Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. My name is Scott, I am 37 years old, I had my lap band surgery on Aug 18th. The gas was no joke but I am getting around pretty good now, even mowed my front yard. I have 3 kids, my son is 3, and my two daughters are 4 and 6. I have been married for 11 years to a great wife, who had gastric bypass 18 months ago and has lost 170lbs (talk about setting the bar high!). My starting weight was 410, I currently am weighing in a 361lbs, so one shy of 50 :) I worked hard over the last 9 months while getting approved and look forward to having the band to help me get the next 100 off.

Drinking 2 Protein Shakes, and 3 cans of Soup blended up a day. Im on full liquid another 6 days and hopefully I can go to mushies ( I miss cottage cheese, I got to hate it on pre-op diet but now I miss it).

Good lucky everyone!

Hi my name is Kaci I had my surgery on august 18. I am 25 and I'm married with 2 boys ages 3&4. I lost ten pounds befor surgery not sure what I'm at now. I have my first post op appt on 9/2 excited to see what my weights at. I've been pretty hungry the last few days kinda moved myself to mushies. I'm so ready to be on regular food. It's not natural to go this long with out chewing.

Hi A11 Bandsters! My name is Josie and I'm divorced with two adult chldren. I started with a size 18 at 221 lbs before surgery. I was banded yesterday morning. Was hoping to leave same day, but do to the anethisia needed to stay overnight. II had nasuea and was very dizzy.

Now that I'm home I 'm just soo gassy and can't pass gas. My stomach feels like is about to explode. I wanted to know if any of you started taking Gas-X. They also gave me oxycodone, but even when I cut it in 4 pieces it gets stuck. So I've been taking Tylenol PM less side effects for me. I need to get used to this new tool

I wish everyone the best of luck.

I was banded August 25, 2011, I am married, no kids...hoping to try once I have lost all of my weight!

I am now 2 1/2 weeks post surgery. Most of the time I feel fantastic now, and tend to forget that I even had surgery. But then I overdo it and find myself incapacitated with pain. I did that just today while preparing for the hurricane. It hurts my lower left abdomen now to even walk.

The good news though, is that I have started to lose weight again. I stalled out for about 10 days, and now I have lost 2 pounds since Thursday.

Hi! I was banded on the 22nd. It went really well and I'm happy I made this choice for myself. My starting weight was 239 and I lost 9 pounds this first week. I'm not married and don't have children (hopefully someday!) I have to train myself to stop gulping because I get air bubbles and they are so uncomfortable. :( I am a little confused about what is considered a healthy balance of fats, Proteins and carbs. I seem to be all over in my food log.

I'm starting to get really bitchy/depressed. I've been Hungry for real food the last 3 days and to top it off my son elbowed me in my port area like a million times today so now I'm sore all over again. Did anyone else's doc make them do lovonox injections? I haven't seen anyone mention it. But I'm really tired of getting a shot every day. I'm usually a pretty positive person but I'm really over this.

I didnt do the gas x until day 3 post op not sure why i waited soLong but they were a huge relief. Walking also helped tremendously with the gas.

lHi A11 Bandsters! My name is Josie and I'm divorced with two adult chldren. I started with a size 18 at 221 lbs before surgery. I was banded yesterday morning. Was hoping to leave same day, but do to the anethisia needed to stay overnight. II had nasuea and was very dizzy.

Now that I'm home I 'm just soo gassy and can't pass gas. My stomach feels like is about to explode. I wanted to know if any of you started taking Gas-X. They also gave me oxycodone, but even when I cut it in 4 pieces it gets stuck. So I've been taking Tylenol PM less side effects for me. I need to get used to this new tool

I wish everyone the best of luck.

Btw they gave me hydrocodone in a liquid form it was easy to take and made me feel a lot mor comfortable especially sleeping at night.

I also was prescribed liquid for my pain killer (loratab).

My surgeon also prescribed the lovanox injections, one per day in my abdomen. I have a healthy collection of bruises, looking forward to the last one tomorrow.

I should have never read what it was made from, I think it made it harder to do them. It helps prevent blood clots.

Gas-x chewable tablets helped me out a ton with the stomach gas!

I started mushies on yesterday (friday), I think I did poorly already. I think I had too much potatos, I am just having a hard time eating puree (baby food like texture). I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with food selections, getting Protein, etc. I am afraid to step on the scale for fear of gaining weight. OMG..............I will be one of the those that fail!! Sorry I just had a moment or two. (I will tune in tomorrow with hopefully a more positive post) :unsure:

Hey just checking in. 2 weeks post op here. Tonight was my first night back to work. I'm a RN on a busy step down unit. I actually feel great! I'm down 15lbs since the surgery. I really haven't had any problems since the surgery except, I was allergic to the steri strips talk about an itchy mess! My surgeon prescribed some kenalog cream and my tummy looks so much better. I finally to the mushy stage, and the hunger pangs are gone...sticking to mostly Protein so I'm still consistently loosing. I get my first fill Sept 7. I hope everyone is hanging in there!

Hello fellow August banders! My name is Rachel. I am 32 years old. My highest weight was 282lbs and I wore a size 24. I am happily married to my best friend for 12 years now. He is a Staff Sergeant in United States Army and that makes me an even prouder American. We have 4 beautiful babies, Jordan(girl, 10), Gabriel(boy, 5) Cadence(girl, 4) and Matthew(boy 2). These kids and my husband are my world!! I am originally from Ohio and I miss but we are stationed here and Kansas and the home is where the army sends you. I am 6 days post op(banded on the 23rd) I am feeling WONDERFUL. I have a slight pains here and there but doing well and haven't touched the pain meds. I found I lost 25lbs during the 2 week pre-op diet so needless to say I was stoked and even more motivated. Hope everyone is doing well and healing up well.

Hi again! I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Debbie and glad to join the group. Could anyone tell me about Protein? Is it ok to exceed the 54 grams my doctor told me to stick to?