Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please share your experiences.

Thank you!!

They are amazing at SWLC. They really seem to care about each patient. The doctor actually sat with me while I was making my decision.

Thank you!!

Both Dr Mumford and Dr Coburn are great...Dr Coburn has an AWESOME bedside manor and is a very caring, hard working Dr.

I had a very positive experiance with the SWLC for both my surgery and all the folow up. I still talk to the nurses often and the dietician. They are all very quick to respond and very encouraging.

Best of luck!

I am in the decision making process and so far Dr. Colburn is winning hands down compared to the other 2 clinics I've spoken to. Now we need to meet him face to face with my hubby to get the full feel.

All the best on your surgery - I cant wait to hear the after story.

Once you meet him face to face you and your husband will make your decision quickly. Do let me know ho it goes. He's such a kind compassionate man

So did you choose? Where/when did you have surgery?

I highly recommend SWLC, I was banded July 13 2010, I have lost 70lbs, My fill nurse noticed My port flipped, In December I happen to be in Toronto, I took a chance I could see a nurse at SWLC, she had an opening, she concurred , I was heading back up North the next day, Dr. Coburn tried my cell phone and left a message, it was too late in the day to return his call, HE called at 9;30 IN THE EVENING ... to schedule

a day to fix me up !!! I just had it fixed... They are a wonderful supportive group of people.

Just bought my pre op shakes and had my pre op check list with Kim - Im a bit nervous but excited too. They are really great.

Hi all

just wnated to thank all of your posts as I was planning to have the suegery with Dr Colburn in Feb 15th then I postpond it as I am breastfeeding and I decided I will do it when I am done with teh breastfeeding.. So I am glad that I came across this post for more engouragment...

Hi all

it is me again.. I just have a question regarding the clinic.. when I had the consltation I have been told that I can fill unfill as much as I need for lifetime.. then within the contract that they send me to sign there are two things that I am not sure of

1st that they r availabe for support for 5 years and adjustment is subject be be chageged.. yes it is for free for 5 years still they have the right to charge us.. second then it is not a liftime adjustment and after care support then it is only 5 years

2nd they said that the revision and complication of the surgery is covered by OHIP as is for today.. okay since I am in the medical feild I know that regulations keep changing everyday in the heath ssytem so if later it is not covered what will happen?!!

Anyone can help me on those two things?!

The Surgical Weight Loss Centre reserves the right to charge patients for counseling and band adjustments

beginning five years after the date of surgery. Any complications that result from

Here is teh wording in the contract I was wring about teh right for adjustment charge it is basiclaly after 5 years they have the right to charge us and the OHIP thing

Adjustable Gastric Band

Surgery

that require revision surgery, hospitalization, or hospital visits are currently covered by Provincial

Health Plans and do not involve extra costs to the patient. These policies are determined by provincial

government policy and are subject to change.

Once the band is in its in. OHIP would never deny you help if you are having problems with it.

When the band is in OHIP kicks in. I had a slip and had to have it fixed. There was no out of pocket fee.

As for the 5 year limit...it's in the contract and therefore enforceable if needed, they did tell me about it up front but also mention that to date they've never charged someone whose had it longer than 5 years. You have to think though, post 5 years...you're not going to be going in for the umber of fills you do in the first year

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago with Dr. Woo in Vancouver. All my experiences have been great with SWLC. They are always attentive and very quick to respond to any questions or concerns.