Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone ever regret the surgery

I have a lot of friends that have the band and the only ones I know that regretted it weeks months or years later are the ones that didn't do the right things and they either caused complications or it wasn't as successful as it should have or found have been.

I am scheduled for my band on December 21st. Before I started my pre-op diet I had some of my favorite things and said goodbye to them. They were dear to me at one point in my life but now I want to Celebrate all the new possibilities

Allow yourself time to adjust not only to the changes in your eating but to the changes in thinking and the priorities that you are choosing to change. Good luck on your journey.

No regrets. You go through ups and downs. At times I felt deprived and at other times empowered by the ability to lose weight steadily without being hungry. You learn to adjust to this new life. Wait til you can go shopping or take long walks or runs with your kids. You must learn to listen to your body as you go through adjustments, this I am learning what too much restriction can do to your health. No regrets.

I'm getting banded Jan. 17 and am so excited about it that I can't imagine regretting it. I know the weight will come off and I have to work hard for it, but I'm not focused on the scale. I want to fit in a seat at the movies, walk up stairs without losing my breath, walk downstairs without my knees hurting, shop for clothes in a fashionable store, go hiking in the mountains...the list is endless. I gave birth seven years ago. I don't believe this can be any harder than that.

Not me. It was all for the better in my life and controlling my new health.

never--------this time last year, i could hardly walk and now i am a totally different person, this surgery gave me myself back and a more positive attitude and outlook on life. i wanted to be able to push my baby granddaughter around the block in her stroller because i couldnt a mere 6 months ago. But i can now......life is great.

Just had the band done yesterday (4/5/11)- cried since I got to my room. Keep telling myself I should have joined Weight Watchers again! Did anyone else feel this way. or am I insane? I'm nervous that I dont know what to eat.

At first i was feeling the same way. I was crying and praying and saying lord what did i do to myself. Now since i last some weight i know it was best for me.

I had serious regrets 2-3 months after my surgery.....felt no restriction, was not loosing the weight as I thought...I actually gained weight after my first fill.

They kept reminding me about counting calories, measuring portions, everything I had learned and told to do from all the previous diets I have been part of before surgery.

I was very upset, felt it was a big waste of time...all that preparation, pre testing and anxiety, just to go on another diet!

Fortunately, that is all behind me, it was just the Bandster Hell phase untill the band got properly adjusted.....

Now, my only regret is that I did not do this sooner.....about 20 years sooner!

I'm 3 weeks in so early days - but I did wonder what I'd done immediately after the op - but it does get better

Between 2-4 weeks post op I had some complications involving a stuck episode and seriously thought hard about 'what I just did to myself' but quickly got over it. It can be frustrating some times, but once I've gotten to know my band everything is going smoothly. Now I absolutely love my band! Nothing will ever taste as good as I feel right now, and I'm only 9 weeks post op now :)

Yep went through this stage myself, im 10weeks out now and it hasnt bee plain sailing... Ive struggled to loose weight, felt like i couldnt do another diet, stressed out badly.

I dunno what but something clicked and i just realised to hang in there until i get my restriction and it will be easier then.

Its just not an option to fail, i have a wedding in august, my daughters communion next year and my own wedding in 2/3 yrs!

I will walk down that isle slim and healthy :)

My better attitude and relaxed approach has helped me loose 3lb this week!