Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Learn how to spell

Wow, I guess the anger never goes away. It's really easy to fix this horrible problem with other posters. Stop reading them. You never know, maybe they are not as educated as you assume yourself to be.

I find the whole OP completely rude, and lacking any taste what so ever.

How about someone post on how to be tactful.

Lol, people get very offended by this topic dont they?

Since i got an ipad and smart phone, the quality of my typing in here has taken a nosedive! Cant type on either!

I got caned recently on here for starting a thread on the Atkins diet. I cant stand having my carb eating ways berated by someone who keeps saying Adkins! Sheesh, thats not diversity and Im not being myopic, thats just plain stoooopid! How can you claim to be an expert on a diet when you cant even say or spell the name correctly.

Never mind, i got put back in my pkace and called a perfectionist.

The one which made me laugh the other day was when someone used "Walla". Now what may you ask is Walla? The way it was used I think they meant Voila, which admittedly is a French word so a lot of people may not be able to spell it, but if you want to use foreign words you should at least have some idea of how they are spelt!

I have probably misspelled a lot of things but i dont have a computer and im using a touch screen that doesnt have a way to set it to my touch so i hit alot of things i didnt intend to and once ive typed it it doesnt like to let me adjust plus my swype has a lot of things misspelled which makes no since.. So my bad on all that but this is the internet people are going to use abbreviations and stuff plus a lot of times i check mine when i have just a minute or two and i see something that i think my input may be helpful so i just jot something small down and to the point

I just had to comment on "walla". I would never have guessed it. I agree, if you don't know how to spell a foreign word, don't use it! I would have gone back and checked the spelling before using the word. I have brought up another browser many times to do the spelling checks. Most of my spelling errors are becaue I don't proofread before sending, so I get a lot of teh, and the like! Sorry for any mis-spellings on my part. Karen

I relize this is a rant and rave section so you can say what you like. I just think you should remember this is a site we all came to because we needed comfort and support. We have all been looked down on for being over weight and made fun of and most of us have some form of self esteem issues. Now here you are finding another way to bring people down.

This is an internet forum not a formal letter to the president. If im having a band issue and someone posts a response thats helpful to me i could care less if they added caps and periods or used your instead of you're.

Actually, you are completely right, it is simply another way of bringing people down.

But its human nature. Things others do annoy us or we find them funny and feel the need to comment. This is an appropriate place and its just unfortunate anyone can read it. Nobody is politically correct all the time.

People dont all get the same opportunities in life. People dont all have the same type of intelligence. Writing with poor grammar is not really funny, but misusing phrases for which the meaning is commonly known or professing to be an expert on a diet you cant actually spell IS stupid. Its easily avoided.

My affliction is my spatial sense. I cant reverse my car, I cant parallel park, if there is anobstacle I will most likely hit it, and if I have to read a map, it is guaranteed I will get lost. I cant even teach scale and mapreading to my sixth graders, I have to get one of the smart kids to explain it for me. Truly, Im of normal intelligence but in that sense, I am a complete moron and I dont really mind others laughing at it, although I will get stressed and embarrassed if I have to perform one of those functions in front of others. Like the time my brother in law wanted me to reverse a boat down the ramp!

I don't care how one opts to slice it, there is NO excuse for being so vile and rude.

There is no excuse to "make fun of someone" simply because they are not up to par in spelling for the OP. And the people supporting the OP are supporting the gang/bully mentality and acting like this particular forum is an excuse for it, being that it's called "rants and raves". Don't you believe "rants and raves" just might pertain to the subject of the entire forum, rants about the LAP BAND and daily struggles? Not about your own personal opinion about someones IQ to make you feel better about yourself by the pat's on the back from other cyber bullies. Who wants to have those kind of friends?

It may be called "Rants and Raves", but it isn't called "bully thy neighbor". You know that when you point a finger at someone, there are always 3 pointed right back at you.

It's an immature post and I would be willing to bet the OP is very young and doesn't fully understand that words hurt. I am sure that she has been called fat in her life, so it may be instilled to attack back. I just hope she learns something from this.

Actually the rants and raves section is a totally off topic section of the website. A lot of us have grown to know and like each other since joining LBT and we like to discuss things other than the Lap Band. In the rants and raves section nothing is sacrosant. You can feel free to discuss politics, religion , in fact anything that you wish to rant or rave about.

Whilst we might all aspire to be perfect , most of us are not. Political correctness is not normal human behaviour, it is something that has been thrust on us. None of us would condone anything that was hateful or racist etc but if we wish to pick on a thing that annoys us that is fine. We are picking on the thing, not on a person. Most of us know that feeling this way about certain things is silly or irrational but we cannot help the way we feel.

So if these threads offend your sensibilities then the best thing to do is stay out of this area, and be very careful too if you wander into the powder room gone wild section. You could of course always start your own rant & rave .

Maybe

I hate people that pick on silly spelling mistakes? :)

My affliction is my spatial sense. I cant reverse my car, I cant parallel park, if there is anobstacle I will most likely hit it, and if I have to read a map, it is guaranteed I will get lost.

I think we might be related. I haven't parallel parked my car since I got my licence.

Actually the rants and raves section is a totally off topic section of the website. A lot of us have grown to know and like each other since joining LBT and we like to discuss things other than the Lap Band. In the rants and raves section nothing is sacrosant. You can feel free to discuss politics' date=' religion , in fact anything that you wish to rant or rave about.

Whilst we might all aspire to be perfect , most of us are not. Political correctness is not normal human behaviour, it is something that has been thrust on us. None of us would condone anything that was hateful or racist etc but if we wish to pick on a thing that annoys us that is fine. We are picking on the thing, not on a person. Most of us know that feeling this way about certain things is silly or irrational but we cannot help the way we feel.

So if these threads offend your sensibilities then the best thing to do is stay out of this area, and be very careful too if you wander into the powder room gone wild section. You could of course always start your own rant & rave .

Maybe

I hate people that pick on silly spelling mistakes? :)[/quote']

I heart you! Lol

Somehow, I manged to avoid it even then! I did four left turns and that was it, lol.

Now my son has refused to let me teach him to drive.

Hey if being a cyber bully and being a jerk makes your day, then I guess go for it. I wasn't in the "rant's" section. Unfortunately I had to see this nonsense spewed under recent posts.

Go ahead, you have to live inside your own self, and that, with that attitude is punishment in and of itself. Obviously there are some people that know the OP wasn't just talking about random spelling and see the finger pointing. Don't kid yourself to make yourself feel better. Some of you appear way to stubborn.

Just makes me laugh thinking that you too, probably had to go through much of your life ridiculed, or wondering if that person whispering on the corner was talking about you being fat. Same thing, but think what you like. Typical ignorance.

Go on back and enjoy being the mean girls. The title suits.

Hey if being a cyber bully and being a jerk makes your day' date=' then I guess go for it. I wasn't in the "rant's" section. Unfortunately I had to see this nonsense spewed under recent posts.

Go ahead, you have to live inside your own self, and that, with that attitude is punishment in and of itself. Obviously there are some people that know the OP wasn't just talking about random spelling and see the finger pointing. Don't kid yourself to make yourself feel better. Some of you appear way to stubborn.

Just makes me laugh thinking that you too, probably had to go through much of your life ridiculed, or wondering if that person whispering on the corner was talking about you being fat. Same thing, but think what you like. Typical ignorance.

Go on back and enjoy being the mean girls. The title suits.[/quote']

Radar...you're starting to sound like the "mean girls" you loath...it's a fine line now, isn't it.

not even close. My mind is clear. But continue on. Karma.