Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the seniors?

I was banded on March 12, 2012 and just went in for my second fill. I have a 13cc band and so far have 7cc put in. I can sure tell the difference with the second fill.

So far I have lost 24 lbs and feel I should have lost more. The Dr. told me to be patient that the weight will come off and so far I am doing great. Go back for my third fill on June 7th.

Karen,

Just wanted to let you know that you are the first person to wish me Happy Birthday this year! I will be 66. Double sixes -- that's the best number in many games.

So, you say, 62. Your profile says 63. Which is it? :rolleyes:

Haha! I do that a lot, senior moment! I will be 64 in 2 months. My birthday is July 24.

I was banded on March 12, 2012 and just went in for my second fill. I have a 13cc band and so far have 7cc put in. I can sure tell the difference with the second fill.

So far I have lost 24 lbs and feel I should have lost more. The Dr. told me to be patient that the weight will come off and so far I am doing great. Go back for my third fill on June 7th.

You are doing great! Congrats to you, your surgeon sounds agressive, that is good. Be careful, don't get your band too tight, remember to ask for a slight unfill if that happens. Best wishes. Karen

Pat, where are you in WA State? I'm in Longview. Is this helping with your Afib? I have it too and even a little excercise makes me very much out of breath. Do you still take meds for Afib? Hubby said I wouldn't have to eat because my meds would fill up my stomach. I would love to get rid of a bunch of them.

Deb

I'm 65 and started the diet June 26 (bmi 38) I don't know how to do the tracker yet, just learning to get around. I lost 11.5 lbs started at 236, now 225,5. trying to get to 154 i hope, I was 150 when I was younger until I had uterine cancer and had to have a hysteroctomy, then my weight went from 165 to 196 got married 2nd time was single 19 first husband abusive, but met my husband in church we are both born again, Retired because Bob had lung cancer then Father in Law died and I had to quite work to sell the house and take care of husband. Tried getting a job, but they only lasted a few months and then lost them, In my old city Middletown Ny I use to swim regularly. and when I live now YMCA or Gold's gym are 1 hour away. My hairdresser is going to let me use her communty pool when I can go swimming again., Had my surgery yesterday, had headache, gas pain in my shoulder, incisions hurt, but tolerable, also had extreme sore throat, but all that subside today, everything is good, on liquid diet until I see dr on Monday, today is Thurs, thinking of going to support group but it is 45 minutes away, not sure how I will fair driving that long, will try anyway. Glad to see other seniors, had the lapband, I feel like a new person, i purchased a bathing suit size 14, can't wait to be that size, I went from 2x to xl with 11 lb weight lost, so that was great I have a lot of xl siZes.

I want to welcome you again. It sounds like you are doing pretty good for an "old Gal". We are as young as we feel, and you said you feel good, so you are 65 years young! I started this process when I was 60 and have had my lapband almost 3 years. We have a great group of folks here on both the 60's group and the whole forum. Best wishes to you, Karen

Out 7 mo from WLS.. and getting my sexy back lol- good days n bad, sometimes lack energy... but so much healthier that what i used to be,,, with all the ups and downs... glad I got it done. IF i will lose 30 more lbs by April when I turn 60,,, I will be estatic!

I hope this group is not dead (smile turning 60, and would like to join. I had my surgery in oct 2010 after I had a total knee replacement just now really starting to excerise, I also had a tummy tuck/lipo in june 2012. So, I do have plenty of questions on fills and other stuff... Thanks

I see this forum isn't very active in posting, but I'm hoping that will change. I am 63 with lots of health issues, but am being banded on Monday, 9/24/12! I can't wait, and I am looking forward to a new life. I've had both hips and both knees replaced, am diabetic, have osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and chronic pancreatitis and I still believe this surgery will make all the difference in the world! So, here's to the 24th!

Best wishes to you Carrie. We all have been there. I did not have all your problems, but I had many. I am currently drug free, except for a few Vitamins. I was taking about 5 a day, and my blood pressure I was taking a 20 mil pill. It isn't a miracle cure. It took about 2 years for me to come completely off my blood pressure meds. IT IS WORTH IT!!!Good luck, and join us on other groups, too! Karen

I see this forum isn't very active in posting, but I'm hoping that will change. I am 63 with lots of health issues, but am being banded on Monday, 9/24/12! I can't wait, and I am looking forward to a new life. I've had both hips and both knees replaced, am diabetic, have osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and chronic pancreatitis and I still believe this surgery will make all the difference in the world! So, here's to the 24th!

Yes, it will make a differance, I have been losing and walking get around much better. I had one knee done went from a 22 to a 16, down to a 14 now after a Tummy Tuck, and I feel GREAT.... I too have a lot of illness, but they have not been a issues.. Good luck and welcome to the group lets keep it active I just joined myself......

Pre-op appointment is this AM - not looking forward to the weigh-in, as I know I've gained since last visit. Hope I don't get scolded too much!

Well, you are in pre-op, so you should be okay. Have you had your pre-surgery dieting yet? Most of us have to go through a 2 week liquid diet to shrink the liver. Best wishes to you. I come on here to check it out every now and then. But, usually the last message is from me! Karen

Hey Karen, thanks for your note. My surgery is Monday, and nothing was said about the weight gain. I'm all set to go. I didn't have to have the liquid diet or a pre-surgery diet, so guess I was pretty lucky. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

I see this forum isn't very active in posting' date=' but I'm hoping that will change. I am 63 with lots of health issues, but am being banded on Monday, 9/24/12! I can't wait, and I am looking forward to a new life. I've had both hips and both knees replaced, am diabetic, have osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and chronic pancreatitis and I still believe this surgery will make all the difference in the world! So, here's to the 24th![/quote']

Congratulations on beginning your New Life. You most likely are not feeling too great today, but it soon will be a distant memory. I also was taking handfuls of pills every day, had a knee replaced, diabetic, zero energy, high blood pressure. Two months later, I'm off all the Rx's. I had about a total of 100 Lbs. to lose when I started. It will be slow losing even with the band, but slow and steady is the way I gained all the weight and that is the way I need to lose it to KEEP it off. I wish you the very best of good lick. Oh, I'm a Young 69! ;)))