Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Always hungry!!!

I had my surgery in July of last year, and I am currently at about 45lbs lost (which is a little disappointing to me, but oh well!). I have 9.5cc's in a 14cc band and the last few weeks I have been starving!! I mean, I just had a Protein Bar for Breakfast an hour ago and I am hungry again. I just have the urge to snack all the time! Has anyone else gone through this? It is bery frustrating, as I was really hoping to be much furthur along weight loss wise at this point, and I have a feeling I am going to put weight on soon if I don't get a handle on this.

One of the reasons I got the band was due to constant hunger. Unfortunately, I did have to have my band removed due to a related complication (phrenic nerve pain) *BUT* discovered the source of my 'hunger'...and the solution. This may not be true for you, but it's worth a try, no?

First, I'd get rid of the Protein bars and go back to real food. Many contain maltodextrin which cause blood sugar spikes (and ultimately the physical cravings/hunger that follow). Even if they don't, that sweet taste sets up a craving for more sweets. On top of which, they're usually high in calories, high in carbs and do little to stop the hunger.

I eat a diet that is low carb (under 30gm), moderate Protein (30%) and high fat (60%). I've made a few changes recently and am using olive oil in place of butter since there are so many good benefits from olive oil but I do use full fat blue cheese dressing on my salads. A typical day looks like this:

B: 2 eggs, 2 sl bacon (maybe...sometimes it's just the eggs)

L&D: 3-4 oz protein, 1/2-1 cup vegies

I make sure to drink at least 20 oz of liquids (tea, coffee or water) between meals and in the evening. It keeps me from feeling fatigued.

I don't eat grains, fruits or starches since they spike my blood sugar and cause those feelings of hunger.

Just food for thought.

You may want to have a breakfast of better food. I'd been feeling hungrier lately on and off and I think I've figured it was on the days I didn't really eat breakfast. Every so often I would wake up a little late and I was like I'll just wait til lunch to eat and just have maybe a WW string cheese or nothing at all, and I think it is those days I've been hungrier. Basically everyday my breakfast is 1/2 cup egg beaters scrambled with ff shredded cheese mixed in and 2-4 slices Oscar meyer ready cooked bacon. Though this morning I just had the eggs and cheese. So maybe try a better breakfast. I really was starting to think I needed my first fill but I'm going to be trying this theory out til my next appointment

Thanks guys. I usually eat a bit of a better breakfast, but I found that eggs are no longer my friend, as they tend to get stuck. I will look into maybe a Fiber filled ceral, or perhap some oatmeal in the mornings instead. I just hate the fact that I want to snack so much. I am going to get some higher protein/less carb filled things also, and give that a try. I was hoping that I had reached my "sweet" spot with this last fill, but that does not seem to be the case.

What about evening snacking? Most mornings I eat 2 eggs with cheese sometimes I have 2/3 slices of turkey bacon or I will have oatmeal (that doesn't fill me much, I am hungry again in 2 hours). lunch is normally chicken and salad. dinner the same meat and vegetable. I drink plenty of liquids in between. But around 8:00 p.m. I need to munch on something. Like some type of salty chips. I try and eat 100 cal. Snacks. I just feel I need a little snack. I was losing real good, but now seem to be plateauing. I have lost 72 lbs in 7 months. I am also trying to exercise more. I really hate exercising. Any suggestions for that night time snacking?

What about evening snacking? Most mornings I eat 2 eggs with cheese sometimes I have 2/3 slices of turkey bacon or I will have oatmeal (that doesn't fill me much, I am hungry again in 2 hours). lunch is normally chicken and salad. dinner the same meat and vegetable. I drink plenty of liquids in between. But around 8:00 p.m. I need to munch on something. Like some type of salty chips. I try and eat 100 cal. Snacks. I just feel I need a little snack. I was losing real good, but now seem to be plateauing. I have lost 72 lbs in 7 months. I am also trying to exercise more. I really hate exercising. Any suggestions for that night time snacking?

Pork rinds - lots of Protein and no carbs. I can eat them fine. Not many but I can eat them okay. When I really want a crunch that is what I turn to.

Thanks, I will try that. Hope they are not greasy.

Pork rinds - lots of Protein and no carbs. I can eat them fine. Not many but I can eat them okay. When I really want a crunch that is what I turn to.

I just discovered a new snack food. They're called "pop chips". They're potato chips but they aren't fried or baked. They use heat and pressure and they pop, kind of like popcorn. 120 calories per serving (23 chips). 4g of fat and 20 carbs. I eat them with salsa. Makes a great low cal nighttime snack.

I went in today and got a fill, and the nurse said that this happens occasionally. She said with my last fill, there may have been some back pressure and it did not fill as much as we thought. I now should have pretty close to 10cc's in there, so I am hoping this does the trick. The dr. also said that the fact that I got a 14cc band, (she didn't do my surgery), and I "only" had about 80lbs total to lose, means that my weight loss is going to start slowing down a lot faster than someone who had more weight to lose than I do. Anywho...I am going to try some of the things people have posted on here and see if it, plus the new fill, helps!