Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

200-250... Ouch. What Are Your Goals!? Motivation.

I started VERY near 250 (@ 247); current weight is 204; the first goal I set for myself is to get to "onederland"; what has surprised me the most is I feel like I am melting (inches disappear) but the scale has been slow to move; I just bought a pair of jeans in 16; shirts are XL; my goal for Spring (May 2013) is size 14 pants and large shirts. . . I think this takes long that I thought it would. So, I am not going to get disappointed or frustrated until I have hit my one year anniversary date. ~ Good Luck to ALL ~

I started at 377.... 24 months later I am 157. Don't ask me where the time went... I have no idea. I got banded, focused on the task at hand everyday...live my norml life and it just came off. I was thinking about it the other day... I am starting to forget those 10 lbs losses which were SO important to me over the last 2 years. It's like I woke up and was at 157 lbs.... That's unheard of of course but my point it....just do the right thing every day and it will work.

Best wishes for your continued success.

Congrats to all of you, the newbies for wanting a new life and those who have already made the change successfully. Wishing that we all see less of us in the New Year. Karen

I'm been overweight since I was at school but I got hit 300lbs but I had troubles to lose weight but my doctor tell me say I must have weight surgery somedays but my strong chose get lapband somedays I don't want same my mom's surgery but my mom had gastric bypass eight days ago since December 19 but she sore lots..

I want lose lots weight but I'm down to 342 but I'm still roller coaster on my weight lots but I always eat least fruits and vegetables and sugar free Popsicles and sugar free Desserts also but I'm not plans have eat fried chickens or out eat but i can eat least not lots just half what i wanted but i cant eat whole hamburger or meat its too much for me but I can eat salmon or fish or any types food..

I'm use clothes sizes 32 pants,shorts,underwear,shirts,etc!! When I got lapband surgery I will change looks I wanted rid plus sizes I would like have yard sales or donate my old clothes if my mom says chose have yard sale..

But I had surgeries include lung when I was 12 year old on 1/3 right lobe on my lung include my back of scars it's great memories and also I have kidney stone scope when I was 30 but I'm almost died and I'm quit pop soda and tea also and also I'm quit caffeine also I'm still drink lots Water bottle and sometime sprite and lemonade also..

I wanted still lose more weight for me no matter I'm chose I will happy and my doctor also..

I started at 318 and now I am 238 as of today. It's been a struggle as you already know. not many people understand what we go through. I have read all if your posts and I know exactly where you have been and where you are going! I want to be at 199 or less in 6 months so hopefully if I strive hard for it I will fulfill my goal!

I have about the same to lose and I am Just starting the banding process. It made me really depressed when I was talking to my cousin about it and realized I could lose 2 times her weight (107) and still be overweight... I am trying to keep my chin up and stay positive there is no other way. I am nervous/ embarrassed to talk to my Dr. today It is the first time I am talking to her about a referral. I really hope having WLS will help my back problems I have not slept well in over a week. Sorry to vent I just wanted to say I am here for you and I wish you the best.

I last posted in this thread Dec 2011 and I was pre-op at 480lbs. I've lost 205lbs since that time. I promise you if you want it bad enough and work with your band it can happen.

I promise you if you want it bad enough and work with your band it can happen.

Jim I couldn't agree with you more.

I vividly remember weighing over 400 pounds when I started this journey. I seriously would cry when I'd think about the fact I had at least 260 pounds to lose. It was just so overwhelming.

Now...here I am 18 months later and down almost 220 pounds (and still losing).

It CAN be done. You just have to want it and be committed to the process no matter how long it may take.

That's like... one and a half of an entire person. That's so disgusting.. and... I wanna cry when I see that i have that much to lose. sad.png

This forum , and everyone on it have been so motivational. I KNOW i can do it---as can the rest of you!!

I look forward to this long, exciting journey ahead of me. The depression and whoa is me because this fatty cant down a burger and some nice greasy fries, the slip ups & eating some cake when I think its ok, just two bites, the excitement from jumping on the scale ( AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS And doesnt say Tiiiiiiiiiiiilt! Yes, thats true... My scale wouldnt read until like 330 lbs. Lame.), the anxiety . All of it!

I have goals set. And things to look forward too. Some silly, some you wont understand.Some Cliche...and everyone does them all the same. But Goals , none the less.

What are your goals for when you start dropping the numbers?

Goal weights.....celebrations? Things you've had to pass up because you were too fat, and ashamed!?

My list is always growing,. but here are some , ill share them. Id love to hear yours too.

1. I bought a couple of outfits from Ross on sale, Pants currently 28/30. I bought 22/24, thats my HELL YEAH ! im doing great-Goal.. and some 1x SHIRTS ( im in 3 and 4x now) outfits to look forward too.

BOXES of my clothes from YEARS back... the " Ooooh I cant throw this away... Ill fit into it when i lose weight down the road" Clothes pile. I know we all have one. I have two lol.

2. Tattoos ive been mentally storing for EVER! Im to ashamed to get them on me. Tattoos and fatties= stretched out nasty ink. no thanks. dont want to reveal them. Dont want to get them. Well.... that times coming.

When I get skinny <--- teehee...or.. skinny-ish anyhow. I want my tattoos!

3. To dress sexy ( not skanky) could be a nice pair of jeans, boots and a shirt... whatever., and get out and go DANCING at the club!!!!!!!! Im not a big drinker, nor do i club or bar hop. But... to want to go out PUBLICLY and dance, and i love to dance--just the fact i wont be ashamed to be on the dance floor or noticed.

I want positive attention for one min. just one.

4. Go to the state fair and every carnival i run into! <-------- silly things.... When your a fatty... the fear of the belts not being big enough, tilting the rides, having the carnie have 3/4 of everyone move to the opposite side... rejection. Nope.

Cant do that anymore... I want, and will go on the rides with my little girl. I refuse to have her grow up and never go to a carnival or fair because I couldnt ride with her... or didnt want to go. I miss being...,,,SOCIAL.... all this tied into that. This soon to be x-fatty is gonna ride those rides---Look out tongue.png hehe

5.To wear a .... D R E S S. Yes, a dress...

isnt that sad? To resent, and be ashamed to wear a dress..that i have to be so excited for that.... possibly. But Im so stoked to wear CUTE CLOTHES. goodbye lane bryant... good bye fashion bug... good bye plus sizes...Hello Confidence. smile.png

This was one of my FAVORITE experiences of my entire life. I went to Dress Barn and automatically went to the "Woman" side. Nothing fit and I had to go to the other side of the store!!! I spent waaayyyy too much money, just because I could!

I remember before I got my band, I would read people's stories of losing 100+ pounds and I was sooo jealous. I could not imagine it being me. But now it is. You WILL get there, too, and it will be amazing!!!

Shelly

I have about the same to lose and I am Just starting the banding process. It made me really depressed when I was talking to my cousin about it and realized I could lose 2 times her weight (107) and still be overweight... I am trying to keep my chin up and stay positive there is no other way. I am nervous/ embarrassed to talk to my Dr. today It is the first time I am talking to her about a referral. I really hope having WLS will help my back problems I have not slept well in over a week. Sorry to vent I just wanted to say I am here for you and I wish you the best.

Please never let your shame and embarrassment be the reason you delay or avoid talking to your dr. We have all been crippled by the shame for so long. NO MORE! There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to have WLS - not wanting to undergo surgery, deciding it is not the best option for you, other health conditions, etc. If something like that keeps you from pursuing it, I'd be first in line to support your decision. HOWEVER - if it's embarrassment or shame that keeps you from moving forward, dump it!!! You will be astounded by the freedom you find!

Shelly

At age 21 I weigh 443lbs to be at a "healthy" BMI I'll have to lose 200lbs. That is a tremendous number for me and I'm choosing to keep my weight lose surgery a secret but how can you hide 200lbs.... just rambling here lol!

I was going to keep mine a secret but I figured that there is no point I am bad with secrets and my kids would never keep it a secret anyway. There is a certain rush in sharing your decision with others. With people who you love and people who love you.

I told just about everyone and because of my weight everyone I told was very supportive at least to my face. 488lbs at 45 yearsold I was a walking time bomb and this was for me and life longevity. I was and am beyond the point in my life where I could care less what anyone thinks about me with exception to my wife and parents. I at time do wish I never told certain people. My old Boss who has since left the company actually asked me straight out while I was preop "what are you going to do about the loose skin when you lose all the weight". He asked me that in front of a lot of other people in the Office. I also had a co-worker come back from a two week vacation look at me again in a wide open office and say "what, you didn't lose all the weight yet?".

I would think long and hard about who and when you want to tell because once it's out there it cannot be taken back. Also, get used to people asking you for constant updates on your progress cause it will happen.

Best wishes,,

That's like... one and a half of an entire person. That's so disgusting.. and... I wanna cry when I see that i have that much to lose. sad.png

This forum , and everyone on it have been so motivational. I KNOW i can do it---as can the rest of you!!

I look forward to this long, exciting journey ahead of me. The depression and whoa is me because this fatty cant down a burger and some nice greasy fries, the slip ups & eating some cake when I think its ok, just two bites, the excitement from jumping on the scale ( AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS And doesnt say Tiiiiiiiiiiiilt! Yes, thats true... My scale wouldnt read until like 330 lbs. Lame.), the anxiety . All of it!

I have goals set. And things to look forward too. Some silly, some you wont understand.Some Cliche...and everyone does them all the same. But Goals , none the less.

What are your goals for when you start dropping the numbers?

Goal weights.....celebrations? Things you've had to pass up because you were too fat, and ashamed!?

My list is always growing,. but here are some , ill share them. Id love to hear yours too.

1. I bought a couple of outfits from Ross on sale, Pants currently 28/30. I bought 22/24, thats my HELL YEAH ! im doing great-Goal.. and some 1x SHIRTS ( im in 3 and 4x now) outfits to look forward too.

BOXES of my clothes from YEARS back... the " Ooooh I cant throw this away... Ill fit into it when i lose weight down the road" Clothes pile. I know we all have one. I have two lol.

2. Tattoos ive been mentally storing for EVER! Im to ashamed to get them on me. Tattoos and fatties= stretched out nasty ink. no thanks. dont want to reveal them. Dont want to get them. Well.... that times coming.

When I get skinny <--- teehee...or.. skinny-ish anyhow. I want my tattoos!

3. To dress sexy ( not skanky) could be a nice pair of jeans, boots and a shirt... whatever., and get out and go DANCING at the club!!!!!!!! Im not a big drinker, nor do i club or bar hop. But... to want to go out PUBLICLY and dance, and i love to dance--just the fact i wont be ashamed to be on the dance floor or noticed.

I want positive attention for one min. just one.

4. Go to the state fair and every carnival i run into! <-------- silly things.... When your a fatty... the fear of the belts not being big enough, tilting the rides, having the carnie have 3/4 of everyone move to the opposite side... rejection. Nope.

Cant do that anymore... I want, and will go on the rides with my little girl. I refuse to have her grow up and never go to a carnival or fair because I couldnt ride with her... or didnt want to go. I miss being...,,,SOCIAL.... all this tied into that. This soon to be x-fatty is gonna ride those rides---Look out tongue.png hehe

5.To wear a .... D R E S S. Yes, a dress...

isnt that sad? To resent, and be ashamed to wear a dress..that i have to be so excited for that.... possibly. But Im so stoked to wear CUTE CLOTHES. goodbye lane bryant... good bye fashion bug... good bye plus sizes...Hello Confidence. smile.png

Hello. I just saw this post and was wondering how are you doing two years later?

Good luck. It is hard to figure out who to tell. You can always reveal later. But can't take it back. Watch out for people who gossip is the only thing I'm careful of. 6+ years and lots don't know for me