Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stopped Losing Weight

I had my band fitted on the 1st of July 2010 and I have lost over 2 and a half stone....I had lost over 3 stone but put on a half a stone .....I went and got more fill about a month ago but I have not lost any weight despite walking and not being able to eat dinner....I can only eat crap which does not seem to get stuck....I had Pasta today and it did not stay down....getting a bit upset that I have not lost more weight.....any advice?

I am experiencing the same thing at the moment, I can't get any good food into me, I am going to get a very slight defill next week as I feel I am too tight. Tiny fills can make a huge difference, back in October I had a fill, couldn't swallow Water a week later, got 0.25ml taken out and was suddenly able to eat too much. When you get to a certain point the tiniest fill can be too much. I'm going to ask to get 0.1ml taken back out.

Thank you I will call my nurse when they are back open following Christmas.....I have had enough of eating crap.....I would not mind I never ate chocolate before the operation....I was a bulk comfort eater....loved pasta....chinese.....or big dinners.....now I am upset that I am living on quick sugar fixes....which I know is not good

Hey

Did you sort your restriction out? My defill is booked for this week and I am still all over the place about it. I know I can't eat the way I should and I'm really gravatating toward junk food all the time, not able to eat till night time and then I go on small binges. My weight loss has completely stopped, I'm feeling very down and wondering if its ok not to be able to eat till night and just need to control my willpower then! Arrghhhh its so hard to know what to do sometimes! I actually think I'm becoming obsessed with food because I can't get all that much into me. I had great restriction for the summer, I could eat 3 small meals, never wanted to over eat or have junk. I want to get back there!

Sorry I'm rambling now lol, just wondering how you are getting on :)

.I can only eat crap which does not seem to get stuck.

This is a classic sign that your band is too tight. Have some fill taken out so that you can tolerate proper food and you should start losing again. Although it might sound as though a tighter band would equal quicker easier weight loss it does not, it actually slows it down as you end up eating high calorie slider foods as they are the only thing that will go down.

Hey ...thanks for the advice Elcee....I called my clinic in Dublin and they are packed out for the next three weeks....so they asked if I would be okay to go to Belfast....so I am going to make the 2 hour trip up north tomorrow morning...the lovely nurse agreed with you she said I have too much restriction and she would prefer to see me asap as the vomiting can damage my band....so I cannot wait to go tomorrow to get some out....she said you are right I would put on weight as I am surviving on high calorie foods instead of eating proper meals....thank you so much for your advice....i hope to get back to losing weight and eating normal food again instead of crap :)

Glad that my advice has helped you.

Well I drove all the way from Dublin to Belfast....as there were no appointments for the next three weeks to get an aspiration....so I met the lovely nurse there and she took out a mil as she said I was way too over restricted and she was concerned the vomiting was damaging my band....hopefully I have not damaged my band.....my lovely sister drove up with me....and told the nurse all the issues I was having and she agreed that I would be eating high calorie foods as a result of the over restriction.....I had put on 2 kgs.....from having my fill too tight......so lesson learnt....I went and had a child portion of spaghetti bolognase and it was the nicest dinner I have had :) oh I felt so good being able to eat a normal dinner in public and not throw up :)