Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two days to go to rid me of this cold!

Okay, on March third I noticed the cold and put myself on bed rest and made myself do nothing but sleep. I took lots of Water and Vitamin C. Now, three days later I am seeing the light! Cough is mostly gone. Congestion in head still remains...now I am steaming with a little sage. Tomorrow my husband and I will drive to the cities...about 60 to 70 miles away. We have a hotel room reserved very near the hospital. I was so afraid I was going to have to cancel surgery...but ...I think I can make it...I think I can...I think I can...am I just dreaming? Novena

Okay, on March third I noticed the cold and put myself on bed rest and made myself do nothing but sleep. I took lots of Water and Vitamin C. Now, three days later I am seeing the light! Cough is mostly gone. Congestion in head still remains...now I am steaming with a little sage. Tomorrow my husband and I will drive to the cities...about 60 to 70 miles away. We have a hotel room reserved very near the hospital. I was so afraid I was going to have to cancel surgery...but ...I think I can make it...I think I can...I think I can...am I just dreaming? Novena

Try Zicam is usually works within a day to shorten the duration on my cold. Also try Emergen-C

Oh man!! I am in the same boat! My surgery is on thursday, march 10th. I have had this "cold" for 2 and a half weeks now. I have been on antibiotics, mucinex D, robitussin and benadryl. Nothing is helping. I am so scared they will cancel my surgery!!! I have 3 days left to rid this cold!!!! Any suggestions???? I am miserable, but more imporantly....freaking out!!!!

Littledutchee

Good Girl ! As long as you shook that cough,, you can live with a stuffy head. But like I said a Hernia, you don't even want to go there. I know they fixed mine while I was on the table. But regardless take it easy ! You don't want to hurt anything. Because, there's no going back to 10 seconds before you even hurt yourself. Ya know what I mean? So hope you feel better.

HAPPY NEW BIRTHDAY TO YOU !

Littledutchee...I think there still is hope here, You have 4 days...is it possible for you to get a lot of rest? Lots of Vitamin C and then more rest. I think it did help me...I have a very poor immune system. I think it happened when I had a very bad case of mono when I was younger. I'm feeling a little feverish tonight...if not better by tomorrow I will have to call the surgery team. It's hard to pick my spirits up right now...all things work out for the best is the best thing I can think of...but my tears won't stop. Novena

Oh man!! I am in the same boat! My surgery is on thursday, march 10th. I have had this "cold" for 2 and a half weeks now. I have been on antibiotics, mucinex D, robitussin and benadryl. Nothing is helping. I am so scared they will cancel my surgery!!! I have 3 days left to rid this cold!!!! Any suggestions???? I am miserable, but more imporantly....freaking out!!!!

Littledutchee

chicken Soup, and if all else fails my husbands HOT TODDY will knock it out.

Make a pot of tea, in a quart glass pour in some HONEY, WHISKEY, and the TEA (AS HOT AS YOU CAN STAND IT)

Drink the whole thing, then get into bed, and cover up with a blanket so you sweat this thing out. Then see how you

are the next day. This should help. If it doesn't,,, call your Family Dr.

But this recipe does help or work depends on the cold. It can't hurt.

Thanks Novena for the words of encouragement. I hope your cold improved and you were able to have your surgery. :) I am starting to feel a little better. Unfortunately, I don't have extra time that I need to get extra sleep. I know that would help more than anything. I called my surgeon yesterday. They said that as long as I didn't have a fever, chills and my lungs were clear the day of surgery I would probably be ok. Fortunately, my lungs are clear, I don't have a fever or chills. I think I will be ok. I still have congestion and a cough, but at least am starting to see the light. I hope you are feeling ok and hopefully recovering from being banded!!!

I did it! I did it! talk about miracles! Two days before surgery...actually the day before, I still had that bad cold. To bed early again, lots of positive thoughts and prayers and Monday we drove in to the cities...a hotel near the hospital for the most part cold free. Prior to admissions, I told the doctors all. But I was no longer congested and was cough free. We went ahead with the surgery. All went well! Now I am home and just dealing with the tenderness...to put it mildly. Along with 'work' at resting. Vitamin C and Airborn and lots of fluids and prayers...a miracle happened and I am in my second day post op!!! Novena

Thanks for the suggestions 54Shirley. Excellent idea. I will try it!

Awesome Novena!! I was thinking of you and hoping you were able to have your surgery. I too was able to have mine on March 10th. I still have my cold, but not near as bad as before. My lungs were all clear, no fever and no chills. My cough had pretty much subsided, but since surgery, I seem to have it back some. Nothing like beofre though, so that is good. Like you, I too am dealing with "soreness" and post suegical pain and gas pains. Still dealing with head congestion. Makes is rough to cough or blow my nose right now. lol!! I am a great deal of "pressure" where I think my band is. Do you have that? I am assuming it is because My stomach and band area is still swollen.

Ohh, I am sooo glad you made it! Good for you! Now, that cold...I too was still a little head congested lots of juices and rest, rest, rest. I have a long line bra that hooks in the front. I have been wearing that since I got home...it helps a little with support then pressure of my hands on the hurt spots does the rest. I think walking around when not resting helps.. Oh, did I tell you about the sage steams? It's an old remedy I have used for years. Steam my nose and head with sage drops in the water...clears the sinuses every time.. I had the surgery on the eighth and the gas is pretty much gone.now. You know, I wonder if the long line bra helped with the swelling. I'm pretty sure the swelling is down. Before I thought of the long line bra, I was planning on figuring a way of binding my abs a bit. I hope you will keep me posted as to how you are doing. My first post op visit is Monday14th of March...I sure want more than Clear Liquids to Celebrate with!!. Novena

Awesome Novena!! I was thinking of you and hoping you were able to have your surgery. I too was able to have mine on March 10th. I still have my cold, but not near as bad as before. My lungs were all clear, no fever and no chills. My cough had pretty much subsided, but since surgery, I seem to have it back some. Nothing like beofre though, so that is good. Like you, I too am dealing with "soreness" and post suegical pain and gas pains. Still dealing with head congestion. Makes is rough to cough or blow my nose right now. lol!! I am a great deal of "pressure" where I think my band is. Do you have that? I am assuming it is because My stomach and band area is still swollen.

Thanks Novena! Is it ok if I try to add you as a friend? My soreness is getting a little better each day. Good idea about the sage steams. May try it. I am glad to hear that the bra helped you some. My best friend bought me a special pillow for my birthday before my surgery. My birthday was 3/3. She knew this would help with the tenderness and it has. Do you feel the band in your mid to upper left chest area? I think this is what I am feeling and can be uncomfortable. Hoping it is just because of swelling.

Take care~

Ohh, I am sooo glad you made it! Good for you! Now, that cold...I too was still a little head congested lots of juices and rest, rest, rest. I have a long line bra that hooks in the front. I have been wearing that since I got home...it helps a little with support then pressure of my hands on the hurt spots does the rest. I think walking around when not resting helps.. Oh, did I tell you about the sage steams? It's an old remedy I have used for years. Steam my nose and head with sage drops in the Water...clears the sinuses every time.. I had the surgery on the eighth and the gas is pretty much gone.now. You know, I wonder if the long line bra helped with the swelling. I'm pretty sure the swelling is down. Before I thought of the long line bra, I was planning on figuring a way of binding my abs a bit. I hope you will keep me posted as to how you are doing. My first post op visit is Monday14th of March...I sure want more than clear liquids to Celebrate with!!. Novena

Hi,

I am glad the tenderness is getting better. So is mine. Yes, my tenderness is also in the upper left area. I also have an incision about 2 inches in length in that area. . Not sure what that is but will find out tomorrow. I was told I also had a hernia repair. I was surprised about that! If i get a little too active (which doesn't take much) I get actual pain in the left shoulder and neck area. I'll check into that tomorrow too. Tomorrow is my first post op check. I still take a little liquid pain med but much less now, about twice a day. I'm not sure when all the swelling will go down...Have you heard how long it takes? Yes, I would like to be your friend. Novena

Thanks Novena! Is it ok if I try to add you as a friend? My soreness is getting a little better each day. Good idea about the sage steams. May try it. I am glad to hear that the bra helped you some. My best friend bought me a special pillow for my birthday before my surgery. My birthday was 3/3. She knew this would help with the tenderness and it has. Do you feel the band in your mid to upper left chest area? I think this is what I am feeling and can be uncomfortable. Hoping it is just because of swelling.

Take care~