Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Weight loss after 5 years post Lap Band surgery

Views
Started by PAH, Jul 20, 2011 6:09 PM
5 replies to this topic
5 replies to this topic

PAH

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Andrew Averbach
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2006
  • Starting Weight: 203
  • Weight Lost: 93
  • Current Weight: 110
  • Goal Weight: 125
  • BMI: 20.1
Posted July 20, 2011 - 6:09 PM

I had lab band surgery on July 13, 2006. Started at 203 lbs and maintained 125 - 130 lbs every since; however, in the last 6 monthis I have come down to 110 lbs without even trying. Just don't feel like eating. The doctors want me to gain weight. I know this is a different question. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to gain weight? I had my band loosened and started working out at the gym in hopes to gain muscle.

banditarian

Novice

• Starting Weight: 330 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 55 lbs
  • Current Weight: 275 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 245 lbs
  • BMI: 34.4
Posted July 20, 2011 - 6:25 PM

Eat lots and lots of ice cream Ben and Jerry Boston Cream Pie. One pint is like 1000 CALs.

Mimilou2004

Posted July 20, 2011 - 6:39 PM

Unexplained weight loss is not a good symptom....may I ask how old you are and if you are or were a smoker?
There are some new regular ppl breakfast shakes out there at the grocery store and have a nice amount of calories and protein to be just the thing for you to try. They are pretty tasty sinners delight, LOL.
Best wishes,
Mimi

Rachel412

determinate, de-de-terminate

• Surgeon: Michael Jiser
  • Surgery Date: Apr 2011
  • Starting Weight: 282
  • Weight Lost: 78
  • Current Weight: 204
  • Goal Weight: 199
  • BMI: 31.9
Posted July 20, 2011 - 6:41 PM

I bet Jachut would have some good advice for you. My advice is to choose foods that are high in good fats. Protein shakes made with whole milk, smoothies made with whole milk yogurt, guacamole with fresh avocados, a spoonful of peanut butter as you walk through the kitchen.

In some ways I think your challenge is harder than losing weight. Sending you some support!

aliciab

Expert Member

• Surgeon: Vafa Shayani
  • Surgery Date: Jan 2012
  • Starting Weight: 232
  • Weight Lost: 24
  • Current Weight: 208
  • Goal Weight: 175
  • BMI: 33.6
  • My Blogs
Posted July 20, 2011 - 8:28 PM

It can be a serious problem. I like Rachel412's ideas. Try and add healthy fats to your diet through full fat dairy products and nuts, seeds etc. Also i would make sure that your blood work is current to rule out any unknow causes of the weight loss.

overthemoon00

Advanced Member

• Surgery Date: May 2011
  • Starting Weight: 252 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 21 lbs
  • Current Weight: 231 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • BMI: 40.9
Posted July 20, 2011 - 8:57 PM

I think you should go to your PCP so they can do a full workup on you. If you lost weight like this w/o the band w/o trying, that would be a red flag and your docotors would search for a reason. If you have been doing the same thing for years, maintaining your weight and then all of a sudden loose 20+ lbs, that is just not right. I am not trying to be an alarmist and Im sure your fine, but I think it would be smart to pursue this.... Good Luck!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics