Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

How many cc's per fill?

Views
Started by HotMama24, May 13, 2011 9:05 AM
4 replies to this topic
4 replies to this topic

HotMama24

Expert Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted May 13, 2011 - 9:05 AM

I haven't been to the doctor for a fill in over a year. Our insurance changed and then I had a baby (was able to eat a ton due to not being restricted much at all) so I never had an unfill.

I am having to pay for fills out of pocket now and my doctor will only do .5ccs at at time, when I'm paying $150 each time I want to get my money's worth and don't want to go back all the time. Is this common? Or is my doc on the more conservative side?

Thanks!

christine1182

• Surgery Date: Mar 2010
  • Height: 5 feet 6 inches
  • Current Weight: 227 lbs
  • BMI: 36.6
Posted May 13, 2011 - 9:30 AM

Thank goodness I don't have your doctor....he is ripping you off. My doctor charges$80.00 for a fill and he will put in as much or as little as needed.

HotMama24

Expert Member

Posted May 13, 2011 - 9:52 AM

Seriously?? My problem is that I'm not sure if I can get a fill with someone else that didn't do my surgery, you know?

christine1182

• Surgery Date: Mar 2010
  • Height: 5 feet 6 inches
  • Current Weight: 227 lbs
  • BMI: 36.6
Posted May 13, 2011 - 10:51 AM

I had my surgery in mexico and I go to a lap band dr. in New Jersey. You can try calling around and see if any lap band dr. in your area will see you as a patient. It took me calling several dr. but I was able to find one that would see me here in the states.

B-52

Bariatric Legend

• Surgery Date: Jan 2011
Posted May 13, 2011 - 7:06 PM

Wow, that's rough.

My first fill was 4cc's, second was 2 cc's, and 3rd was 2cc's, 8cc's total. Each fill was exactly one month apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates