Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Sharp Left side pain after eating

Views
Started by fly4kidsrt, Apr 06, 2011 11:24 AM
1 reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

fly4kidsrt

Expert Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted April 6, 2011 - 11:24 AM

OK gang, I was told to start full liquids day after surg. (I know some of you are jealous-sorry) and then progress to soft foods as tolerated. Had a very soft scrambled egg this morning for breakfast and now if I take a deep breath in I get a sharp left sided pain near one of the incision sites. Progressed too fast??? Go back to full liquids?? Ideas?? Thanks everyone for all the support that I find here.

eko

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted April 6, 2011 - 11:35 AM

I was on full liquids for the full first week, then started progessing to soft foods. Did you happen to have a hernia repaired at time of banding? I would consider going back to full liquids until the pain passes and try again. Even though it was a soft scrambled egg, be sure to eat it slow and chew well as you heal. If the pain persists, call your doc. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply