Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Men's Issues With Lap Band Surgery

I see that there has been no activity in this room for a week. Does anybody have anything they would like to bring to the table to discuss. Feel free bring up anything guy related.

Ok I got a topic. Has anyone who has lost weight with the lapband noticed that they don't use the bathroom as much. I am mainly talking about taking a piss. Does the weight coming off help with stress incontinence.?

Really no guys have anything to share,

Ok I got a topic. Has anyone who has lost weight with the lapband noticed that they don't use the bathroom as much. I am mainly talking about taking a piss. Does the weight coming off help with stress incontinence.?

I can't say that I experienced this. It was opposite for me. I would go much, much more after the surgery due to the increase in liquids. Are you drinking more liquids now?

I see you posted a few days ago and nothing. Why is it that women can easily talk about any and everything on these forums and we are less willing to share personal stuff? I guess it's our nature. It's a shame because we definitely could help one another.

Anyhow, I do have a subject and I'm sure I'll get little input. lol And my question is how does one, thru exercise, help get rid of man boobs. The chest seems to be the area that hangs on longer with weight loss. I've lost 115 lbs. and they are getting smaller but there must be an exercise that can help tone. I do some light weight lifting, however, I deal with a lot of scar tissue in my port area and heavy weight lifting causes the tissues to bulk up and causes severe pain, thus, I have to take it easy. Any ideas?

Pissing has not been a problem............but how about having a ****??? Not used to not going.............How about anyone else? I am 2 weeks post op.

I had to take Milk of Magnesia for awhile to help with this weeks after surgery as prescribed by my doc. Talk to you doc to make sure it is ok. It gets better eventually.

usually more liquids/more Fiber helps bowel movements....within the immediate postOp period it is pretty typical to have decreased bowel motility. It took a couple weeks for my own to return....and with the decreased stimulus of large food bulk and trailing off the effect of heavy narcotics from surgery, the bowel may need a little extra help.

Ok I drink plenty of Water but with the protien requirements my doctor has put me on it is difficult at best to eat additional fiber. My Doc wants me to eat at lease 70g of fiber daily. I am supplimenting with protien drinks. I have found Monster Milk fives you the most bang with 50g of protien per serving. Remember do not use these suppliments as your sole source of protien. I have gotten accustomed to not Sh***ing as regularly as I uses to. As far as taking a leak I have no problem with the quantity of Water I drink daily. I usually have a bottle of water everywhere I go and sip through out the day. I do stop about 30 to 40 minutes before any meal and resume about the same amount of time. I have also become friendly with various laxitives (dulcolax, Miralax etc.) My wife gets on me about their use but try to pass a concrete liog and she will see :)

I am 17 months post op.

If the added weight sits on the bladder it could result in needing to use the bathroom more frequent...according to my doctor.

My question is about the preop liquid diet im afraid I'm not loosing weight out my liver isn't shrinking. Did anyone cheat during their preop?

I ate a couple meals in my 1 week pre op SlimFast diet. But I also was 250 and not really obese, just very over weight and getting worse. My doctor told me that the typical liquid diet period was 2 weeks but a week would be enough for me. The pre op liquid diet is just to reduce as much fat around your stomach as possible to allow for the surgeon to do his/her work I believe. And also to purge the stomach of solids?

I did a little cheat one time but started the preop diet 3 weeks prior and still ended up losing 23 lb