Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Years Later.....

So last year i went to my dr. on my year (11/10/10) to get my check up and get a fill....

Weight 160lbs. BMI 29.3 Great i lost 63.2lbs in a year. That was any average of 5.3lbs per month. Went down from size 18-20 to a 10.

Wednesday i went for my two year checkup (12/28/11) well i guess that would be a year and a month..lol but here are the results..... Weight 146.8... BMI 26.8. That was a weight loss of 13.2 for an average of 1.1lbs per month. Size 10 to now wearing a size 6-8. Ok so i really thought that at two years i would be at my goal of 130Lbs... but no. So now i have to be honest with my self and all of you. I start eating bad and i stopped exercising.... I know.. I know...but we joined a different and i feel so uncomfortable there... it's a hard core gym.. you know the ones with the men staring at them selves in the mirror while the grunt.. But my husband paid for the year, so starting Monday... i will do this. i will get my self back to losing.

January 13 i have a FREE consultation with a local plastic surgeon and i'm checking into the Tummy Tuck. I know this sound selfish but.... I want this. After two c-section, gallbladder, hysterectomy and the LB surgery, my stomach look terrible. And I have convinced myself that the only thing that will make me happy is the TT. So there....

In the past year not only has my weight and appearance changed but so did my attitude.. or so my husband says. Strange how before at 223 i had no problems with my husband. I never felt jealous or worried about him looking at other women.... but now i do. It has become a problem for me. My husband is a good looking guy and is in great physical shape for a 50yo man. I see other women looking at him all the time and the first thing i think is WOW, she has a flat stomach he has to be attracted to her... and i get depressed. At one point i was so insanely jealous of this one person that i was convinced that they had something going on.... I about drove him crazy.... he even told me that me losing the weight was the WORST thing that happened to us. (insert knife in heart)... I know he loves me, he has too to put up with the crazy crap i put him thru....lol

On another note: Last dr. visit .... so i went to my check up and to get a fill. I have not had one in a year and i really needed one.... at one point i was at 143... so gaining those pounds really got to me. So my surgeon was not in and i had to see the "new" dr. Was not impressed with the way he filled. My "regular" dr. placed a pillow behind my back and i never felt pain during a fill. Well let me tell you.... pain omg... and he missed the first time and had to move the needle around before he found the port center....he just makes you put your hands behind your head and do a crunch... so i'm supposed to have 10.9cc's in my 14cc band. He pulls everything out and only 10cc comes out. Hell, what happened to the other... .9cc... he said some times it evaporates. Really?? Has anyone else heard this or had this happened??? So, he puts the 10cc back plus .5cc. I go home and i'm STARVING.... you hear. Omg it was terrible. So i called yesterday a.m. and told them that something had to be wrong. I never felt hungry like this after a fill... EVER!! Some thing has to be wrong. So back i went yesterday. He pulls every thing out..... 10cc.... hummmm were did the .5cc that he put in yesterday go. Well he has no idea... So he puts .5cc in AGAIN. But this is what chaps my hide... Wednesday I paid $275 for a fill which turn out to be wrong, i was supposed to pay only $235. so she credited my card back $40 bucks. So i'm thinking... no charge right.... WRONG... she charged me another $45 for them to put back the .5cc that was supposed to be there in the first place... Does this sound right to you all?

Let me know what you think

I can't understand why you are worried about your husband now that you have lost most of your weight. If he didn't stray and still loved you when you were obese why would he do so now that you are slim? Maybe it is not him that you are worried about but yourself. You sound very insecure and as though you could possibly benefit from some form of counselling.

I don't see any problem with you wanting a TT. However the way you say it is a bit of a concern

And I have convinced myself that the only thing that will make me happy is the TT. So there....

Plastic surgeons and other health professionals often caution people that changing their bodies will not make them happy. In fact it can lead to problems where people become addicted to plastic surgery in their pursuit of happiness , look at MJ. A perfect or close to body does not make you happy. If you are not happy then again I would suggest that you could benefit from counselling to try and find out what your issues are and why you are not happy.

The way your fill was done sounds quite normal to me. In Aus Dr's routinely make patients do a crunch, it is the way i have always had my fills and it has never been a problem.And yes a certain amount of liquid does evaporate over time. But it does seem strange that by the next day you had already lost .5. To me that would either indicate a leak or that the Dr did not get the needle in the right spot to put the liquid into the port/tubing/band. However as he withdrew everything and replaced it and you had 10ml there then he must have got the right spot so what is going on seems really odd. I wouldn't be happy about having to pay twice in a row like that and would be concerned about what was going on.

It is quite common for the level of restriction to be affected if the liquid is all withdrawn and then replaced which is why the liquid should not be routinely withdrawn at every fill. The best way to imagine it is to think of what happens to a balloon if you inflate and deflate it a couple of times. The rubber gets stretchy and wrinkled. Withdrawing and replacing the Fluid in your band too often can have a similar effect which means that even with the same amount of liquid in your band it doesn't exert the same amount of pressure and you feel less restriction.

Hope some of this info helps.

I too dont understand the insecurity. If you have a Tummy Tuck your going to have even a bigger scar from hip to hip so how will that help you? You cant keep a man if your always thinking he is doing something that is just lack of trust. I also dont see why they are taking out all your Fluid at each fill that is insane and ridiculous the only fluid that needs to come out is just a little to make sure they are in the right place. Seems to me your not only insecure but you have a doctor that doesnt know a darn thing about filling you.

Thanks for the in put... I've always been a somewhat insecure person. Even when i weighted 100lb and was 36-22-25 i still had body issues. and the feeling of not being pretty or desirable. I'm sure it has something to do with sexual abuse and the fact that my ex husband use to tell me how gross i looked and that i was fat and he cheated on me ALL the time. We only were married for a few years, but they were some the worse years of my life. I have a appt. to see a consular so we will see how that goes.

sanction... that was the first time they ever did that. But it was the first time i saw this dr. and it had been over a year that i had been back. the second time was because i know something was not right. and i was right.