Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Burning sensation in stomach

Views
Started by fillesudiste, Mar 05, 2011 11:06 AM
2 replies to this topic
2 replies to this topic

fillesudiste

Intermediate Member

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgery Date: Apr 2014
  • Starting Weight: 234 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 20 lbs
  • Current Weight: 214 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 33.5
  • My Blogs
Posted March 5, 2011 - 11:06 AM

So I'm 11 days post op and yesterday I a different feeling. I went to work and boy I can admit I should probably still be out. I know some other have gone back to work after 4 days, but we are all different. In my case, my job requires alot of engagement. Talking, meetings, etc. Although I spend some time sitting, the rest is meetings, where I am presenting information. Long story short, I was not physically or mentally ready to go back to work this week.
And to top if all off, yesterday I had the worse burning sensation in my stomach all day. I even had sugar free Popsicles to offset the discomfort. Should I be worried? I was taking Nexium for reflux prior to my surgery but was told not to take it anymore. Besides I am still on full liquids and doubt its anything I have "eaten" that has caused the discomfort. Silly as it may seem, I have never really experienced hunger pangs. So my husband thinks this is what it is! lol I seriously don't know. Are hunger pangs this burning sensation in your belly?Has anyone else experienced this?

hautemama

Advanced Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted March 6, 2011 - 9:28 PM

I'm thinking just alot of stomach acid from the stress of the surgery on your body. I was banded 1/11/11m and get alittle acidey sometimes- I chew two tums and it goes away. Hang in there and keep reading to find out what's normal and what's not.

Kalipso2

Finding My Way

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Mario Almanza-reyes
  • Surgery Date: Oct 2012
  • Starting Weight: 213 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 85 lbs
  • Current Weight: 128 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 125 lbs
  • BMI: 22
  • My Blogs
Posted March 7, 2011 - 3:04 PM

as soon as i read the title of your post i thought "acid reflux". my acid reflux acts up when i'm stressed... sometimes even worse than when i eat the wrong type of food! i'd go back to taking the nexium (but consult your doctor too)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Jul 25
    Zoey716

No AM workout today. But you better believe I'm heading to the gym right...

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      Jul 25
    pupichupi

Leaving in the morning for my mini vacation to cape cod, I can't wait to...

Show comments (5)
View All Updates

Trending Topics