way!! Love your new pic by the way!

That sounds fun!! I hope it is me!! And thanks, my confidence is sky rocketing and I'm totally infatuated with the new me!!

I agree. Tiffy and I joined right about the same time, and she was sleeved right after I was. We kind of held each other up while we were waiting for more people to learn about Sleeve Talk. She has so much knowledge and experience with complications, having gone through them herself. She is a wealth of information.

Thanks Alex this is great. Congratulations to Lissa, she responds so timely to folks even when she had some adversity in her life and helps many here!

I too would love to see Tiffykins as a spotlight member (she provided much information, and personal experience over the past 18 months I have been active on the site, she was my greatest reason for moving forward with VSG along with Irene (Diva - our exercise queen). CLK (Cheri-who provides great, clear information from food to body image), PDXMan - great inspiration, experience and no nonsense. I must also include Sleeve 4 me, who also had some rough times physically and yet continues to inspire, up to and including personal meetings with members...where else do you get support like this than from VERTICAL SLEEVE TALK!

Congratulations Lissa!

Hello. This is Tanya and I'm so loving the lap-band lifestyle!

I started looking into a lapband after realizing I could not sit on the floor to play a board game with my children because my legs would hurt and fall asleep due to my body habitus. Asking my 6 year old to move to the diningroom table was a humbling experience.

Research done, discussion with my husband, informed my family and surgery ensued. Since then, I've made my way to a healthy BMI due to the help of the lapband AND exercise. One month post-op I hired a personal trainer (now considered one of my dearest friends) and started working out twice per week with him. Worked my way up to three times per week and added in some Zumba classes here and there. 2 1/2 years later, I now workout beside my trainer challenging him as well, teach Zumba classes, have been highlighted in a health spot on TV for the hospital/doctor I had surgery with, have run a 5k and am training for my first Warrior Dash next month! I can powerlift (no joke...squat 205#, deadlift 225#, benchpress 115#, and leg press 600#) with the big guys in the weightroom and take muay thai kickboxing classes!

I have the energy I never had in my 20's and here I am almost 40! I never knew how tired and drawn I felt until after I started NOT feeling tired and drawn anymore! I realized I had sleep apnea during the evaluation phase of getting surgery and no longer require my CPAP at night after losing approximately 100 lbs! My husband used to be able to job backwards, yes backwards faster than I could walk downhill...he's challenged by me now!

With my newfound energy and health, I've totally changed my eating habits (not just the portion, but the quality of food). I used to eat only white foods (Pasta, chicken, cheese) as my co-workers would jest, but now I eat an array of fruits/veggies, seldom Pasta, sparring cheese and lots of chicken! Salads twice a day are typical for me and whey Protein smoothies have become a staple in my daily diet! People now ask me food questions...ha ha ha!

During my transition, I found I needed a way to symbolize my new journey, so I had a tattoor (my one and only) placed on the base of my neck that will always follow me around reminding me of my journey. It's a symbol that means birth, life, and growth. I also purchased my first motorcycle not knowing how to drive it, but quickly signed up for a class, passed and have since purchased a second motorcycle. Love it! Reminds me of my teenager days riding on the back of my father's motorcycle to softball games yet now I'm driving and my daughter is riding on the back!

My husband never quite understood "why" I couldn't just lose the excess weight as he's always been a thinner, fit, active person. Now with my transformation (physically as well as mentally), he's happy that I'm happier and feel like this has been a successful tool for me. My children have commented "you're much happier now mom" which is a double-edged sword for me as I never realized just how unhappy I was when I was overweight and unhealthy...always making excuses for why I could not do an activity with them. Now I'm challenging them to activities.

That's just a bit of my story!