Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure if other people are against this or not, while I don't take it for dieting, I take an ephedra pill right before I work out. Just to get my heart rate up a little more to burn more calories. The bottle says take 2-3 a day, like I said I only take one rightbefore I work out and it gets my HR up a little higher. I had tried a different one prior to thif

Jess, I thought ephedra was banned by the FDA. I think is illegal for it to be sold in the US since 2008 (or maybe 2006). Be careful with that stuff!

There are sites online to get it. I knew someone would bring it up. As long as you drink enough to stay hydrated and stuff it's fine. I drink a lot when I work out. 32 oz while working out and 32 oz after

Jess, I thought ephedra was banned by the FDA. I think is illegal for it to be sold in the US since 2008 (or maybe 2006). Be careful with that stuff!

It is banned but can be purchased/imported here. I've seen others use it successfully though it needs to be taken in moderation and shouldn't be taken for a long period of time. I've also seen people do what is known as an EC stack (ephedra + caffeine) to help boost the heart rate during exercise.

It works but I can't say it's the safest. Good old intense exercise works for me.

Like I said I don't take it as directed because I know the risks. Also I tried the one with caffeine before and it makes me feel very weird so I don't take that one anymore

I have taken a number of things Prozac, Welbutrin, Topamax, adipex and one other I can't remember off hand.

Topamax was amazing for control of binge eating however the side effects are intense excessive thirst, loss of words when forming sentences etc. I got off it once and once you get off and start it back it really doesn't have the same effect.

Prozac is great helped me with eating centered obsessive thought patterns. Welburin gave me an all over sense of well being and optimism.

The combination of the three helped me lose down to 190 at one point but then a horse riding accident derailed me and depression, self loathing etc snowballed from there and I find myself where I am now.

The Adipex has been working really well for me and I do not have the need to eat unnecessarily.

I am coming to the end of my Physician Supervised weight loss and plan to get banded as soon as I get the approval.

i have also had experience with ECA stacking and the use of Clenbuterol. It works. I would not recommend the use though. I have been on both sides of the eating disorder coin - from an extremely fit physical fitness trainer who worked out 6 hours a day to what I am today. I have come to grips with a lot of my issues and know I am a work in progress but I probably won't be taking any more meds after banding.

From a medical stand point I would stay away from appetite suppressants and anything similar. I would advise you to think about products like Alli (orlistat). This can help you significantly reduce your caloric intake. The down side...DO NOT pass any gas. It can get ugly. To try and prevent this as much as possible, stick with the 60mg version. My patients have told me that this dosage significantly reduces the side effects.

Best of luck...

anyone taking the HGC shot?

I have lost a total of 168 lbs. 79 of those on my own since Jan of 2000........89 since my band in April of 2010 and now I just want to loose 25 more. I have been stuck for over 4 months.....I really am OK with weighing 189 after once being 357 but, I really just need a few more pounds to fit into a size XL shirt, (I have no boobs, legs or butt, just a big trunk). So on Monday I started the GNC 7 day Total Lean program.....I went ahead and bought the 14 day transformation system that you follow it up with...Lots of Vitamins to take in the morning....along with the shake....I really like the shakes too. Two shakes per day. There is a detox drink you drink at night....it finally did its thing this morning (If ya know what I mean). The 14 day kit has a packet of AM and PM Vitamins (really big vitamins) ....YIKES! :o plus the 2 shakes per day. I feel as though I have more energy....I am staying off the scale until Monday morning.....I still tend to reward myself with food when the scale moves in the right direction and especially on the weekends.....I really hope to be first in line when they release that "Brain Band". :D

Stagegirl :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say that I was hoping that I wouldn't ever need to even think about taking another diet pill again after I got banded, After seeing all these posts, I guess that isn't always the case huh?

The down side...DO NOT pass any gas. It can get ugly.

hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

I needed that laugh this morning. Thanks!

I just wanted to say that I was hoping that I wouldn't ever need to even think about taking another diet pill again after I got banded, After seeing all these posts, I guess that isn't always the case huh?

I'm with you. I just couldn't deal anymore with having to worry about it.

Julia

If some of the people in here are on diet pill then why in the world did you even bother getting the Band? Diet pills are dangerous, even if your under a Dr care. They can cause your blood pressure to elevate to the point of stroke or heart attack. As some one said they mess your

metabolisum up something terrible. They can make you irritable, palpations, diet pills are a big money making thing , even if you buy them at a store,on the street, or a Dr office. Im in the medical field and work at a office where they have tons of weight loss patients. And about 20 yrs ago i was one of them. Its a good fix for the time you are on them but you ALWAYS regain the weight.. Sorry but i have nothing good to say about them..

Personally I would never take Alli.