Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do any of you eat like this?

Oh I forgot to share that I lost 43.5 lbs. in a little over 3 mths.

Every body is different. Some people do well with lots of healthy carbs, others don't.

I had the lapband almost two years ago because I couldn't lose the weight and keep it off. I understood I would have to have a diet of some sort because the lapband doesn't make people lose weight like the gastric bypass does.

I am in a wheelchair and have chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, so I have a few challenges. I can't get up and exercise like most people. So I have to keep my calories around 1000 and my carbs around 30. (not total carbs, I get to subtract Fiber from the total carbs.) :rolleyes:

I eat tons of veggies, but very little fruit. There are lots of healthy foods I love (like Beans and fruits) that I can't eat until I lose another 50 pounds. When I have pizza, I just eat the toppings and leave the crust. When I have a burger, I give my bun to my dog and just eat the insides.

Every two months, I have fun eating. :D I eat whatever I've been craving--ice cream, chips, french fries, Cookies, granola bars. For one week I indulge. Then I go back to low carbing it. That makes it easier to resist cravings. If I really want something, I just tell myself I will have it for Chritmas, or Easter.

I know I will have to eat low carb the rest of my life--not as low carb as now, maybe controlled carb is a better way to phrase it. But before, I couldn't lose weight and keep it off at all. With the band, the low carb way of eating is getting me to goal weight.

mindwing

I have also been told many plans. I decided to make my own plan that I can incorporate vegetables (plenty) and Protein it's goin really good and I am truly happy with this way of eating I don't eat bread rice or any refine sugars with that said I have one day where I splurge and I have one meal that has crackers because they do not expand as much as bread basmati rice and yams good luck

Finding what works for you is important. Being happy with your eating plan is good. It makes it easier to stick to it during those inevitable plateaus we run into. Sounds like you have found a winning solution.

I have also been told many plans. I decided to make my own plan that I can incorporate vegetables (plenty) and Protein it's goin really good and I am truly happy with this way of eating I don't eat bread rice or any refine sugars with that said I have one day where I splurge and I have one meal that has crackers because they do not expand as much as bread basmati rice and yams good luck

I think you will be so very successful in your weight loss, because you have a plan and your head on straight. Your what we are all aspiring to be! Congratulations!

There are hundreds of "plans" and "diets" ... They ALL work, for a time, don't they.... We all have the choice to do what works for us, individually with the band. Some people believe the Band will be a miracle just because its there. It won't. They talk about all the food they can't eat while still on the liquid diet right after surgery! Unbelievable because I thought the same.

Everyone will have free will after surgery. I can literally eat anything, now 4 months post op that I want, other than white soft bread and rice. I, like you, choose NOT to eat white crap and that includes sugar and salt. I have found if I want it, one or two bites is enough. That was one of the most important revelations about having the Band... It gave ME the control over how much I could shove in my mouth. I remember the binging and the guilt afterwards. Been there, done that, haven't we all? No more, and that's my choice.

Someone here on the forum hit it right on the head... "The band goes around your stomach, not your lips." None of us are kids and have choices in life. I chose the Band for many reasons, not just weight loss. I figured I wasn't going to go thru all of this, just to sabotage myself in the end by making constant bad choices.

i just tried to use common sense, as too many rules was too confusing. i was told to eat Protein 1st fruits and veggies 2nd, and if i had any room left over , carbs. i eat nuts or PB everyday, and include a little lo fat cheese 2-3 times a week. i have a cup of milk daily, and a little treat everyday. (skinny cow ice cream, or a cookie or 2).i dont like soda, alcohol, or fried foods, and eat fast food once a month, maybe. i think you're doing fine, and write in your logs what they want to see, but use good common sense in you daily eating habits. like they said, if it aint broke , dont fix it !!!

i been looking for a thread on dieting because i to am a bit confused. I am staying away from bad carbs as much as possible. Also i am not eating any fruit. I eat lots of meat even if they are high in cxalories like bacon. mmmm love bacon. I cant figure this out should i just stay away from processed foods and eat only meat fresh vegs and fruits? Or do i even need to diet? Should i just stay away from bread rice Pasta and potatoes like my dr said and everything else is ok to eat. protien first of course. I dont know what i am doing. So for the past week i have just been eating what i want including the rice pasta and potatoes but only a single bite of those. I love Cereal so is that ok to eat? i dont know this is alll just so hard to figure out. I just had my first fill 2 weeks ago and have little to know restriction. I can eat just about anything as long as i chew but if i forget i get stuck so does that mean i have restriction? I am also eating about 2 cups of food at a time. i eat 3 meals a day with 2 Snacks. is that normal?

HI!

I don't have any answers, either, but my surgeon has told me that my body is still programmed to store fat. He said if I eat carbs (which turn to glucose and glucogen), my body will burn those for energy. But if I eat a low carb diet, my body will start buring fat for energy.

He has shared a new cookbook called, Primal Cravings, which has some wonderful recipes in it! and bacon!

I had a delicious side salad, tonight, of baby kale rubbed with garlic, massaged with olive oil, sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese. Boy was that good!

Here is a link where you can find a whole bunch of recipes that will focus your body to burn fat:

http://www.health-bent.com/blog/primalcravings

With the Lap Band, I know there are some foods that give people problems, either digestive or swallowing. So each individual will have to listen to their own body to decide what might be helpful and what will not.

Hope this helps some!

~hiddn

I have a policy--eat food as close to what it is found in nature as possible. So meat, veggies, fruit and most dairy is fine. Processed food of any kind is a big caution flag--or maybe a red one. I eat Protein first, of course, then veggies, then maybe fruit. That said, our garden has been producing lots of fruit and I have heartily enjoyed it all summer. I have practically no fill because of health issues, and the fruits trigger my other carb cravings and I have been inhaling chocolate like there is no tomorrow. I have gained 30 lbs. So the sooner I get the fruit and grains out of my diet, the better for me. I don't know so many people think low carb means no veggies. I eat my meat first, then veggies. Or I make eggs with veggies or meat and veggie stir frys. I probable eat more veggies than the average American--not than vegans , of course.

Does anyone have a sample menu to follow that has worked for them?? I'm banded 7 years and am stuck started 215 down 180 need little help. Thank you