Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any "bucket List" Items Added Once You Get Your Weight Down

I have just started my process and have not been banded but I am trying to create a list of things that I never thought i could do but would like to once I lose a significant amount of my weight. I wonder what others have in mind for once they have lost their weight.

1. Scuba dive in the Caribbean.

2. Hike to the top of a mountain.

3. Run/Walk a 5 or 10K

Its silly but the main thing I'm looking forward to is being able to buy clothes & bras in the "normal people" store =)

ride roller coasters

Walk/run without breathing hard lol. Tie my shoes, little things mean alot lol.

I was banded 8 months ago and have discovered the joys of being able to cross my legs, exercise, buy normal sized clothes and generally feel good about myself. The big thing on my bucket list is to ride in the Great Victorian Bike Ride that takes place each November. I am going to ride in next year's Ride, but the only disappointment is that it is taking place in my home area :(

For me skydive

I entered an 8K road race last year as a memorial to a deceased friend...I had to walk most of it. I would love to be able to run the full 5 miles next time I run a race! smile.png

wear a swim suit without feeling like a cow.

ride a bike without a big butt!

hike in the mountains again

To be able to walk into Victoria's Secret and not buy anything. Not because I couldn't fit in their bras/panties, but because I chose not to.

I would love to Kayak. I tried it many many years ago when I was not so big and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would also like to participate in some Cancer charity walks. I've quite a bit of cancer survivors and losses in my life and would like to somehow do something for them.

I guess the rest of it is really everyday things that most skinny people take for granted. Like going to a restaurant or movie or a concert and not worry about seating. Being able to travel on a plane and not have to fly first class because of my size.

I want to be able to buy a wedding dress and it not be plus-sized. I also want to be able to wear a bikini on my honeymoon!!

1. ZipLine! my goal is to buy my ticket put on my harness and not worry about stepping on that scale to prove I'm under 250lbs
  2. Shop in any store I want and not have to look for the Plus Size department.
  3. Run a 5k with my daughter who's a runner.

I want to have a lap to sit my grandchildren on...

be able to tie my shoes...

buy normal size clothes...

not feel when ever i bend over some ones looking at my butt in discust

Bucket list-

1. Run (take the dog for a run...I know that would make her happy!)

2. Go horseback riding...and not feel sorry for the horse!) :)

3. Ice skate (used to be a figure skater when I was younger)

4. Wear Jeans that are not Mom jeans!

5. Ride my bike (and not worry about the tires!)

6. Bungee jump!

7. Tummy tuck!

8. White Water rafting

9. Wear underwear that are a size that is single digit! (lol)