Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Men's Issues With Lap Band Surgery

Views
Started by shap, Nov 30, 2011 2:55 PM
11 replies to this topic
11 replies to this topic

shap

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Alan Geiss
  • Surgery Date: Jan 2012
  • Starting Weight: 325
  • Weight Lost: 52
  • Current Weight: 273
  • Goal Weight: 225
  • BMI: 37
Posted November 30, 2011 - 2:55 PM

I see that there has been no activity in this room for a week. Does anybody have anything they would like to bring to the table to discuss. Feel free bring up anything guy related.

shap

Posted December 1, 2011 - 6:53 AM

Ok I got a topic. Has anyone who has lost weight with the lapband noticed that they don't use the bathroom as much. I am mainly talking about taking a piss. Does the weight coming off help with stress incontinence.?

shap

Posted December 1, 2011 - 10:28 PM

Really no guys have anything to share,

jakealta

bandaide2

• Surgeon: Lilibeth Sanchez-geswaldo
  • Surgery Date: Oct 2010
  • Weight Lost: 107
  • Current Weight: 218
  • Goal Weight: 190
  • BMI: 33.1
Posted December 2, 2011 - 10:49 PM

Ok I got a topic. Has anyone who has lost weight with the lapband noticed that they don't use the bathroom as much. I am mainly talking about taking a piss. Does the weight coming off help with stress incontinence.?

I can't say that I experienced this. It was opposite for me. I would go much, much more after the surgery due to the increase in liquids. Are you drinking more liquids now?

I see you posted a few days ago and nothing. Why is it that women can easily talk about any and everything on these forums and we are less willing to share personal stuff? I guess it's our nature. It's a shame because we definitely could help one another.

Anyhow, I do have a subject and I'm sure I'll get little input. lol And my question is how does one, thru exercise, help get rid of man boobs. The chest seems to be the area that hangs on longer with weight loss. I've lost 115 lbs. and they are getting smaller but there must be an exercise that can help tone. I do some light weight lifting, however, I deal with a lot of scar tissue in my port area and heavy weight lifting causes the tissues to bulk up and causes severe pain, thus, I have to take it easy. Any ideas?

Colin

Advanced Member

• Surgery Date: Nov 2011
  • Starting Weight: 337 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 63 lbs
  • Current Weight: 274 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 225 lbs
  • BMI: 34.2
Posted December 11, 2011 - 12:15 AM

Pissing has not been a problem............but how about having a ****??? Not used to not going.............How about anyone else? I am 2 weeks post op.

jakealta

bandaide2

• Surgeon: Lilibeth Sanchez-geswaldo
  • Surgery Date: Oct 2010
  • Weight Lost: 107
  • Current Weight: 218
  • Goal Weight: 190
  • BMI: 33.1
Posted December 11, 2011 - 1:13 AM

I had to take Milk of Magnesia for awhile to help with this weeks after surgery as prescribed by my doc. Talk to you doc to make sure it is ok. It gets better eventually.

Jack

BariatricPal Host

• Surgery Date: Dec 2004
  • Weight Lost: 85 lbs
Posted December 16, 2011 - 9:06 AM

usually more liquids/more fiber helps bowel movements....within the immediate postOp period it is pretty typical to have decreased bowel motility. It took a couple weeks for my own to return....and with the decreased stimulus of large food bulk and trailing off the effect of heavy narcotics from surgery, the bowel may need a little extra help.

Blank

Novice

Posted May 4, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ok I drink plenty of water but with the protien requirements my doctor has put me on it is difficult at best to eat additional fiber. My Doc wants me to eat at lease 70g of fiber daily. I am supplimenting with protien drinks. I have found Monster Milk fives you the most bang with 50g of protien per serving. Remember do not use these suppliments as your sole source of protien. I have gotten accustomed to not Sh***ing as regularly as I uses to. As far as taking a leak I have no problem with the quantity of water I drink daily. I usually have a bottle of water everywhere I go and sip through out the day. I do stop about 30 to 40 minutes before any meal and resume about the same amount of time. I have also become friendly with various laxitives (dulcolax, miralax etc.) My wife gets on me about their use but try to pass a concrete liog and she will see :)

I am 17 months post op.

difa

Bariatric Guru

• Surgeon: Stanley Hoehn
  • Surgery Date: Jun 2012
  • Starting Weight: 265
  • Weight Lost: 20
  • Current Weight: 245
  • Goal Weight: 165
  • BMI: 35.2
  • My Blogs
Posted May 9, 2012 - 10:42 PM

If the added weight sits on the bladder it could result in needing to use the bathroom more frequent...according to my doctor.

Antwan

Advanced Member

Posted July 8, 2012 - 6:09 PM

My question is about the preop liquid diet im afraid I'm not loosing weight out my liver isn't shrinking. Did anyone cheat during their preop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply