Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Band!!! Food Still Getting Stuck????? :(

I am beyond miserable... I see my surgeon on Monday for my 2 week post op of having my band removed... I still get food stuck everyday, still have to make myself throw up everyday... i cant take it anymore.. I spent an entire year miserable and was thinking and hoping that once the band came out id be better... boy was i mistaken.. someone please tell me that this gets better.. it is emotionally and physically draining... My surgeon said there was no slip and no erosion, and as far as i know not any scar tissue, and if there was i would hope he would of removed it... I leave for Italy in 2 weeks, and im praying that this will get better.. i really dont want to be worried everytime i eat that food is going to get stuck, im eating slow and taking small bites.. I keep thinking im gonna be stuck like this forever... The food that i would think gets stuck, goes right down.. and then the food that you would think would go right down, gets stuck.. I DONT GET IT... someone please give me some positive feedback... :( i almost want to tell my surgeon to go in and stretch my stomach open... im to the point where im crying because this is not what i thought id be left with...

thanks

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I don't have any words of wisdom, just hugs. If you don't mind me asking, why did you get your band removed? Definitely ask your surgeon on Monday if this is normal and if it should get better. I hope things ease up soon.

go to the ER

I saw in a post a while back that even when the band has been removed, it's possible that there is scar tissue and adhesions that are still in the band shape around the stomach. I would imagine your stomach would naturally stretch over time.

Im not in any pain.. so i dont think i have to goto ER.. I mean.. I ate a bagel today with NO problem... but then i just tried to eat mashed potatoes and chicken for dinner, and it didnt even budge... its just like the band is still there... I had the band removed, because my body is #1 really sensitve.. I had issues right out of getting the band... dry heaving, severely swollen... i only even had 1 fill.... cause i had so much restriction.. then in december i lost 15 pounds because of severe heartburn and reflux and the did a complete unfill, and then from that point on everything i ate got stuck with having no fill.. which caused even more reflux, so my surgeon said my body was just rejecting it.. its a foreing object... so he removed it.. and im soo glad he did... no more reflux.. my only complaint is the food getting stuck!

as far as i know i didnt have any scar tissue.. guess ill find out on monday!

I am 2 months post op from my removal and felt the same as you do until about 2 weeks ago, it takes a long time for all the swelling to go down and the stomach to stretch out again. Hang in there and post an update on how you are doing.

samantha! I am having the SAME problems! I am an emotional wrek! What happened? Did they have to open youre stomach back up? Please tell me this gets better :(

samantha! I am having the SAME problems! I am an emotional wrek! What happened? Did they have to open youre stomach back up? Please tell me this gets better :(

Hi nikki. You have food trapping problem. it happened with me when I got my band removed. Don't worry, it will get better.

Food trapping is seen in several gastric banding patients and is treated by deflating the band entirely until the food passes through.

Hello! I'm in EXACTLY this position. I could have written this post everything is identical to me. Please please please can you post an update of how you're doing now?! Thanks!

I'm 100% healed, I can eat. How bout u?

I get it. Went for band revision on 10/21/19 to do the sleeve. So until 11/30/20. I still found rare occasions for food sticking. Sleeve wasn't done last year due to scar tissue so that is why I had issues.

Sent from my SM-J337V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/20/2019 at 11:28 PM, nikki_lesueur said:

I'm 100% healed, I can eat. How bout u?

Hi Nikki, I had my lap band removed in August 2021. food still gets stuck and it's driving me insane. Most of the time, it's the first meal of the day. How long did it take for yours to completely get back to normal?

My husband gets so aggravated and so do I when we're in a restaurant and I have to excuse myself to the restroom because I'm having a problem. I thought I would be back to normal after having it removed.